ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   What game/s are you currently playing? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195032)

Samuel. 17-02-2012 05:55 PM

Despite buying 4 games today, I don't feel like playing any of them. So fortunately I just discovered Catherine is available to download on PSN. Almost 10 GB's though, 286 minutes to go :bored:

I'm definitely going to play it on the easy setting. The climbing puzzle looks alright, but as you say, it's seeing how the story and choices play that makes the game interesting by the looks of it.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 17-02-2012 10:28 PM

started playing shadows of the damned today it reminds me of bayonetta a lot but the main guy in this is nowhere near as fierce as bay

Samuel. 18-02-2012 01:18 AM

More fierce than a guy named Garcia "****ing" Hotspur, with a flaming skull thing called Johnson? Hmmm. I still need to play Bayonetta. And Shadows of the Damned for that matter. Both have been sitting on my desk for far too long.

Catherine took so bloody long to download (and it's still going now), I had time to start and finish Portal.

I liked it. It's a decent puzzle game with great writing. Not much more to say really. It didn't blow me away like it seemed to do for a lot of people. The ending was cool. Definitely looking forward picking up Portal 2 eventually.

Ninastar 18-02-2012 01:20 AM

Pokemon Black

/fabulous

Smithy 18-02-2012 01:20 AM

none :sad:

Smithy 18-02-2012 01:24 AM

I just read the plot for Catherine and that shit looks hella confusing

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 18-02-2012 12:32 PM

Johnson is fabulous i must admit

Samuel. 19-02-2012 12:49 AM

So I just completed Catherine, in one sitting... Speaks to how addictive it is.

I'm conflicted. It does so many things right; the voice acting, the game's style, the set of characters, the music, the bizarre story - all great. It's just the part where it's, you know, a game, that's lacking. I actually warmed up to the box pushing puzzles during the last few floors, but most of the time it just felt like it was getting in the way of the story.

The most disappointed thing about Catherine, though, is how little of an impact you actually have throughout the game with your dialogue/text response options. All they really do is swing your good/bad meter one way or the other. As far as I'm aware, you're not making that much of an impact on the story until the near the very end, which basically just decides what ending you'll receive. Tis disappointing.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons though. There's nothing quite like Catherine out there. It's not Atlus' best work, but certainly an interesting game to hold us over until Persona 5.

Samuel. 22-02-2012 08:18 PM

I bought a PSP Go, and I'm in love. Exactly what a handheld console should be about - downloadable games. It's a dead platform, but that doesn't matter to me when I haven't played any of the great PSP games available, as well as the PSOne Classics (or whatever they're calling them). Bought the GOAT puzzle game, Peggle, transferred Crash Team Racing and Crash Bandicoot 2 over from the PS3, and downloaded Persona 3 Portable. I'm now looking forward to my 40 minute train journey to college.

Also been playing Valkyria Chronicles, which I'm also loving. The gameplay is brilliant. It's like an expansive game of chess (well, sort of). It just works so well. Quite digging the story as well, and the whole style of the game is cool.

And lastly, the SSX demo :worship: Plays exactly how it should. Next Friday can't come soon enough.

Video games >

Samuel. 06-03-2012 11:53 AM

I've been playing a ton of SSX. Maybe like 30-35 hours since Thursday :bored: It's amazing, but definitely flawed. A sequel has so much potential.

Literally just started Persona 3 Portable. Man, I adore the Persona games so much (well, 3 and 4). Everything about them... I wish there were more games like them, no one other than Atlus seems to be doing this style of game.

And no 'The Answer' to ruin the ending and the characters for me with the PSP version.
Looking forward to seeing the changes, especially playing as a female character.

Samuel. 06-03-2012 12:00 PM

Yeah, Persona 4 Arena. I'm not into fighting games, but I'll definitely be picking it up. Love the look of the art style. No Yukari though </3

Samuel. 14-03-2012 05:43 PM

Still playing Persona 3 Portable, but also started playing Driver: San Francisco (seems pretty cool), Prince of Persia (eh) and LA Noire (liking it, playing in black and white >). It's getting a bit too much tbh, I've bought/started more games than I can handle, roughly a dozen.

And I'm downloading Journey atm, though I hear it's only an hour and a half/two hours. Looks incredible.

Samuel. 14-03-2012 08:07 PM

An hour and a half is accurate. Beautiful game.

I had the same companion for the entire journey :love:

King Gizzard 14-03-2012 08:15 PM

not too fond of the ssx demo tbh

too gimmick full for me..I like something a bit more realistic, not doing 893493 flips in one move and coming away from the board..maybe that's what's so fun about it for other people but yeah

Samuel. 14-03-2012 08:19 PM

SSX has never been realistic.

Ninastar 14-03-2012 08:31 PM

ordered pokemon heartgold or w.e its called

anyone know if its good?

Iceman 14-03-2012 09:30 PM

Playing Fifa 11 loads for some bizarre reason, just Platinummed Saints Row 3...finished Infamous aswell

King Gizzard 14-03-2012 09:31 PM

you should all get fifa street on friday

Iceman 14-03-2012 09:33 PM

Nah going out for the next 3 weeks starting Friday needs my money! Will be getting it though

King Gizzard 14-03-2012 09:39 PM

Made a thread about it the other day..it looks awesome, it's the same engine as the FIFA games and not all that crappy cartoon stuff anymore

bit of a joke that they're still realeasing it at full price even though it probably didn't take much effort/time to make in comparison to most games

Iceman 14-03-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 5019043)
Made a thread about it the other day..it looks awesome, it's the same engine as the FIFA games and not all that crappy cartoon stuff anymore

bit of a joke that they're still realeasing it at full price even though it probably didn't take much effort/time to make in comparison to most games

Is it full price? I have a voucher I need to use before June so might use that....cant think of any other games i want in the near future

Samuel. 24-03-2012 06:08 PM

The Persona 4 scene/cameo in Persona 3 Portable :love:

So well done. As soon as the upbeat Persona 4 music started playing, I placed my PSP down for 5 minutes and let the music play, grinning from ear to ear. I think I'm going to have to play Persona 1 and 2 after this, I'm too in love with 3 and 4 it'd be wrong not to. And I'm going to have to get a Vita for P4:Golden as well :|

Also still playing pretty much everything I was before, SSX more than anything though. Oh, and Gears of War 3. Which I'm liking, but definitely not as much as the first two. Maybe because I'm solo'ing it this time.

SharkAttack 24-03-2012 06:51 PM

Finally got an xbox a few weeks ago, y'know, since the kiddies are getting older and need things to play when its raining out, and since the PS2 is now considered an antique. ;) Grabbed Saints Row Third, haven't played for more than an hour...it's fairly insane in a good way. About 70% done with Catherine, which has gotten maddening but fun. Kids and wife are playing Rayman Origins. Waiting for the next Final Fantasy and GTA.

Samuel. 28-03-2012 04:19 PM

I haven't touched LA Noire in a while. I'll probably go back to it eventually, I like the change of pace.

I hated Dragon Age 2. Origins was a throwback to the older RPGs and specifically for those fans, and they did an excellent job of it. Which is why DA2 failed; they tried to modernise Dragon Age, thus losing a lot of its original appeal. It became the exact opposite to what the fans wanted from the series.

Novo 05-04-2012 03:50 PM

Morrigan :worship:

I was really far into the first Dragon Age but then broke my disk because i moved the xbox by accident whilst it was in it :bored: need to buy a new copy, I've been playing Age of Empires online lately, really addictive.