ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   Do you think alot of people ( public ) like Dexter? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228677)

BigBuk 02-07-2013 03:44 AM

Do you think alot of people ( public ) like Dexter?

I can tell that alot of people on forums and twitter are starting to like Dexter but do you think the majority of other people like him? Im just curious because I really want him to do well and escape eviction this week.

JTM45 02-07-2013 03:53 AM

I think the like is growing rapidly!
It's happened like this before. Even if the public aren't that keen on a housemate to start with when they see them being treated so badly by so many of the other housemates their popularity rockets.
If Dexter was being as much of a prick as they all claim he is you can guarantee that we'd be seeing it on the highlights shows and we clearly aren't seeing it. I hate to use that word but if it carries on people will start using the 'bullying' word soon.

Kate! 02-07-2013 04:43 AM

I find him a fascinating character and want him to stay in for the duration. I don't like his character, his morals are skewed, he's arrogant, he screws people literally and figuratively for a living. He's incredibly self focused, don't want to go as far as saying obsessed, but its all about him and the hedonistic lifestyle. He's very very honest and doesn't sugarcoat himself and try to pretend to be anything else though. He is completely comfortable in his own skin, and has played a brilliant game so far.

There's no delusions with Dexter, what you see is exactly what you get. His VT is, refreshingly, bang on the money, rather than embellished to help him get in the house.

BigBrotherfan4ever 02-07-2013 06:05 AM

None of my family like him, they don't use forums our twitter.

Cherie 02-07-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Kate* (Post 6126944)
I find him a fascinating character and want him to stay in for the duration. I don't like his character, his morals are skewed, he's arrogant, he screws people literally and figuratively for a living. He's incredibly self focused, don't want to go as far as saying obsessed, but its all about him and the hedonistic lifestyle. He's very very honest and doesn't sugarcoat himself and try to pretend to be anything else though. He is completely comfortable in his own skin, and has played a brilliant game so far.

There's no delusions with Dexter, what you see is exactly what you get. His VT is, refreshingly, bang on the money, rather than embellished to help him get in the house.

I completely disagree with this,:devil: I think he is a very difficult one to figure out, he is a deep thinker and I like the way he is playing the game. He is perfect for the secrets and lies theme.

Sarah85 02-07-2013 07:24 AM

I like him but couldn't live with him as a viewer I think he is good for tv but wouldn't want him as a friend keep him on for a bit to keep it stiring

Dor Hulse 02-07-2013 07:26 AM

I feel for Dexter and hope he is saved again , Wolfy out please.

Marcus. 02-07-2013 07:42 AM

yes i think we do
he is mixing it up in the house

Kazanne 02-07-2013 07:44 AM

Not sure if people like him,but they will rally round someone they see is being isolated from the pack,so on that basis Dexter will do well.

Marcus. 02-07-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 6127065)
Not sure if people like him,but they will rally round someone they see is being isolated from the pack,so on that basis Dexter will do well.

people loves a under dog

joeysteele 02-07-2013 08:21 AM

Not a lot of people likely like him, after all he was the other housemate put through by the public in the eviction last friday after the freezing of the lines and he would have been up every week anyway had the public been nominating each week.

I do though think his fans,of which I am one, will vote heavily to get another housemate out over him,I did last week for Jemima and save Dexter.

This week though,it will be hard as Dan is my favourite and if he is up against Dan I will have to do what I can to help Dan but I think it really bad that either of those 2 are up anyway.

Patricia4 02-07-2013 08:23 AM

I like Dexter Im hoping Dan will go.

karezza 02-07-2013 08:24 AM

He is popular on all the forums - he is even popular on the Daily Mail website.

:hugesmile:

joeysteele 02-07-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karezza (Post 6127103)
He is popular on all the forums - he is even popular on the Daily Mail website.

:hugesmile:

That is true, however whenever the public are asked who would they put up for eviction.
For the whole of the 3 weeks of this series, he has been the only housemate to be voted to be put up by the public each time.

Of course on the other side, he has also been saved twice by the public too.

Sophiee 02-07-2013 09:49 AM

I think he's definitely gained a lot of popularity since the start and I just think he'll stay because he hasn't done as much that would be considered as 'controversial' to annoy people like wolfy and dan. but I still feel like dexter's whole story won't help him and some will always take it into consideration rather than just judging on what he's like in the house.

Marcus. 02-07-2013 09:50 AM

well he been save time so far so 3rd time the charm

Vanessa 02-07-2013 09:52 AM

He's getting unfairly treated. It's helping his popularity .

darkminxi 02-07-2013 10:43 AM

I don't particularly like him, but I hate the way the whoole house seems to gang up on him and use him as an easy target to nominate. I hope he lasts right till the end, not win tho.

Vanessa 02-07-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkminxi (Post 6127428)
I don't particularly like him, but I hate the way the whoole house seems to gang up on him and use him as an easy target to nominate. I hope he lasts right till the end, not win tho.

Yes, that's the reason the public is siding with him.

Im_Juz_ChiLLin 02-07-2013 10:47 AM

King Dexter Is The Peoples's Champion !!!

Vanessa 02-07-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im_Juz_ChiLLin (Post 6127445)
King Dexter Is The Peoples's Champion !!!

It's a bit like what happened with Deana. But back then there was vote to save.

smeagol 02-07-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Kate* (Post 6126944)

good post

alex_front2 02-07-2013 10:56 AM

I really like Dexter (after Gina) he's extremely watchable and more entertaining than most of the HMs.

He's an intriguing flawed character, an anti-hero. OK so he's a fantasist and a cronic bullsh*ter but ultimately NEVER dull and 2 mins of Dexter BS than 2 weeks of Hazel or Daley.

He will have one of the best bits and is a major talking point both in and out of the house The HMs gossip about him as much as we do! He's a mixture of BB10 Freddie and Sree, BB12 Aaron and BB6 Science

If Gina or he's evicted do we really need to watch weeks on end until the twins or Sam win?

Vanessa 02-07-2013 11:13 AM

Dexter is the underdog. Housemates hate him, but he has the public support. If we had vote to save he'd walk this series. With vote to evict it will be harder to keep him in. But i'll never give up.

darkminxi 02-07-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 6127436)
Yes, that's the reason the public is siding with him.

Yes, and I'm glad they are, I really hope he's saved this week, just to show the other housemates that ganging up on others like that is not acceptable.