ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   What game/s are you currently playing? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195032)

Black Dagger 21-01-2012 01:42 PM

What game/s are you currently playing?

I got addicted to Sims 3 again, might get an expansion pack next week.

Been playing Arkham City as well.

Samuel. 21-01-2012 01:50 PM

A lot of Uncharted 3 multiplayer and FIFA12 online.

Also close to completing Deus Ex, which I'm enjoying. Absolutely love the style, they pull it off brilliantly.

Tales of Vesperia, Rayman Origins, Skyrim and Saints Row the Third are all games I'll be playing more of in the next few weeks. As well starting LA Noire and Shadows of the Damned, and probably starting Beyonetta again since I'll have probably completely forgotten how to play it by now.

And I've got Windwaker waiting to be played as well. Video games at the moment :love: And there's still a ton that I need to play from last year.

Niall 21-01-2012 01:52 PM

I haven't been playing anything really, well does Temple Run count?

I played MW3 a fair bit, but I'm seriously considering selling it. I want Saints Row the Third so much though and GTAV too. Ugh s;lghs.

Niall 21-01-2012 02:26 PM

I actually rented it from Blockbuster for a while and I loved it. :love: I just don't have the monies to buy it. :sad:

The gameplay is so so so fun as is the character customisation. :lovedup:

Stu 21-01-2012 02:42 PM

Nothing since Christmas unfortunately. Been busy with coursework like mad.

Going to start playing Oddworld : Strangers Wrath again tonight though.

Novo 22-01-2012 12:57 PM

Nothing at the minute, might start a new game on FFXIII soon though before FFXIII-2 Comes out

Stu 22-01-2012 01:43 PM

I was toying with the idea of that but I can't bring myself to play that awful **** again. I'll just jump straight to XIII-2.

MeMyselfAndI 22-01-2012 02:27 PM

I like the song in Final Fantasy

Novo 22-01-2012 02:41 PM

I didn't enjoy FFXIII that much either.. will be confusing playing FFXIII-2 though without having the events of FFXIII in my head

Ryan57 22-01-2012 07:58 PM

Batman: Arkham City
Sly Cooper 2 (Sly trilogy)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
God of War 2 (GOW Collection)

Ramsay 22-01-2012 07:59 PM

Nothing really atm
Thinking of buying the Splinter Cell HD collection..can get it for like 15 quid online..nice way to relive my childhood

CharlieO 22-01-2012 08:00 PM

I can't play until easter because of school but just before I came back I was addicted to Saints row 3

Stu 25-01-2012 11:40 AM

The original Splinter Cell was mindblowing when I first played it on the Xbox and Chaos Theory was class too. I'll definitely be picking up that HD collection when I have the spare moolah.

After playing the XIII-2 demo last night I'm going to cave in, buy XIII again today and just allow it to brainwash me into enjoying it. It'll be a race to finish it before next Friday though. The MGS HD collection is out on the same day and I'm snapping that up too. Didn't bother importing it so can't wait.

~retro.

Scarlett. 25-01-2012 11:44 AM

Resident Evil 5, playing it with friends is very fun xD

Waiting for the Metal Gear HD collection though.

Marc 25-01-2012 12:13 PM

I'm playing Pokemon GOld on my Mac :joker: loving it

Stu 27-01-2012 07:29 PM

I really enjoyed the demo but I found it really hard because I suck at the battle system. That will probably change once I get used to it again.

It's got me excited for the series again, anyway. Alright so it's not what it was but FF is still around. **** it.

rk3388 27-01-2012 08:00 PM

hmm im playing skyward sword, just bought majoras mask on virtual console
Finishing up super mario 3d land
And playing LEgo Harry Potter years 1-4 with my brother
AND still playing MArio KArt 7...

Samuel. 03-02-2012 10:36 PM

A whole lot of Mass Effect 2. Loving it just as much as I did at release. Probably my favourite game of the generation.

And some WWE All Stars as well, which I'm also loving, despite not having cared for wrestling in about 6 years.

Scarlett. 03-02-2012 10:41 PM

Got MGS HD and FF XIII, playing FF first

Samuel. 05-02-2012 01:11 PM

Started playing Enslaved.

The voice acting is brilliant, and I'm loving both characters, especially Trip :love:

Samuel. 09-02-2012 12:55 PM

Just finished Enslaved. Brilliant game. Trip and Monkey are both great characters, but it's the relationship between them that was executed so well. Loved the ending as well.

It felt slightly rushed near the end, like 2 or 3 chapters were missing. But it's still definitely one of the best games I've played in a while.

Recommended for anyone looking for an Uncharted-esque game with more emotion. Could probably pick it up for like £10-£15 by now.

Sucks that it sold poorly. One of the most underrated games of the generation.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 09-02-2012 06:31 PM

alan wake and im bored of it now i just want it to end -shakes-

Samuel. 17-02-2012 11:23 AM

Finished Mass Effect 2 and Pigsy's Perfect 10 (Enslaved DLC).

ME2 is still the masterpiece I remember it to be.

Pigsy's Perfect 10 is probably the best DLC I've ever played. Very different gameplay to the original Enslaved (better gameplay in some ways), a different, more upbeat tone, and a different side to Pigsy we didn't see much of during Enslaved. The voice acting and cutscenes are brilliant. It's about 3 hours long. I can't fault it.

I don't know what I'll be playing next. Might go Gamestation today. Otherwise I still have Saints Row the Third's DLC to play.

I'm close to giving up on the idea of finishing Skyrm. Might even just trade it in today. I don't think it's as nearly as good as just about everyone is making it out to be. Sure, there are hundreds upon hundreds of locations to see and quests to do, but none of it is particularly good, they're all just okay, bar a few good ones. So many of them are just well disguised fetch quests, or just simple 'go to X location, kill enemies, done'. And I don't fancy spending tens of hours trudging through the mediocre stuff hoping to find a gem.

Samuel. 17-02-2012 01:01 PM

I just went to try and buy Catherine. They were out of copies :bored:

Instead I've bought Valkyria Chronicles, The Orange Box (for Portal), inFamous 2, and Heavy Rain. And also pre-ordered Mass Effect 3.

I'm spoilt for choice.

Roy Mars III 17-02-2012 01:02 PM

deus ex human revolution

Samuel. 17-02-2012 05:55 PM

Despite buying 4 games today, I don't feel like playing any of them. So fortunately I just discovered Catherine is available to download on PSN. Almost 10 GB's though, 286 minutes to go :bored:

I'm definitely going to play it on the easy setting. The climbing puzzle looks alright, but as you say, it's seeing how the story and choices play that makes the game interesting by the looks of it.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 17-02-2012 10:28 PM

started playing shadows of the damned today it reminds me of bayonetta a lot but the main guy in this is nowhere near as fierce as bay

Samuel. 18-02-2012 01:18 AM

More fierce than a guy named Garcia "****ing" Hotspur, with a flaming skull thing called Johnson? Hmmm. I still need to play Bayonetta. And Shadows of the Damned for that matter. Both have been sitting on my desk for far too long.

Catherine took so bloody long to download (and it's still going now), I had time to start and finish Portal.

I liked it. It's a decent puzzle game with great writing. Not much more to say really. It didn't blow me away like it seemed to do for a lot of people. The ending was cool. Definitely looking forward picking up Portal 2 eventually.

Ninastar 18-02-2012 01:20 AM

Pokemon Black

/fabulous

Smithy 18-02-2012 01:20 AM

none :sad:

Smithy 18-02-2012 01:24 AM

I just read the plot for Catherine and that shit looks hella confusing

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 18-02-2012 12:32 PM

Johnson is fabulous i must admit

Samuel. 19-02-2012 12:49 AM

So I just completed Catherine, in one sitting... Speaks to how addictive it is.

I'm conflicted. It does so many things right; the voice acting, the game's style, the set of characters, the music, the bizarre story - all great. It's just the part where it's, you know, a game, that's lacking. I actually warmed up to the box pushing puzzles during the last few floors, but most of the time it just felt like it was getting in the way of the story.

The most disappointed thing about Catherine, though, is how little of an impact you actually have throughout the game with your dialogue/text response options. All they really do is swing your good/bad meter one way or the other. As far as I'm aware, you're not making that much of an impact on the story until the near the very end, which basically just decides what ending you'll receive. Tis disappointing.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons though. There's nothing quite like Catherine out there. It's not Atlus' best work, but certainly an interesting game to hold us over until Persona 5.

Samuel. 22-02-2012 08:18 PM

I bought a PSP Go, and I'm in love. Exactly what a handheld console should be about - downloadable games. It's a dead platform, but that doesn't matter to me when I haven't played any of the great PSP games available, as well as the PSOne Classics (or whatever they're calling them). Bought the GOAT puzzle game, Peggle, transferred Crash Team Racing and Crash Bandicoot 2 over from the PS3, and downloaded Persona 3 Portable. I'm now looking forward to my 40 minute train journey to college.

Also been playing Valkyria Chronicles, which I'm also loving. The gameplay is brilliant. It's like an expansive game of chess (well, sort of). It just works so well. Quite digging the story as well, and the whole style of the game is cool.

And lastly, the SSX demo :worship: Plays exactly how it should. Next Friday can't come soon enough.

Video games >

Samuel. 06-03-2012 11:53 AM

I've been playing a ton of SSX. Maybe like 30-35 hours since Thursday :bored: It's amazing, but definitely flawed. A sequel has so much potential.

Literally just started Persona 3 Portable. Man, I adore the Persona games so much (well, 3 and 4). Everything about them... I wish there were more games like them, no one other than Atlus seems to be doing this style of game.

And no 'The Answer' to ruin the ending and the characters for me with the PSP version.
Looking forward to seeing the changes, especially playing as a female character.

Samuel. 06-03-2012 12:00 PM

Yeah, Persona 4 Arena. I'm not into fighting games, but I'll definitely be picking it up. Love the look of the art style. No Yukari though </3

Samuel. 14-03-2012 05:43 PM

Still playing Persona 3 Portable, but also started playing Driver: San Francisco (seems pretty cool), Prince of Persia (eh) and LA Noire (liking it, playing in black and white >). It's getting a bit too much tbh, I've bought/started more games than I can handle, roughly a dozen.

And I'm downloading Journey atm, though I hear it's only an hour and a half/two hours. Looks incredible.

Samuel. 14-03-2012 08:07 PM

An hour and a half is accurate. Beautiful game.

I had the same companion for the entire journey :love:

King Gizzard 14-03-2012 08:15 PM

not too fond of the ssx demo tbh

too gimmick full for me..I like something a bit more realistic, not doing 893493 flips in one move and coming away from the board..maybe that's what's so fun about it for other people but yeah

Samuel. 14-03-2012 08:19 PM

SSX has never been realistic.