ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   BB13 compared to BB12 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209590)

NiallMcCarthy 10-08-2012 07:32 PM

BB13 compared to BB12

I'm so happy with Channel 5 because of BB13.

Okay, back to September last year. BB12's launch was dire. There was no house tour, the titles were awful, the housemates were all under-30 who could be Hollister models. The way Brian did a cringeworthy 30 second interview before they went in, the revolving bridge, the crappy doors, THE PAMELA TWIST. It was all awful! What did Pamela actually contribute to the series?
Remember the graphics? There wasn't even sound though? It was just wind in the background:joker:
BB12's housemates were alright, there was some great characters like Rebeckah, Anton, Harry, Jay, Alex, Faye, Tashie.. but then again some irrelevant characters like Maisy, Jem, Louise, Tom and Aden. Mark actually could've brightened up the series if he hadn't walked.
The only thing I liked about BB12's house was the living room sofas, the bathroom and the cow sofas they had in the garden on like Day 5 for one day before replacing them with those dull brown ones:nono:
There was no memorable twists, the crypt?:sleep:
Only one of the tasks stands out for me, the YES task.
There is only 2 stand-out moments for me for BB12, they are Alex's four spraytans and Harry ordering 500 bananas.
BB12 had an awful winner, idc what anyone says Aaron just sulked for 9 weeks and everyone loved that for some reason. Even BB9's Rachel comes above him in winners! I mean look at the likes of Brian, Nadia, Pete..
Also, WE DIDN'T GET SERIES BEST BITS:bawling:
Well not if you count that music video of all the couples with like 76 Pixie Lott songs in the background. I mean look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dem_aUcfMZc
Big Brother 7's best bits actually made you cry, at the prison task bit.

Now back to June this year. It really started to feel like Big Brother again! Yes again there was no housr tour and the cringey interviews remained, but by far better than BB12. I actually love the titles and graphics this year. Maybe if we had a few more cutaways/graphics involving the house etc, because I love the graphics, BB7 BB8 and BB9's graphics:love: The twist this year, Deana's face-to-face nominations, actually brought some controversy to the first few days.
BB13's housemates were amazing, best cast since BB9 in my opinion. Every one of them has contributed something, there is a few bores though, just Adam, Ashleigh and Luke S. Yes, the good housemates were evicted early. Look at my sig - all of them were amazing!
BB13's house was amazing as well, the bedroom and garden:love: It could do with a room like BB11's nest or BB6's loft, but I love the way the bedroom goes into the garden and lounge!
There was good twists this year! The wildcard twist was good:spin: the white room:love::love::love:
There was great tasks for BB13, turf wars, laboratory, even the museum task reminded me of BB7's prison task:hugesmile:
We don't know the winner this year but as long as Adam, Ashleigh and Luke S don't win? Miles better than Aaron. We better get best bits this year as well:P

coolface 10-08-2012 07:35 PM

lettuce be cereal both series have been terrible

Roy Mars III 10-08-2012 07:35 PM

BB12 was much, much better

Andrew. 10-08-2012 07:36 PM

i agree, BB12 felt rushed and idk it just didnt feel like Big Brother but this year it has, its actually my fav series since BB9.

The housemates are great, the house is gorgeous and the tasks have been priceless

Hopefully this is a sign and year on year channel 5 keep getting better, CBB9 was MILES better from anything Channel 4 had, so lets hope each series it improves!

Munchkins 10-08-2012 07:36 PM

I really disliked BB12 and Aaron
i only kept watching for Faye, and then she was evicted :(

coolface 10-08-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchkins (Post 5392182)
I really disliked BB12 and Aaron
i only kept watching for Faye, and then she was evicted :(

faye was awful, needy, annoying, whiney, attention seeking

Flamingjoe 10-08-2012 07:45 PM

IMO, BB12 was the worst series ever.

BB13 is now my fifth favourite series, I have actually really liked it.

reece(: 10-08-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolface (Post 5392186)

everything needed in a great HM.

Seriously though, BB12 was DULL. Full of bore*****s and too focused on showmance :sleep: nothing really good happened after Week 3.

Flamingjoe 10-08-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Jay was aggressive, threatening and intimidating. I think Jay had many more worse traits than Faye did.

NiallMcCarthy 10-08-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

bad picture but only pic of them together, maisy faye and louise:love::love::love::love::love:
http://files.list.co.uk/images/2011/...2107-26aol.jpg

armand.kay 10-08-2012 08:04 PM

Fay was really funny on the online updates/clips but was made put to be a boring and Miserable.

Gstar 10-08-2012 08:19 PM

BB12 was awful, awful awful

BB13 shows that they are definitely improving, I am proud of C5 for that

Maia 10-08-2012 09:01 PM

Amazing amazing series. BB13 shouldn't even be mentioned in its presence.

Macie Lightfoot 10-08-2012 09:10 PM

BB12 is quite possibly the worst season of anything ever recorded. BB13 is one of the best.

starry 10-08-2012 09:45 PM

The cast is better but the production values are exactly the same (so terrible). For example a one hour show for a double eviction, lol. CH5 are such cheapskates.