ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2012 [S9] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=602)
-   -   Matt Cardle vs James Arthur [Twitter war continues] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217019)

Jordan. 09-12-2012 11:40 PM

Matt Cardle vs James Arthur [Twitter war continues]

Quote:

Matt Cardle has said he is "disappointed" that James Arthur criticised him in the press.

Cardle took to Twitter today (December 9) to send support to Arthur but addressed the comments he was reported to have made to The Mirror.

James Arthur reportedly said that the previous male X Factor winners have not been successful as they have released poor material.

He said: "I find the statistics ridiculous, the blokes that have won before have had a niche, they haven't sold records because they haven't made great albums. That's the bottom line.

"This show has evolved. If either me or Jahmene won, the albums will be good and they will sell.

"There's creative control this year, there hasn't been that before."

He went on to say that previous winners have had to "compromise".

Cardle responded: "@JamesArthur23 I think you are so talented bro and I really hope you win tonight, but you haven't sold 2 million records... yet...

"@JamesArthur23 … you haven't had two Top 10 albums… yet. So disappointed you're slagging off my work and my career.

"@JamesArthur23 you're not just slagging me off, but Eg White, Biff Stannard, Steve Booker, and so many other incredible writer producers."

He ended by tweeting: "I appreciate everyone's opinion. I've ALWAYS said James is an amazing talent but today he has slagged off my work in the press. Disappointing."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/...f-my-work.html
Even Tulisa has sold over 2 million...

Shaun 09-12-2012 11:44 PM

hasn't he got some painting to do http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/c/c1/Bored.gif

Marc 09-12-2012 11:45 PM

Matt Cardle doesn't really have any leg to stand on here...

Mystic Mock 09-12-2012 11:46 PM

Tbf James Arthur is right, Matt had a decent voice but his songs were rubbish, and Louis turned Shayne into a clown, and Simon never wanted Joe to win so he got a bunch of covers.

All I will say in defense of Matt though is that I hope James puts his money where his mouth is and produces some great Music.

King Gizzard 10-12-2012 02:15 AM

Both come across as bellends away from the show tbh. Think too much of themselves

Ramsay 10-12-2012 02:16 AM

Gotta love that winner curse

Ramsay 10-12-2012 02:17 AM

james is good and all but the poor guy is destined to fail because he won

King Gizzard 10-12-2012 02:18 AM

think he could break the curse really, he has more to him than just another xf contestant with a voice

Ramsay 10-12-2012 02:22 AM

i was thinking that too, i honestly do hope he does good

MrWong 10-12-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboman (Post 5684067)
hasn't he got some painting to do http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/c/c1/Bored.gif

:joker:

Saph 10-12-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

but you haven't sold 2 million records...
What does he expect.. he only won last night :s

Benjamin 10-12-2012 02:11 PM

I like James, but winning usually isn't a good thing, he may have been better off coming runner-up. After 9 seasons of XF all the winners have faded into obscurity (even Leona and Alexandra have faded compared to what they once were) so it's doubtful it will change now, especially when the show has even less fans and viewers.

Jesus. 10-12-2012 02:15 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T1FW6mvBQy...wambulance.jpg

Kazanne 10-12-2012 02:25 PM

I like Matt and his music,I have really enjoyed his last two albums,James on the other hand is ok and I will wait to see if he sticks with Syco or has the balls to pull away and be true to himself,or if he sells millions,he really shouldnt critize other people until he's surpassed them and I wont hold my breath.

Niamh. 10-12-2012 02:27 PM

It is a small bit premature of him to be pointing out where other winners have gone wrong tbf

Me. I Am Salman 10-12-2012 02:31 PM

Prick

Me. I Am Salman 10-12-2012 02:34 PM

Matt's material was LAUGHABLE
James has so much more potential. And if he can break one curse he can break another.

BigBrotherfan4ever 10-12-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazcracker (Post 5684564)
I like Matt and his music,I have really enjoyed his last two albums,James on the other hand is ok and I will wait to see if he sticks with Syco or has the balls to pull away and be true to himself,or if he sells millions,he really shouldnt critize other people until he's surpassed them and I wont hold my breath.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmas Neeve (Post 5684566)
It is a small bit premature of him to be pointing out where other winners have gone wrong tbf

Have to say agree with both of you, I think Matt is got the nicest personality of the two of them & I love his music, James is a good singer, but there just something about him I can't take to, but I can't put my finger on it why that is.

Kazanne 10-12-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrotherfan4ever (Post 5684589)
Have to say agree with both of you, I think Matt is got the nicest personality of the two of them & I love his music, James is a good singer, but there just something about him I can't take to, but I can't put my finger on it why that is.

Thats exactly my feeling on James,I can not warm to him at all,he just looks as though he needs winding up all the time and I think these people lauding him as the next big thing are in for a shock and Yes,I love Matts music too:hugesmile:

Tom4784 10-12-2012 02:56 PM

Flop mess.

He should stop crying in the papers and look for a job.

Munchkins 10-12-2012 03:29 PM

Matt Cardle's singles... awful charting :((

When We Collide: #1
Run for your life: #6
Starlight: #185
Amazing: #84
It's Only Love #175

Owch

bbfan1991 10-12-2012 03:49 PM

James is so better than Matt and I actually hope he does better than him:).

It is a shame how Matt has got this better since a decline in his career progress, when you look at how well One Direction, Rebecca Ferguson and Cher Lloyd are doing currently...

Petershaw1984 10-12-2012 09:19 PM

i cant see james doing much better. Terrible song to bw followed by a niche style album

Marsh. 10-12-2012 09:22 PM

No matter what you think of Matt Cardle, James should wait until he's in a position to say "I'm more successful than you". Matt's right, wait until you've actually made the achievement instead of presuming you will.

Epic embarrassment if he flops now.

Shaun 10-12-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmas Neeve (Post 5684566)

not really

I can, and have done on numerous occasions, point out where they went wrong

just because someone's in the same profession as him doesn't mean he has to hold his tongue. If anything it's refreshing to see an X Factor act that hasn't had all of his negative opinions ironed out of him. So bored of all the "everything's amazing :) so happy to be here :) love music wanna stay true to myself :) xx" vacuousness