ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   brad pitt v tom cruise (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219259)

smeagol 15-01-2013 06:16 PM

brad pitt v tom cruise

brad pitt v tom cruise.

who do you prefer and who for you has done the best movies out of the two.

i'd say cruise is a fantastic actor ( when he has the role) better than pitt but film wise i think pitt is best. he seems to do more varied and gritty movies. where as cruise is more mainstream especially lately with all the action ones.

who's best ? ive listed some of their most well known movies below

TOM CRUISE
top gun,jerry maguire. the firm. a few good men. the colour of money. rain man, mission impossible. vanilla sky. the minority report, born on the 4th of july. interview with a vampire.the last samarai. knight & day. jack reacher . etc etc

BRAD PITT
fight club.snatch. twelve monkeys. seven. interview with a vampire., oceans 11. troy, inglorias bastards.sleepers. moneyball. the curious life of benjamin button, true romance. the mexican. kalifornia. meet joe black.
mr & mrs smith. etc etc

Locke. 15-01-2013 06:18 PM

Brad Pitt has made the better films but Tom Cruise is much cooler

Shaun 15-01-2013 06:36 PM

I prefer Brad Pitt as a person and as an actor. And as a looker.

KingBilly 15-01-2013 06:38 PM

They are both practically fossils.
http://i.imgur.com/OQC1K.gif

Kazanne 15-01-2013 06:39 PM

Both handsome but prefer Brad Pitt and like his movies better,Kalifornia was fab.

Saph 15-01-2013 06:39 PM

dont like either, but Tom Cruise creeps me out so ill say Brad is better.

Stu 15-01-2013 06:54 PM

Pitt is one of the most intriguing actors of his generation. Tom is perhaps one of the least.

AnnieK 15-01-2013 06:56 PM

Brad all the way for me...

Suze 15-01-2013 07:00 PM

Not over enamoured with either really. But of the two, Brad, no contest.

Niamh. 15-01-2013 07:15 PM

Brad by a mile, as others have said Tom gives me the creeps

InOne 15-01-2013 07:41 PM

Probably Tom, just prefer most of the films he's been in comapred to Pitt.

joeysteele 15-01-2013 07:45 PM

I think Brad Pitt has made the better movies but I was impressed with Tom Cruise in Far and Away and A few Good Men.
Meet Joe Black with Brad Pitt though is a film that always makes me think,I think it's very underrated.

(However,I prefer Kevin Bacon and his films to both of those 2 actors).

Niamh. 15-01-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 5763472)
I think Brad Pitt has made the better movies but I was impressed with Tom Cruise in Far and Away and A few Good Men.
Meet Joe Black with Brad Pitt though is a film that always makes me think,I think it's very underrated.

(However,I prefer Kevin Bacon and his films to both of those 2 actors).

Really? :shocked:

InOne 15-01-2013 07:54 PM

Is that where he puts on an Irish accent? lol

Niamh. 15-01-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InOne (Post 5763506)
Is that where he puts on an Irish accent? lol

Yeah, it was horrendous :laugh:

InOne 15-01-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 5763531)
Yeah, it was horrendous :laugh:

Yeah I remember seeing bits of it and couldn't watch it at all lol Not one of his best I have to say. I blame Nicole Kidman.

joeysteele 15-01-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 5763501)
Really? :shocked:

Yes, although as I said I prefer Pitt to Cruise both as to films and acting.

I did think 'Far and Away' a good story and felt it was a step up for Cruise after most of his films before it.
I am not though in any way a good authority as to Films, I just like what I like, if the story holds me or the acting is particularly good.

Me. I Am Salman 15-01-2013 08:45 PM

Brad, I kinda hate Tom Cruise

Niamh. 15-01-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 5763690)
Yes, although as I said I prefer Pitt to Cruise both as to films and acting.

I did think 'Far and Away' a good story and felt it was a step up for Cruise after most of his films before it.
I am not though in any way a good authority as to Films, I just like what I like, if the story holds me or the acting is particularly good.

That Irish accent though eek :joker:

Joelle. 15-01-2013 11:06 PM

I enjoy most of Tom's films, but you can tell he just does them to pay the bills these days.

Brad seems to be much more accomplished actor and his performances are a lot more memorable than Tom's, especially Fight Club and Inglourious Basterds. :love:

the truth 15-01-2013 11:52 PM

no point talking about tom anymore, the feminazis have decided he is satan because hes a scientologist and because they prefer his wife who is a truly sh*t actress... and all men must agree or go to hell with tom............ok Ill risk hell...whilst I like both actors....cruise is miles ahead career wise, he is a better actor overall with more presence and bigger performances
pitt has spent much of his career playing cameo roles but cruise sells movies all by himself

pitt struggled a bit overcoming the sex symbol thing, you can see hes not enjoying many earlier roles imho....now finally hes enjoying he was great in the oceans movies and fight club, sleepers, he seems to be making more interesting movies now, though moneyball was a bit disappointing overall...

cruise has made loads of great movies and many really original ones too....tropic thunder, collateral, eyes wide shut, magnolia, top gun,cocktail, jerry maguire,valkyrie, born on the fourth of july (great film)risky business, mission impossible (I enjoyed the first one) the firm. a few good men. the colour of money. rain man, vanilla sky. the minority report (was ok), . interview with a vampire.the last samarai. knight & day. jack reacher . etc etc

BRAD PITT
fight club.snatch. twelve monkeys. seven. interview with a vampire., oceans 11. troy was rubbish, inglorias bastards class.sleepers class. moneyball good not great the curious life of benjamin button enjoyed that, true romance (he had a tiny cameo in a class movie). the mexican (OK NOT GREAT). kalifornia. meet joe black.
mr & mrs smith was rubbish, . etc etc

tom cruise maybe worship scientology and you may hate him for that but hes done loads of great movies

Niamh. 16-01-2013 08:59 AM

lmao The Truth, I think it's more than just the "feminazis" who think Tom Cruise is a bit off the wall. I thought this before he was ever with Katie Holmes btw :nono:

Marc 16-01-2013 09:04 AM

Tom Cruise is a bit of a joke nowadays, Brad has always played good roles.

Vanessa 16-01-2013 09:31 AM

I love both Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. They've made some of my fave movies ever. I prefer Brad Pitt only because his roles are a bit more varied.

the truth 16-01-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 5764997)
lmao The Truth, I think it's more than just the "feminazis" who think Tom Cruise is a bit off the wall. I thought this before he was ever with Katie Holmes btw :nono:

nah it started with the feminazis, every single feminazi has the exact same opinion on almost everything including opinions on individuals...youll never hear 1 of them give a personal original unque opinion it is all exactly the same scripted opinion.....katie holmes had a nice career boost but she is profoundly boring, kidman where would she have been without marrying cruise? people whove worked with cruise all say hes fantastic human being and generous to a fault....the mans also made several billion for the movie industry and is always very respectful to everyone