ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Social network extremities? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200969)

Mrluvaluva 11-05-2012 03:10 AM

Social network extremities?

I just noticed on Vimeo, that you can upload a video onto Facebook/Tumblr/Pinterest, and then tweet about doing so. :laugh:

How many social networking sites are you a member of, and do you religiously use one main one, and then interlink on others?

King Gizzard 11-05-2012 03:12 AM

hardly use facebook anymore, but alot of sites are replacing their login/sign up systems with it (for example, Plug DJ)

only really use twitter, can use that to log into stuff as well

InOne 11-05-2012 03:12 AM

On facebook and twitter, don't really use either

Jords 11-05-2012 03:13 AM

Facebook and Twitter

Locke. 11-05-2012 03:13 AM

Just twitter and facebook. Don't have them linked, Twitter is for random crap, Facebook is for important stuff.

Just realized I haven't posted a status on facebook since March 17th, must be a record for me

MTVN 11-05-2012 03:15 AM

Only use Facebook, never been bothered to get into Twitter, annoying how loads of sites try ad get you to log into stuff with FB now and then it goes and publishes it on your profile if you do

Ramsay 11-05-2012 03:17 AM

facebook twitter and recently tumblr

Jords 11-05-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 5130795)
Only use Facebook, never been bothered to get into Twitter, annoying how loads of sites try ad get you to log into stuff with FB now and then it goes and publishes it on your profile if you do

Thats whats good about Twitter you can log-in with that and not care who sees it :laugh:

Althought recently there has been a spell of people I know getting Twitter and following me somehow LOL

King Gizzard 11-05-2012 03:22 AM

ever since they permanently switches me to timeline I never use it

Shaun 11-05-2012 03:41 AM

I use pretty much all of them but I hate how they're beginning to interlink. I don't want articles I read on the Guardian or the New York Post to come up in my Facebook activity feed.

Pyramid* 11-05-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrluvaluva (Post 5130787)
I just noticed on Vimeo, that you can upload a video onto Facebook/Tumblr/Pinterest, and then tweet about doing so. :laugh:

How many social networking sites are you a member of, and do you religiously use one main one, and then interlink on others?

I've got FB though only very select personal friends I've known for many many years.

I know quite a people - mature adults in very responsible positions, with families, that are on anything and everything, Twitter, Facebook, Business sites, forums and it's unbelievable the really big themselves up constantly, always bragging, are on all the time just about - even often duriing working hours when I know they were at work and then of course the two faced comments they put up on nights out when their tongues and mouths are a bit looser - that they temp forget about before they wise up again and delete them. It's hilarious. :joker:

It's like they have to constantly get attention, tell everyone where they are, with who etc every minute of the day. How they get away with it.

More to the point, how they have the time amazes me. They make me giggle though when I see them face to face and they act so very professional and super nice to everyone!

lostalex 11-05-2012 06:39 AM

i don't use facebook, it automatically connects you to all of your family members, and i really could not handle having to think about my family seeing everything i say. No facebook for me.

Z 11-05-2012 09:54 AM

I don't link them, I think it's dangerous to do so because there's every possibility you'll forget just who can be reading your stuff. Facebook, Twitter & YouTube are my main three. I advertise my YouTube videos on Twitter rather than Facebook usually, but I do that manually.

Maia 11-05-2012 09:58 AM

Only use Twitter. I have a Facebook but never use it because it pains me to go on that site.

Kazanne 11-05-2012 09:58 AM

I have a graphic site on FB,but never would use it for personal stuff,use Twitter to follow someone,but again not for personal use,Git a Vimeo site but dont link any.

Mrluvaluva 11-05-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 5130895)
i don't use facebook, it automatically connects you to all of your family members, and i really could not handle having to think about my family seeing everything i say. No facebook for me.

If you do not wish to connect to them then you don't have to. It's not forced.

Mrluvaluva 11-05-2012 10:48 AM

Touching upon a point mentioned by Pyramid. Does anyone update FB with where they are and what they are doing? Often "checking in" from your mobile?

arista 11-05-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrluvaluva (Post 5131059)
Touching upon a point mentioned by Pyramid. Does anyone update FB with where they are and what they are doing? Often "checking in" from your mobile?

I have Not done the Timeline
on my facebook

arista 11-05-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 5130895)

But you can use a Fake Name.

Mrluvaluva 11-05-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 5131069)
I have Not done the Timeline
on my facebook

I do not know many that particularly like the new feature.

Smithy 11-05-2012 11:46 AM

Twitter and tumblr

GypsyGoth 11-05-2012 12:18 PM

I have a twitter,fb, tumblr. Don't use them much at all. I do use my twitter account to enter plugdj.

Also I have lastfm and youtube accounts, I'd probably log into those more, about once every month or two. Although I have to redownload lastfm.

Josy 11-05-2012 12:32 PM

I only use fb

edit - but I'm not one of these fb users that feels the need to update my status every 2 minutes with every single thing i'm doing.

Niall 11-05-2012 12:34 PM

I'm on MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Google+ (rofl what a fail that was).

The only one I use heavily on a daily basis is Tumblr. I post the odd status or photo on Facebook and Twitter though, I enjoy getting likes~. MySpace and Google+ I don't bother with at all.

arista 11-05-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrluvaluva (Post 5131137)
I do not know many that particularly like the new feature.

But what if I click Not Now
Forever
will they be happy with me?