ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   The Sims 4 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224364)

Matthew. 26-12-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10391516)
I’ve always been a massive Sims fan but never followed the transition from 3 to 4 and just stuck to playing 2 or 3 in my spare time, especially since 4 initially started with a lot
of features reduced that were included in 4.

Is it worth getting 4 or am I right I’m sticking to 2/3?

4 is better than 3 imo

RileyH 26-12-2018 01:31 PM

A scream ever since it's came out I've been meaning to buy it but I never have lmao I might perch

RileyH 26-12-2018 01:31 PM

I LOVED 3

Jordan. 26-12-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10391516)
I’ve always been a massive Sims fan but never followed the transition from 3 to 4 and just stuck to playing 2 or 3 in my spare time, especially since 4 initially started with a lot
of features reduced that were included in 4.

Is it worth getting 4 or am I right I’m sticking to 2/3?

2 will always be the best to me but 4 is good if you're willing to buy all the expansion and stuff packs, the base game by itself is pretty dull.

I just got Get Famous and it's been really fun. All my sims have become fame *****s :worry:

Jordan. 26-12-2018 08:35 PM

One of my sims got pregnant by a global superstar then kicked his wife out and snatched their mansion http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/sign...c100879_10.gif

Headie 26-12-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 10391811)
2 will always be the best to me but 4 is good if you're willing to buy all the expansion and stuff packs, the base game by itself is pretty dull.

I just got Get Famous and it's been really fun. All my sims have become fame *****s :worry:

I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection which EA gave out for free (you can still get it for free even tho it's not on the Origin site anymore - you just send a message on one of those FAQ Help Chat pages and ask for it and they give it to you if you ask nicely) so I usually play that when I go through my periods of playing the sims, it truly is timeless :clap1:

But this Get Famous expansion is partly the reason why I wanna give 4 a go as it looks really good. But I don't wanna buy the game if it's only good with a bunch of expensive expansions packs added on :worry:

Braden 26-12-2018 09:48 PM

I'm currently playing the base game, Hayden. Really enjoying it, but I've always liked Sims 4. The general consensus is that Sims 2/3 Is much better, and it will definitely be a step down after playing Sims 2/3 with all the expansion packs.

Personally, I think Sims 4 has an enjoyable, clean dynamic to it. The multi-tasking makes it far more realistic than any other game. The CAS is the best it's ever been and will be hard to surpass, honestly. I don't know how they could improve it for future editions. The only problem is that there are so many good expansion packs, but they cost a lot of money (hence why I haven't bought any, lmao). Oh, and the neighbourhoods could be a lot bigge, but the good thing about Sims 4 is that you can travel and move between Worlds very easily.

Also, thanks Luke for suggesting Seasons. idk why but atm I'm stuck between City Living and Get Famous.

DouglasS 26-12-2018 10:00 PM

I have Get Together, Get To Work, City Living and Pets expansion packs. I enjoy Get Together the best, probably followed by City Living.

Can't comment on Seasons or Get Famous though as I have neither.

Headie 26-12-2018 10:50 PM

I might get Sims 4 and the Get Famous pack before the Origin sale ends in January then. I've seen on the Origin store they're doing 75% off Sims 4 and 50% off expansion packs til the 11th. I like having physical copies but I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's better to save money this way (unless anyones had major problems with digital copies before?). My Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is a digital copy though so should be fine.

Thanks for the responses y'all <3

Headie 27-12-2018 12:35 AM

From doing a quick bit of research online, it seems the only real expansion packs worth getting are Get To Work and Get Famous?

Seeing as I can get the base game and an expansion pack for £25 in this Origin sale, which one would you recommended is better for me to start with? Would get both but don't want to fork out £40+ considering I might not even enjoy the game yet.

Famous sounds more exciting to me but I understand you can't play with your sim as an actor/actress if you don't have Get To Work? Which seems like a big chunk of the pack, no?

Jordan. 27-12-2018 12:46 AM

Get To Work is probably a more essential pack but Get Famous is more fun & you don't need to be in a good career to get famous either like I had one sim get famous just from playing guitar and performing comedy at a bar regularly. There's other ways too like becoming a vlogger or posting on social media a lot.

Eddie. 27-12-2018 02:51 AM

The Sims 2 and 3 are way superior and ****s all over 4.

Last time I played TS4 was a few months ago while I just played 3 yesterday...

Headie 27-12-2018 10:12 PM

Just bought 4 and Get Famous, I forgot how long these games take to install :skull:

If I enjoy the game enough I'll buy Get To Work before the sale ends on the 11th.

Barry. 27-12-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10392601)
Just bought 4 and Get Famous, I forgot how long these games take to install :skull:

If I enjoy the game enough I'll buy Get To Work before the sale ends on the 11th.

I need Pets and Get Famous how much are they?

Headie 27-12-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 10392605)
I need Pets and Get Famous how much are they?

All the expansion packs are £17 atm and the base game is £8

Barry. 27-12-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10392610)
All the expansion packs are £17 atm and the base game is £8

Oh great deals. Might get the Famous expansion.

LukeB 23-02-2019 10:39 PM

Jessica. 12-04-2021 10:59 AM

I've been playing The Sims 4 for a couple of months now, with all of the expasion packs, I love it, I had never played any of the Sims games before this one though. I am doing a 100 baby challenge, I have like 33 kids to one mother so far.