ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Voice (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Louis Walsh hates The Voice UK (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201215)

Callum 15-05-2012 01:06 PM

Louis Walsh hates The Voice UK

Quote:

The X Factor's Louis Walsh has hit out at his BBC rivals The Voice UK.

The judge told Heat that he was happy Simon Cowell's Britain's Got Talent had been pipping The Voice in the ratings.

"I hate The Voice," Walsh said. "I think everyone thought The Voice UK would be like the US version, and it's not.

"It's dull and boring. I'm glad BGT is winning the ratings battle - it's much better."

Asked if he would ever be a coach on The Voice, he replied: "No way, it's not great TV. It's like Fame Academy all those years ago.

"The best thing about it are the revolving chairs, and once you've seen that, the novelty wears off."

Walsh dismissed The Voice's will.i.am as "ridiculous", adding: "What's that man's real name anyway? It's not will.i.am, is it?

"He thinks he's got all the answers, but if he didn't have Fergie in the band, where would he be?

"Fergie is the real star. I would love her on The X Factor, and to be a judge on the show."

He added: "The X Factor is the biggest show on TV and the other shows are just copying us with their silly chairs.

"Simon Cowell is the king of TV and if he's not involved then it's not good."
How this annoying old man has still got a job on TV is beyond me :bored:

Black Dagger 15-05-2012 01:07 PM

It's funny, because all 4 of these coaches have more talent in their little toe than Louis :bored:

Niamh. 15-05-2012 01:10 PM

Will.I.Am is amazing :hmph: So is Louis though, so i forgive him

Firewire 15-05-2012 01:12 PM

He's right though... The Voice is boring.

Black Dagger 15-05-2012 01:12 PM

Louis' rant on Frankie > any moment on X Factor ever.

Still odious though.

Vanessa 15-05-2012 01:12 PM

I like The Voice. Louis is just saying his opinion. :blush:

rSlavenx 15-05-2012 01:13 PM

Since the live shows started i've turned off The Voice UK, however I thought the auditions and Battle Rounds were amazing. Louis can't really say too much considering X Factor isn't much different.

rSlavenx 15-05-2012 01:16 PM

And the fact is, Louis Walsh is probably the dullest thing about the X Factor.

Jordan. 15-05-2012 01:16 PM

He had a fair point until he started arse licking the XF and Simon Cowell. He's probably not even seen the voice.

Kate! 15-05-2012 01:17 PM

Shut up Louis.

MTVN 15-05-2012 01:19 PM

"The best thing about it are the revolving chairs"

Very true Louis

Marc 15-05-2012 01:21 PM

Is it because it doesn't have retarded acts like Wagner and Jedward on it and doesn't allow for them to even come close to getting on it? :bored:

I do prefer the X Factor and I think I always will because of the history of it and I've been involved in watched every series, however the Voice really does have a good premise as it really does go far to get 'talent' and not entertainment. I like the fact that it invites people to come and audition and it's the good people who get invited and not the joke acts.

Maia 15-05-2012 01:26 PM

Silly man, wish he won 1p on Deal or No Deal now

lostalex 15-05-2012 01:31 PM

who is he? how many of his acts broke into the Amer4ican market?? none. And i'm talking about even before X-factor, suppossedly he created these amazing boy bands, why did none of his boy bands make it to the American market? because he's a hack. WHo is he?

can't stand him. he's like Paul O'Grady's more obnoxious little brother.

Marc 15-05-2012 01:32 PM

Did ya have Westlife?

Marc 15-05-2012 01:33 PM

Wow.. Westlife didn't make it in the US.. (just checking their Discography on wiki)

Marsh. 15-05-2012 01:33 PM

His biggest insult for Will, was "What's his name?" lol. How stupid is this geriatric?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 5138471)
who is he? how many of his acts broke into the Amer4ican market?? none. And i'm talking about even before X-factor, suppossedly he created these amazing boy bands, why did none of his boy bands make it to the American market? because he's a hack. WHo is he?

can't stand him. he's like Paul O'Grady's more obnoxious little brother.

Can't stand Louis but, sorry, getting to America isn't the be all and end all of success. :rolleyes:

Z 15-05-2012 01:38 PM

He comes across as an idiot a lot of the time on TV but there is a very shrewd, perceptive individual behind the persona, usually spot on and often seems to predict the futures of media prospects accurately too. Wouldn't be surprised if The Voice gets a massive shake up for its next series or if it even gets cancelled altogether what with those declining ratings.

Jack_ 15-05-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 5138416)
He's right though... The Voice is boring.

Correct.

I agree with most of what he said although I liked Fame Academy and it was much better than The Voice...and to be honest maybe even X Factor so I disagree there.

But X Factor is still miles more entertaining than The Voice.

Toxic 15-05-2012 03:53 PM

I agree with him, it is boring and nobody can deny it.

Just ask yourself, what do you look more forward to...The Voice or The X Factor?

The answer is obvious, just take a look at viewing figures, The Voice got 5 million last week where as The X Factor pulls is over 10 million for EVERY show.

Braden 15-05-2012 03:54 PM

I love how Louis just says everything how he feels. I totally agree with everything he said.

Especially how he basically made out Simon to be the don of reality tv talent shows.

bbfan1991 15-05-2012 04:22 PM

I agree with Louis, had a little glance of what the fuss was about and decided it was not my cup of tea and not watched it while BGT was still on:idc:.

Doogle 15-05-2012 04:31 PM

I was agreeing until he started with that "X Factor is the biggest thing ever everyone is copying we are superior" nonsense.

Maia 15-05-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxic (Post 5138821)
Just ask yourself, what do you look more forward to...The Voice or The X Factor?

The Voice

lostalex 15-05-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 5138480)
His biggest insult for Will, was "What's his name?" lol. How stupid is this geriatric?

Can't stand Louis but, sorry, getting to America isn't the be all and end all of success. :rolleyes:

i'm sorry, but it is actually. :idc: