ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Is lukes idea to get an op with the winnings a scam (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205229)

sampvt 01-07-2012 06:22 PM

Is lukes idea to get an op with the winnings a scam

He didnt seem all that knowledgable about what needed to be done to complete his gender re asignment. Its been noted on other forums that his gameplan might be the biggest BB has ever seen. I know its getting tough to win BB after Aaron re wrote the book but this could be too hard to swallow.

rayheartbliss 01-07-2012 06:24 PM

i dont think its a gameplay
and im pretty sure he like the others would want to win

his reasons is just better than the others

Gillian-73 01-07-2012 06:27 PM

A scam? what do you mean that he might not really want the surgery?

Indy 01-07-2012 06:27 PM

He's as knowledgeable as he can be without knowing which surgery he's going to get. There's more than one way to do what he needs done, and he's probably been advised not to focus on step 15 when he's still on step 8.

Marc 01-07-2012 06:32 PM

I don't think it's a gameplan tbh. I think people are just too quick ot label people as gameplayers. Pretty petty

hulakula 01-07-2012 06:49 PM

When did he say he was going spend the money (if he wins) on completing his gender reassignment surgery?

sampvt 01-07-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillian-73 (Post 5261752)
A scam? what do you mean that he might not really want the surgery?

After sitting and listening to him going on about gender re asignment the other night, he only spoke about the physical changes with the op. He made it all sound very mechanical and from what I know about this op, as someone with less than an interest than he has, he came accross very unconvincing.

He never covered the phyciatric evaluation, the steps, the waiting time, the experiences of others etc etc. In fact the knowledge he imparted was quite general and vague. I was expecting him to firstly know a bit more but at the same time I also missed the empathy one would expect to hear for one so desparate to get this op over and done with, he just didnt seem that bothered, in fact at one point he did mention some trans genders never have the op, I found that confusing.

Mrluvaluva 01-07-2012 07:00 PM

Surely if he wins he can do with it as he sees fit? :shrug:

Edit. Oh, I see. You think he might have concocted the story to get some kind of "sympathy" vote to win and then use the money for something else? Is that what you mean?

rayheartbliss 01-07-2012 07:03 PM

this thread is disgusting....sure he'd love to win, and its pretty obvious, we all know where that money is possibley going to contribute to his surgery!

we know that
and he knows it too

and now hes a gameplayer?

sampvt 01-07-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrluvaluva (Post 5261857)
Surely if he wins he can do with it as he sees fit? :shrug:

Thats a gimme but as the thread title says, is he using his plight to gain the sympathy vote.

hulakula 01-07-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 5261871)
Thats a gimme but as the thread title says, is he using his plight to gain the sympathy vote.

He's never portrayed himself as a victim because of his transgender status or even said that he needs to win the money in order to have a phalloplasty. Why do you assume he trying to gain the sympathy vote?

joeysteele 01-07-2012 07:14 PM

To be fair to Luke, I think he was more concerned at what the others housemates reaction to his story would be,which thankfully was all really positive for him from them.

If he were to win however, that amount of money would likely help him a great deal in pursuing all he now requires to be done.
Good luck to him but like others have said,I don't even think I have heard him talk of the prize money, last year we heard loads as to the prize pot from most of those housemates.

daniel-lewis-1985 01-07-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 5261847)
After sitting and listening to him going on about gender re asignment the other night, he only spoke about the physical changes with the op. He made it all sound very mechanical and from what I know about this op, as someone with less than an interest than he has, he came accross very unconvincing.

He never covered the phyciatric evaluation, the steps, the waiting time, the experiences of others etc etc. In fact the knowledge he imparted was quite general and vague. I was expecting him to firstly know a bit more but at the same time I also missed the empathy one would expect to hear for one so desparate to get this op over and done with, he just didnt seem that bothered, in fact at one point he did mention some trans genders never have the op, I found that confusing.

We saw a very edited version of a long conversation where he actually did discuss his mental state and said that he had been living as a man for years and has also accepted mentally that thats what he is.

Your posts are pathetic and anyone who actually agrees with you needs their heads checking.

Niamh. 01-07-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 5261847)

What do you mean though, that you think he's not actually transgender?

Mrluvaluva 01-07-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 5261871)

I edited my post as I caught on to what you were implying and I have to say I do not agree at all. As far as I am aware he has had reassignment to the breasts etc but has not progressed with the genitalia aspects . His reassignment issues do not cause me personally to be biased towards him in any way or form and I just see it as a game of personalities and look upon their actions etc whilst within the house.

sampvt 01-07-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayheartbliss (Post 5261870)
this thread is disgusting....sure he'd love to win, and its pretty obvious, we all know where that money is possibley going to contribute to his surgery!

we know that
and he knows it too

and now hes a gameplayer?

Here we go, now this thread is disgusting is it. It seems ok to call Becky a fat bitch and a whale and its ok to call Ash a slag and a loose woman. Its even ok to call Connor a phyco and all manner of things, it even seems ok to berate and slag off all the housemates, but once someone even dares to question, yes question,(I never stated anything, I just asked for opionions) our little Lukes methods and palns for the future, my thread is disgusting.

I will tell you whats disgusting, the way some members think they can come on here and call other peoples threads disgusting. Thats disgusting and patronising. Luke deserves to be analised just like the others do. Ive never called him anything untoward or stated my opinions in a harsh way. I simply asked a question.

kistar 01-07-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulakula (Post 5261817)
When did he say he was going spend the money (if he wins) on completing his gender reassignment surgery?

See the thread should BB give Luke an operation

daniel-lewis-1985 01-07-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 5261942)
Here we go, now this thread is disgusting is it. It seems ok to call Becky a fat bitch and a whale and its ok to call Ash a slag and a loose woman. Its even ok to call Connor a phyco and all manner of things, it even seems ok to berate and slag off all the housemates, but once someone even dares to question, yes question,(I never stated anything, I just asked for opionions) our little Lukes methods and palns for the future, my thread is disgusting.

I will tell you whats disgusting, the way some members think they can come on here and call other peoples threads disgusting. Thats disgusting and patronising. Luke deserves to be analised just like the others do. Ive never called him anything untoward or stated my opinions in a harsh way. I simply asked a question.

Yes but you're not analysing you're accusing.

You wrote he never discussed the mental sides of gender reasignment when he actually did.

I suggest before making absurd threads you pay attention to the show otherwise all you're gonna be doing is posting endless threads about something totally ficticious and making yourself look like a moron.

hulakula 01-07-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kistar (Post 5261944)
See the thread should BB give Luke an operation

You haven't answered my question. I presume you are speculating and Luke hasn't disclosed what he is intending to do with the money if he wins.

kistar 01-07-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulakula (Post 5261955)
You haven't answered my question. I presume you are speculating and Luke hasn't disclosed what he is intending to do with the money if he wins.

Have you read through that thread?

sampvt 01-07-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 5261934)
What do you mean though, that you think he's not actually transgender?

TBH Naimh I dont want to get infracted for being out there against him, I simply cant see a great deal of commitment there. Maybe I am wrong but I was reading other posts on other sites and these other sites seem to be running with the idea that all is not clear and I wanted to see if we on here were any different. The problem is as I have stated, that as soon as his transgender is discussed, it creates a minefield of venom and nasty posts. That wasnt my aim.

In closing if you want my personal and unbiased opinion, I would venture to suggest that like people before him, nadia etc, he will still be the same person in many years to come. but thats my opinion based on the fact that I cant see in his eyes or actions that he is fully commited.

billy123 01-07-2012 07:26 PM

This "target audience" is wacky.
I miss big brother.

kistar 01-07-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 5261942)

Great thread , you were just posing a question and starting a debate that's what it's all about isn't it?

Niamh. 01-07-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 5261966)
TBH Naimh I dont want to get infracted for being out there against him, I simply cant see a great deal of commitment there. Maybe I am wrong but I was reading other posts on other sites and these other sites seem to be running with the idea that all is not clear and I wanted to see if we on here were any different. The problem is as I have stated, that as soon as his transgender is discussed, it creates a minefield of venom and nasty posts. That wasnt my aim.

In closing if you want my personal and unbiased opinion, I would venture to suggest that like people before him, nadia etc, he will still be the same person in many years to come. but thats my opinion based on the fact that I cant see in his eyes or actions that he is fully commited.

Well, he's already had an operation to get rid of his breasts and he's obviously taking testosterone as well, all that would suggest that he's heading towards getting the operation.

smeagol 01-07-2012 07:31 PM

going to the lenghs he has already gone to to achieve his aim sounds like comitment to me.
the idear of a scam is ridiculus.