ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Soaps (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Lauren Branning's feelings for Joey to deepen [EE] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212189)

Me. I Am Salman 09-09-2012 11:51 AM

Lauren Branning's feelings for Joey to deepen [EE]

Quote:

EastEnders' Lauren Branning will be forced to confront her feelings as she realises she is falling for her cousin Joey.

Over the next few weeks, viewers will see Lauren - played by 19-year-old Jacqueline Jossa - begin to realise that the love she feels for her Uncle Derek's son is more than a familial bond.

"This is going to be a huge storyline across the autumn," an EastEnders insider told the Daily Star Sunday.

"Lauren hits the booze and shows her vulnerable side to Joey. He's there for her and feels very protective.

"The more time they spend together the more they start to realise their feelings for each other are not just that of cousins."

As the chemistry between the teenage pair intensifies, they try to hide their feelings from Lauren's parents Max and Tanya and Joey's sinister dad Derek.

"It's a powerful force," the source added. "The attraction is so strong between them that it's going to take something huge to stop them jumping into bed."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...usin-joey.html

the upcoming Christmas storyline is to do with the Brannings so it could be something to do with this..

also this is similar to the Sharon-Dennis storyline.. does anyone else feel like they're trying to make Joey the new Dennis?

InOne 09-09-2012 11:53 AM

Joey is NOTHING like Dennis. His open mouth tilt your head to one side acting is just awful. Plus Dennis and Sharon weren't blood related.

Me. I Am Salman 09-09-2012 11:55 AM

I know they're not blood related but it's still a bit similar
And I don't think Joey is like Dennis but I think they're trying to make him like Dennis. He's awful and should be axed.

InOne 09-09-2012 11:56 AM

All the Brannings should be axed, terrible family.

flamingGalah! 09-09-2012 11:57 AM

EastEnders needs a bloody Branning cull, it is quite ridiculous just how many of them now live in Albert Square :sleep:

Me. I Am Salman 09-09-2012 11:59 AM

So annoying that we get another Branning dominated Christmas

InOne 09-09-2012 11:59 AM

And we've got that bloody Ava coming who is a Cross. Another extended Branning basically

Me. I Am Salman 09-09-2012 12:03 PM

At least it's not Sharon who's Cora's secret daughter. Thank **** for that
People are speculating though that Ava is Patrick's daughter since she's being played by a black character :crazy: I hope not though we've already had the whole Denise thing

Loukas 09-09-2012 12:16 PM

Joey is the hottest thing to come from EE since Dennis. There characters are far from similar tho :lovedup:

Redway 09-09-2012 12:18 PM

I fail to see how anyone could even remotely compare Dennis to Joey (sorry, Salman:tongue:). For one the 2004-2005 era is absolutely nothing like now and Dennis was genuinely interesting. All this Joey guy seems to do is go around kissing teenage girls and punching people. :bored:

That sums up why EastEnders has been so crap over the past few years.

Brother Leon 09-09-2012 12:22 PM

What a **** Xmas story. Need to watch the last week of episodes.

Redway 09-09-2012 12:28 PM

Yeah these constant Branning storylines are grating. I gave up all hope in them when I was like 14.

Me. I Am Salman 09-09-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 5473618)
I fail to see how anyone could even remotely compare Dennis to Joey (sorry, Salman:tongue:). For one the 2004-2005 era is absolutely nothing like now and Dennis was genuinely interesting. All this Joey guy seems to do is go around kissing teenage girls and punching people. :bored:

That sums up why EastEnders has been so crap over the past few years.

Just sort of how they both had bitterness towards their dads, their initial hardman image, the upcoming storyline, even their looks.. small similarities lol

Kizzy 09-09-2012 12:31 PM

Kissing cousins in the queen vic?....How ironic

Redway 09-09-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salman! (Post 5473626)
Just sort of how they both had bitterness towards their dads, their initial hardman image, the upcoming storyline, even their looks.. small similarities lol

I see what you mean but Dennis will never be topped imo. :lovedup:

Maia 09-09-2012 01:01 PM

Oh for god sake what is it with EastEnders and keeping it in the family

Redway 09-09-2012 03:15 PM

Kim, Bianca and the kids, Ray, Kat, Alfie, Roxy Shirley, Cora, Lauren, Joey, Derek, Tyler, Slutney and Twatboy all need to gtfo out for sure.

Locke. 09-09-2012 03:22 PM

Dennis = The best Soap character of all time.
Joey = One of the worst.

Kate! 09-09-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 5473792)
Kim, Bianca and the kids, Ray, Kat, Alfie, Roxy Shirley, Cora, Lauren, Joey, Derek, Tyler, Slutney and Twatboy all need to gtfo out for sure.

Lol Sam, that's half the cast :D

Redway 09-09-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 5473803)
Dennis = The best Soap character of all time.
Joey = One of the worst.

:worship:

And 2003-2005 = one of EastEnders' best periods.
2012 = second-worst year behind 2011 most probably.

So that automatically makes Dennis a damnsite better than Joey as he was there in a much better time for the show with good writers.

Redway 09-09-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Kate* (Post 5473806)
Lol Sam, that's half the cast :D

Lol I know it is but there's a lot of deadwood around. Which unfortunately is half the cast right now. They really should bring in a new family or summat. That would be swell.

Edit - missed out Mo.