ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Helen on 'Lorraine' (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215)

Kaz 22-01-2002 05:49 PM

Helen on \'Lorraine\'

Hi everyone. :wavey:

As someone who unfortunately is not able to watch 'Lorraine' most days, and has a memory like a sieve for remembering to set the video, I've started this thread in the hope that some kind forum members, who are able to watch the programme, can keep me and others updated on what Helen's up to.

Apparently she was on today's show (a recorded piece), so if anyone would like to start the ball rolling and let us know what happened, I would be extremely grateful! :thumbs: :spin2: :thumbs:

LEE 23-01-2002 09:37 AM

Well, I've just watched todays show and Helen wasn't on it, in fact she wasn't even mentioned at all. :bawling:

As chilledbootz said on another thread, she's hardly been on at all recently and it's quite worrying.

However, I have just read a post that hallie made on TalkBB where she says how she has heard back from GMTV after having made in enquiry about Helen, and that she was told that Helen is still very much part of Lorraine's team and that she has just been of doing 'various projects'. So it looks as though Helen will be back soon. Let's hope so. :thumbs:

Romantic Old Bird 23-01-2002 05:18 PM

I'll try and keep you updated until I go back to work. (After that, I can't, my video timer is kaput)

After her 5 x in one week appearances w/c 7.1.02, Helen had one prerecorded appearance on Tues last week, and has had one this Tuesday. Although I will keep a look out, I'm not really expecting to see her again this week.

As you probably know, quite a few of us rang and emailed our concerns to sky/GMTV and extolled her virtues. Good old hallie persevered and got them to ring back with an answer.

I'm sure the interest and expressions of concern won't have gone amiss for Helen, and I don't feel as pessimistic about her Sky future as I did.

Trying to be positive!:thumbs:

Romantic Old Bird 24-01-2002 09:39 AM

OK, so no Helen today again, but tomorrow she is going to be on, according to Lorraine, looking at the 'hottest handbags'.

I feel a Mr Clarke mention coming on...............:hello::love::hello:

LEE 24-01-2002 09:48 AM

Good, at last!!

It's looks like we were all worrying about nothing. :bouncy:

Christine 24-01-2002 09:48 AM

Oh - that's not fair. I can't watch it tomorrow, 'cos I've got to go to work. :bawling:

Christine http://www.BBFans.com

Kaz 24-01-2002 09:58 AM

Fantastic!! Cheers, R.O.B. :thumbs:

Absolutely - any discussion about hottest handbags will have to involve Helen's lovely little black Gucci number from Mr Clarke, won't it? :spin2: :love: :laugh:

Romantic Old Bird 25-01-2002 09:34 AM

Fraid not Kaz! What a disappointment for a girl!
Re:today's Lorraine.
Today's session was just a pre-recorded tape of Helen shopping in the high street for an evening bag 'to take to my friend Sam's cocktail party'

I thought she said her Gucci bag was all she needed, although I suppose she needed some premise to go.

No PC mention, even when she went to Gucci.

Now, let's all remain calm shall we. I'm doing some deep breathing and positive thinking. It would have helped if I hadn't read that somewhat cryptic posting by Vix. What HAS been said?

I am now going down to immerse myself to happier days, as I'm on week 6 of Dolly's tapes.

I do not wish to be disturbed by harbingers of doom. I am returning to ROB's little world.

I may speak to you later. Please don't scare me, I'm fragile.

Kaz 25-01-2002 09:54 AM

Oh dear - and after I'd remembered to set my video too.

I was somewhat puzzled by Vix's comments too. Although she did say 'rest assured', which I took to mean she was reassuring chilledbootz that all was well, the rest of the sentence was a bit misleading. However, she did say that none of the 'exclusives' were in relation to H&P, which I took to mean that there would be no shock revelations about them.

We have to remember that, whatever Stuart said in the interview, it is just his opinion of how he sees the relationship - and who knows, his comments might be positive after all!

I think we've learned our lesson in the past that too much speculation and letting our imaginations run riot is not good for our health, so I'm just going to 'chill my boots' and wait until the interview is posted up. :spin2:

Romantic Old Bird 28-01-2002 09:44 AM

Re: Lorraine this morning.

No Helen, and no mention re: tomorrow, although hallie rang up immediately and was assured Helen was still part of the show, but had 'other commitments'.

I hope these are real, fruitful commitments for her future, and not fanciful PR cover-ups. I'm really not being paranoid here, it's just that these euphemisms are often rolled out for public figures, i.e.

Spending more time with his family (sacked)
Just good friends
(Having a rampant and steamy affair)
I have complete faith in him as a manager
(Start looking in the Sunday league)

No doubt we will all find out sooner or later.

brian made two brief appearances though, chatting to Ben at the premiere of that Monsters film.

Basically he said he thought he should replace Kym in Hearsay, and when asked who he thought was the real monster in the BB house said, 'Oh, I couldn't say!.. Narinder!' I just have a feeling he had someone else in mind and thought Naz would forgive him that one!

Feefs 28-01-2002 10:34 AM

I'm going to be optimistic about these new committments. Her video is still doing really well, and probably far better than anyone imagined. She really is right up there with Tracy Shaw and Patsy Palmer, which shows how much the public still love her. That will have proven to cynical tv people that Helen's bubble has by no means burst. After all, people are willing to spend actual money to see her, so they're bound to be willing to switch the tv on.

The point I'm meandering towards is that it's quite likely she will have been approached to take part in new, more adventurous projects. It could all be in the early, discussion stages, so we shouldn't get too excited, nor expect any announcements too soon. After all, they only announced Brian would be doing smtv right at the last minute, even though it had obviously been in the pipeline for months.

ROB - I have another theory especially for you, but it's RESTRICTED, so I sent you a U2U. :flower:

Kaz 28-01-2002 10:50 AM

Thanks for the update, ROB. :thumbs:

It's disappointing that Helen hasn't been 'live' on Lorraine for a while now, but I think Feefs is right - we should look on the fact that Helen has other commitments in a positive light. Hopefully when these projects come to fruition it will mean that we will see a lot more of her on TV.
:flower: :colour: :flower:

peachy 29-01-2002 04:37 PM

Could anyone tell me if Helen was on lorraine today?

bananarama 29-01-2002 06:05 PM

Yes she was. Not live in the studio unfortunately. She had another weird beauty treatement. She was her normal bright as a button self. Regards. bananarama:colour::colour::spin2:

Kaz 29-01-2002 06:15 PM

Thanks for that, bananarama. As usual I forgot to set my video in case!! Hopefully she'll be back live in the studio soon.

Welcome to the board - hope you enjoy posting here!! :xyxwave:

bananarama 30-01-2002 06:08 PM

I am beginning to wonder about that! The format of the show has been modified. They don't normally have the happy little group sitting all together having a friendly chat at the beginning of the show now. I suspect that Sky has cut down on the shows budget.:conf::bouncy:

Romantic Old Bird 31-01-2002 10:18 AM

I think you're right, bananarama!

Helen is not the only one who is seen less often and more or less exclusively in pre-recorded slots.

Perhaps the whole Sky morning TV concept has been 'down-sized' because it has brought in the revenue they hoped for. It was spread across the whole morning originally. Maybe it is going to be scrapped.

Lorraine seems to be putting more into her 8.35am LK Today spot on GMTV, and quite a few of her Sky presenters are on there with her. Not Helen though, unfortunately.

Anyway, today's Lorraine, just skimmed through. H not on, but is the subject of Mondays 'Grand in your hand' question.

Does the Lorraine show's Helen Adams originally come from?

Is it

Ireland, Wales or France? Errrrrr - tricky?

Telephone 09050 626160. I never do it because I'd be all embarassed.

Any rode up, according to Lorraine, 'our Helen' is on tomorrow,

'swopping her designer shoes for wellies when we send her down on the farm'.

Mmmm, is Farmer Giles going to smear her with yogurt? Or something worse?

Let's hope it's a nice traditional farmyard. Lot's of ooooh's over the cute animals and eurghhhs over the smell and muck!:flower:

Kaz 31-01-2002 10:26 AM

Thanks ROB. :wavey:

If Helen's going to be down on the farm tomorrow, it surely can't be a beauty product related item, can it? Or have they brought out a new horse manure conditioning body treatment and I've missed it?!! :shocked:

Look forward to tomorrow's thrilling instalment - you're doing a great job. :thumbs:

Romantic Old Bird 01-02-2002 10:26 AM

Helen was down at Bunce's meadow and Deen City Farm, as the second of the 'regulars' to be doing something completely different.

Lorraine said they had decided to send Helen there because she said 'OOOoh, I like pigs, they're pink!'

She had to feed the lambs and a cow, and muck out the pigs. You can imagine! She didn't look too comfortable in the pens, and memories of chicken cleaning sprang to mind. Then she sort of groomed a horse, and said things like 'Ooooh, nice burm, I love his burm.' as she stroked it and smiled other burms came to mind for me, and I'm pretty sure for her too! Just imagine being able to stroke Mr Clarke's burm at will!

She tried to plait the horses tail but got a bit nervous, and settled instead for brushing and trimming a long haired guinea pig!

Lorraine said 'It'll be covered in sequins and glitter next!'

Hallie thought it was filmed some time ago, as Helen's hair was quite short and up, but I'm not so sure. She wasn't really suitably dressed, wearing that short black suede jacket with leather trims. Gloves on all the time, sensibly. She looked fine and obviously had a laugh!

As hallie pointed out, there are probably a good few classic out-takes!

Kaz 01-02-2002 12:48 PM

Quote:

'OOOoh, I like pigs, they're pink!'
You can just imagine her saying that, can't you! :laugh:

Sounds like it was a good assignment for her, which allowed her lovely bubbly personality to shine. It's good to hear they're referring to her as a 'regular' too - bodes well for an extension to her contract (here's hoping).

R.O.B. - me thinks you are somewhat obsessed with a certain part of Mr Clarke's anatomy, no? :blush:

Romantic Old Bird 01-02-2002 03:17 PM

Kaz, a thing of beauty is a joy forever....

It's simply the best, better than all the rest!!:blush: :colour::dazzler:

LEE 04-02-2002 11:00 AM

No mention of our Helen at all again today. :bawling: (Unless she was mentioned in the first 5 mins which I missed)

It certainly doesn't bode well for seeing her much on the show in the future.

After Lorraine finished I flicked over to BBC1 and realisd that Craig was on Housecall. I didn't think much of the programme as a whole, but I thought Craig was good, he was very enthusiastic and looked at though he was having a great laugh.

Housecall is on BBC1 every day at 10am. I'm not sure how often Craig is on, but the main presenter certainly mentioned him being there tomorrow so it might be every day.

:flower::flower::flower:

Romantic Old Bird 04-02-2002 11:18 AM

Lee,

I agree it's not good that those two bewigged poppinjays seem to have taken over Helen's Monday hair makeover spot.

However, she was mentioned, at the end.
She is going to see 'the woman resposible for Madonna's face' and thet will be on tomorrow!

Let's think positive, and if you want to express your disappointment directly to Sky, it's

lorraine@sky.com

I don't suppose it will make any difference, but it's worth a try. They never answer though, how rude!:mad:

LEE 04-02-2002 11:23 AM

Quote:

However, she was mentioned, at the end.
She is going to see 'the woman responsible for Madonna's face' and that will be on tomorrow!
Ooh, I missed that, thanks ROB. I must have been concentrating more on the work I was supposed to be doing at that point. :shocked: That'll teach me to get my priorities right in future. :laugh:

Romantic Old Bird 05-02-2002 09:17 AM

Well, Helen may have met the woman responsible for Madonna's face, but all that really happened is that she had another facial!

No doubt a Reaaally expensive one though, and it started with a foot soak, which I suppose is a little different. Problem is, a facial feels really LUSH, (I had one once, I've lived!) but it isn't a great spectator sport. Her skin seemed to flare up quite badly in the middle of it, probably it has reached it's tolerance level.

This is what worries me most, they seem to have a sad lack of ideas of what to do with her. She can't really shine in these scenarios. They also seem to take on more and more regulars. I think she could have done so much more than this, shame.

On the plus side, Helen did nod off again. She was actually doing the baby suck reflex thing, all that was missing was the dummy! She is an incredibly relaxed person isn't she? I'm sure she'll cope with whatever fate holds in store for her.

Bless her, the camera may add a few pounds, and I certainly can't talk, but those shots of her do seem to accentuate her roundness. Now, you know I'm not one to talk, but......

She looked relaxed and happy, and she kept that ring on all the time, even when her hands and fingers were massaged.

let's hope they give her something more exciting to do soon. Maybe when Pop Idol is over