ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB10 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=599)
-   -   The Situation: Does he realise how much Julian dislikes him (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210738)

alex_front2 23-08-2012 11:08 AM

Does he realise how much Julian dislikes him

Mike / Situation seems to be quite oblivious to how much Julian disdains him* despite the face to face nomination. Poor Mike. :joker:

* or how jealous Julian is of his vastly bigger pay check and current career :joker:

Ellen 23-08-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5430233)
Mike / Situation seems to be quite oblivious to how much Julian disdains him* despite the face to face nomination. Poor Mike. :joker:

* or how jealous Julian is of his vastly bigger pay check and current career :joker:

I dont think Julian dislike the sitch, he said in the diary room he was a nice lad just not his cup of tea.

Both Julie & Julian find it hard to understand how he could earn so much & not have worked for it as in years of doing tv & stage like most actors do.

Julian is more jealous of the 6pk than anything else.

HBB1508 23-08-2012 11:29 AM

I don't think Julian is jealous of or dislikes the occasional table I think it's more that he finds him an easy target as he doesn't understand much of Julian's humour.

rayheartbliss 23-08-2012 11:36 AM

i don't think julian 'dislike' him

and mike probably understands that julian is just a bit old to understand him

rayheartbliss 23-08-2012 11:36 AM

i don't think julian 'dislike' him

and mike probably understands that julian is just a bit old to understand him

Roy Mars III 23-08-2012 11:39 AM

don't think Mike cares either way tbh

flamingGalah! 23-08-2012 11:57 AM

Julian isn't jealous of him & he doesn't dis-like him as such, he is just perplexed at why the guy is even famous & how he has made so much money, much like the rest of the population...

alex_front2 23-08-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingGalah! (Post 5430364)
Julian isn't jealous of him & he doesn't dis-like him as such, he is just perplexed at why the guy is even famous & how he has made so much money, much like the rest of the population...

Could say the same thing about Julian. But thankfully he's barely doing much nowadays excepting touring provincial towns and a spot panto in Wigan, wondering why Graham Norton Alan Carr and Paul OGrady all have talkshows :joker: Meanwhile the Situation gets $600k to endorse a sports drink. :joker: Come to think of it, can't blame Julian for being totally bitter.

lostalex 23-08-2012 12:01 PM

I still don't know what occasional table means. is "occasional table" a common phrase in the UK?

I don't think Mike gives a sheet what Julian thinks.

alex_front2 23-08-2012 12:02 PM

Occasional table is a piece of furniture that has no real function but may look good to owner but not everyone else. It's a table that's not really neccessary but is used for fluffy unimportant reasons eg storing peanuts when guests arrive etc. It's Julian's way of putting Mike down as being thick vain and pointless.

Kazanne 23-08-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5430369)
Could say the same thing about Julian. But thankfully he's barely doing much nowadays excepting touring provincial towns and a spot panto in Wigan, wondering why Graham Norton Alan Carr and Paul OGrady all have talkshows :joker: Meanwhile the Situation gets $600k to endorse a sports drink. :joker: Come to think of it, can't blame Julian for being totally bitter.

People have more money than sense if they have that much to throw away on someone who does what again?

lostalex 23-08-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5430378)
Occasional table is a piece of furniture that has no real function but may look good to owner but not everyone else. It's a table that's not really neccessary but is used for fluffy unimportant reasons eg storing peanuts when guests arrive etc. It's Julian's way of putting Mike down as being thick vain and pointless.

IC, thanks for explaining. Julian is an asshole.

flamingGalah! 23-08-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5430369)

How is Julian being bitter?? He thinks The Situation is a thick, untalented moron, which he is :joker:

Julian has had a big career in the UK & has had numerous TV shows etc.. He is first & foremost a comedian, so he does tours, as do most comedians, he has nothing to be jealous of at all :xyxwave:

flamingGalah! 23-08-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 5430383)
IC, thanks for explaining. Julian is an asshole.

But The Situation IS thick, vain & useless :joker:

muchadoaboutnothing 23-08-2012 12:09 PM

I did wonder what 'Occasional Table' meant and pleased that Alex_Front2 explained. I guess it is much the same as how people say there is a 'White Elephant' in the room.

alex_front2 23-08-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingGalah! (Post 5430386)
How is Julian being bitter?? He thinks The Situation is a thick, untalented moron, which he is :joker:

Julian had had a big career in the UK & has had numerous TV shows etc.. He was first & foremost a comedian, so he does tours, as do most comedians, he has nothing to be jealous of at all - except he's past it now :xyxwave:

Corrected for you.

He no longer has a big career really just a few tours for women from the 1980s in Lowestoft. I can't bare Ricky Gervais, Frankie Boyle, Miranda Hart, Dara OBriain, Jack Whitehall, Russell Brand or Michael McIntyre, but if I was going to bandy the phrase 'X comedian has a big career in UK and has had numerous TV shows' these are just some of the ones this is applicable imo to. Not Clarey. His last proper attempt at TV was the Johanathan Ross flop vehicle 'It's Only TV' and even then rival panellist Jack Dee destroyed Clarey every week in the comedy stakes.

alex_front2 23-08-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingGalah! (Post 5430388)
But The Situation IS thick, vain & useless :joker:

And yet funnier than 'professional comic' Clarey. Sucks to be Julian.

Ellen 23-08-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5430392)
Correct.

He no longer has a big career really just a few tours for women from the 1980s in Lowestoft. I can't bare Ricky Gervais, Frankie Boyle, Miranda Hart, Dara OBriain, Jack Whitehall, Russell Brand or Michael McIntyre, but if I was going to bandy the phrase 'X comedian has a big career in UK and has had numerous TV shows' these are just some of the ones this is applicable imo to. Not Clarey.

Julian had a big career long before those comedians were around, they came after Julian.

flamingGalah! 23-08-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5430392)
Correct.

He no longer has a big career really just a few tours for women from the 1980s in Lowestoft. I can't bare Ricky Gervais, Frankie Boyle, Miranda Hart, Dara OBriain, Jack Whitehall, Russell Brand or Michael McIntyre, but if I was going to bandy the phrase 'X comedian has a big career in UK and has had numerous TV shows' these are just some of the ones this is applicable imo to. Not Clarey.

Julian WAS bigger in the 1980's & 1990's & he has had lots of different TV shows ,but he still has a sizeable following, enough for him to tour...

How long do you think The Situation's "career" is going to last?? In a couple of years no one will know who he is & what money he has earnt will be pi**ed or snorted away or blown on hookers. He has NO talent whatsoever & is only "famous" for being a thick, vain, self obsessed tw*t on a US reality show :joker:

alex_front2 23-08-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellen (Post 5430404)
Julian had a big career long before those comedians were around, they came after Julian.

But the poster was using present tense. Julian is now an irrelevant foot note in comedy history. More teenies probably have heard of Tommy Cooper, Monty Python and Peter Cook who obviously came before Clary

flamingGalah! 23-08-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5430400)
And yet funnier than 'professional comic' Clarey. Sucks to be Julian.

How on earth is he "funny" :conf: He is thick as pig's sh*t & parades about as if he is some Greek God :joker:

Yes, hilarious...

alex_front2 23-08-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingGalah! (Post 5430407)
Julian WAS bigger in the 1980's & 1990's & he has had lots of different TV shows ,but he still has a sizeable following, enough for him to tour...

How long do you think The Situation's "career" is going to last?? In a couple of years no one will know who he is & what money he has earnt will be pi**ed or snorted away or blown on hookers. He has NO talent whatsoever & is only "famous" for being a thick, vain, self obsessed tw*t on a US reality show :joker:

It's not really about longetivity it's also about impact. Take music Beverly Knight;s been around for ever but Adele is a bigger star. There is simply no place for Clary's brand of comedy. The telling thing was the White Swallow joke. It was camp/ gay icon Julie who thought he was being serious and didn;t get it initially whilst youngster Ashley who knew it was a joke and yet Ashley didn't laugh.

I am no fan of the Situation but he's a big reality star in US. Jersy Shore may not be as big as it was 2 years ago but he still earns more than a lot of Hollywood stars and gets more viewers than mega stars. Heivey Keitel's Life on Mars remake flopped.

flamingGalah! 23-08-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 5430409)
But the poster was using present tense. Julian is now an irrelevant foot note in comedy history. More teenies probably have heard of Tommy Cooper, Monty Python and Peter Cook who obviously came before Clary

Actually if you read what I wrote I said he HAD a big career, but he is still well known enough to be able to make a living from touring... :xyxwave:

I doubt very much if any "teenies" will have heard of those comedians you mention, but what difference does that make?? :conf: Pretty much everyone over the age of 20 hadn't heard of The Situation until he entered the house :joker:

alex_front2 23-08-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingGalah! (Post 5430386)

Julian has had a big career in the UK & has had numerous TV shows etc.. He is first & foremost a comedian, so he does tours, as do most comedians, he has nothing to be jealous of at all :xyxwave:

Yep you're right you were using past tense. Yep. Fell free to use your waving arm smiley thing.

alex_front2 23-08-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingGalah! (Post 5430411)
How on earth is he "funny" :conf: He is thick as pig's sh*t & parades about as if he is some Greek God :joker:

Yes, hilarious...

Yep white swallow. so so hilarious and totally unpredictable. ahem.