ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB11 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=612)
-   -   Speidi tell it how it is to OFCOM (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220433)

flamingGalah! 31-01-2013 03:02 PM

What a silly pair of *******s, when are they flying home... :idc:

Ramsay 31-01-2013 03:03 PM

2 threads in the space of 20 seconds you've complained about Speidi there, think you're on a bit of a roll

Jack_ 31-01-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 5807330)
2 threads in the space of 20 seconds you've complained about Speidi there, think you're on a bit of a roll

Most likely with no actual thought for the topic either.

Like a bull in a china shop, they see red (Speidi's name mentioned) and it's like 'MUST ATTACK, VILE PEOPLE, MUST ATTACK'.

Marcus. 31-01-2013 03:07 PM

i am liking them now

flamingGalah! 31-01-2013 03:11 PM

Sorry I didn't realise I could only contribute to Speidi threads if I gush about loving them & think they are the best thing since oxygen...

Kazanne 31-01-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingGalah! (Post 5807338)
Sorry I didn't realise I could only contribute to Speidi threads if I gush about loving them & think they are the best thing since oxygen...

:joker:flaming,you post what you want,this is a forum not a fan club:hugesmile::xyxwave:

Jack_ 31-01-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingGalah! (Post 5807338)

So you don't agree that villains are needed in most TV shows, as is conflict, and that there's a difference between real life villains and people who are playing the character of a villain in a TV show which they've been paid to be in? And that people need to stop complaining to OFCOM about them or in general as they're hardly Ian Brady and Myra Hindley...just two fake villains the provided hours of entertainment in a reality TV show and that their actions were pretty much put on for the show and not at all real.

sampvt 31-01-2013 03:39 PM

Seems like Speidi lovers are out to cover for their champions once again. I was always taught if you have done nothing wrong, no need to cover. This dipstick Spencer says he dosent condone violence yet he goes round punching people and kicking off all the time. Problem is he also says he is paid to be conflictive on tv, but dosent condone violence. He is as bad in real life as he is on tv and even in mildly scripted shows that he uses the so called script as a cover. I think the person that can get into his innermost thoughts may come out and tell us all he found were fruitcake crumbs. Cant fault his other half because she is just thick as dog poo. Oh btw Karl, am I allowed to post again today or do i need your permission.

Me. I Am Salman 31-01-2013 03:40 PM

so ****ing true

sampvt 31-01-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 5807347)
So you don't agree that villains are needed in most TV shows, as is conflict, and that there's a difference between real life villains and people who are playing the character of a villain in a TV show which they've been paid to be in? And that people need to stop complaining to OFCOM about them or in general as they're hardly Ian Brady and Myra Hindley...just two fake villains the provided hours of entertainment in a reality TV show and that their actions were pretty much put on for the show and not at all real.

Jack, enter the real world, Spencer has you trumpeting his **** and you are getting boring as his defence lawyer. Nobody hears you anymore, as this constant BS you spout about him is undefencible to thise of us that have 20/20 vision and reasonable hearing. Best way you could help them would be to show them how to book a single to la la land.

sampvt 31-01-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salman! (Post 5807379)
so ****ing true

Thanks Salman, youre not often in agreeance with me but you are right this time.

Me. I Am Salman 31-01-2013 03:48 PM

um

Jordan. 31-01-2013 03:52 PM

People still arguing about big brother... Lol.

Marcus. 31-01-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 5807394)

yep jordan

Slevin 31-01-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 5807394)

sure are :joker:

MrWong 31-01-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 5807378)
Seems like Speidi lovers are out to cover for their champions once again. I was always taught if you have done nothing wrong, no need to cover. This dipstick Spencer says he dosent condone violence yet he goes round punching people and kicking off all the time. Problem is he also says he is paid to be conflictive on tv, but dosent condone violence. He is as bad in real life as he is on tv and even in mildly scripted shows that he uses the so called script as a cover. I think the person that can get into his innermost thoughts may come out and tell us all he found were fruitcake crumbs. Cant fault his other half because she is just thick as dog poo. Oh btw Karl, am I allowed to post again today or do i need your permission.

Pulling 'facts' out of your arse doesn't make them true.

Causing conflict on a TV show isn't violence.

As for your first sentence, covering what?

reece(: 31-01-2013 05:20 PM

There's no point trying to sway some as they generally are just here to keep hating Speidi, I'm sure they'd still be people complaining if they saved someone's life.

Mrluvaluva 31-01-2013 05:35 PM

Are they bullying or being bullied? Do they hate the others, or love them? Did they fear for their lives, or take the piss? Are they acting or not? Who knows? Who cares? Fu.ck off.

Indy 31-01-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 5807152)
I guess it begs the question then to those criticising the source - if this is true, do you also agree with their evidently valid and truthful points?

2 different issues, and considering the ownership of the source, of course they'll post whatever they can to slam ofcom without making it look like it's coming directly from them.

The problem is, speidi have no reason to know what ofcom is unless someone spoonfed them exactly what to say. There is no equivalent in the US that they've ever had to deal with - the FCC only addresses broadcast channels. Their show was on a subscription channel, where the FCC rules don't apply. This letter would be the equivalent of some random Brit celeb writing an "open letter" in a US tabloid addressing the issues surrounding the hockey strike. Unless for some reason they were living here for a very long time or some obsessive overseas fan, they'd have absolutely no credibility on the subject.

ofcom complaints were not an issue this series. They didn't watch tv while they were here, unless that's yet another perk of the basement suite that was kept under wraps. What possible reason would they have to address anything to do with ofcom?

As for Spencer tweeting about it...it's publicity. He is a publicity *****. That's hardly a slam, since he'd cheerfully agree if you asked him if he was. There's an article in a paper with his name in it, and it doesn't call him an abuser or psychotic, of COURSE he's going to tweet about it.

Do people complain to them too often in general? Maybe. Does ofcom make a habit of fining shows or shutting them down simply because people complained, but no rules were broken? Obviously not, since BB is still on the air.

MTVN 31-01-2013 06:25 PM

There is a difference between Star Wars/Loony Tunes/Lost & Big Brother; none of the former are real

AnnieK 31-01-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 5807573)
2 different issues, and considering the ownership of the source, of course they'll post whatever they can to slam ofcom without making it look like it's coming directly from them.

The problem is, speidi have no reason to know what ofcom is unless someone spoonfed them exactly what to say. There is no equivalent in the US that they've ever had to deal with - the FCC only addresses broadcast channels. Their show was on a subscription channel, where the FCC rules don't apply. This letter would be the equivalent of some random Brit celeb writing an "open letter" in a US tabloid addressing the issues surrounding the hockey strike. Unless for some reason they were living here for a very long time or some obsessive overseas fan, they'd have absolutely no credibility on the subject.

ofcom complaints were not an issue this series. They didn't watch tv while they were here, unless that's yet another perk of the basement suite that was kept under wraps. What possible reason would they have to address anything to do with ofcom?

As for Spencer tweeting about it...it's publicity. He is a publicity *****. That's hardly a slam, since he'd cheerfully agree if you asked him if he was. There's an article in a paper with his name in it, and it doesn't call him an abuser or psychotic, of COURSE he's going to tweet about it.

Do people complain to them too often in general? Maybe. Does ofcom make a habit of fining shows or shutting them down simply because people complained, but no rules were broken? Obviously not, since BB is still on the air.

Fantastic post.... 100% agree

sampvt 31-01-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWong (Post 5807490)
Pulling 'facts' out of your arse doesn't make them true.

Causing conflict on a TV show isn't violence.

As for your first sentence, covering what?

Pulling facts out of my arse is better than talking out of yours anyday. Keep it clean, dont get nasty, facts in evidence as seen on here loads of times speaks volumes. Have a nice day, :dance::dance::dance:

Kazanne 31-01-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 5807631)
Pulling facts out of my arse is better than talking out of yours anyday. Keep it clean, dont get nasty, facts in evidence as seen on here loads of times speaks volumes. Have a nice day, :dance::dance::dance:

:joker::xyxwave:

sampvt 31-01-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 5807635)
:joker::xyxwave:

I cant wait to see what he retorts for that one, lol.

Kizzy 31-01-2013 06:44 PM

Speidi will say anything to remain in the public eye it's theiir bread and butter.