ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   Will this weeks evictee be handed part of the prize fund? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231774)

jet 25-07-2013 04:18 PM

Will this weeks evictee be handed part of the prize fund?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was another of the twists. This weeks evictee will be out by unfair means and a nice £25,000 or so would help to console them. You never know...:hugesmile:

Withano 25-07-2013 04:19 PM

Na

Kate! 25-07-2013 04:28 PM

I mentioned this recently, they could get given a task to win part of the prize fund.

DanielLuis 25-07-2013 04:31 PM

I hope not. For god's sake let the winner have the freaking 100000£.

CaudleHalbard 25-07-2013 04:45 PM

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if whoever is evicted from the safe house gets some kind of compensation.

jet 25-07-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard (Post 6210697)
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if whoever is evicted from the safe house gets some kind of compensation.

I agree. After all, people give up their time and often their jobs to go into the BB house and they should expect to be given the same chance as the other HM's to reach the final. If it was me that was robbed like that I would kick up a right stink about it. :mad:

smeagol 25-07-2013 04:58 PM

nah you need to threaten someone with a elpilator to get half of the cash lol

my money is on callum

Ramsay 25-07-2013 05:00 PM

**** that
no way, why should they? it was a part of the game that they went up
only the winner should get the money and thats that

CaudleHalbard 25-07-2013 05:07 PM

Don't forget that Dan was asked in the diary room whether he would take part of the prize money if there was an opportunity: he answered in the affirmative.

Lex 25-07-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard (Post 6210748)
Don't forget that Dan was asked in the diary room whether he would take part of the prize money if there was an opportunity: he answered in the affirmative.

I was going to mention that!...but it would be scandalous if Emma's favourite were to get an un-earned bonus! :nono:

pcro 25-07-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard (Post 6210748)

That was a question devided by Sam and Sophie.

CaudleHalbard 25-07-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcro (Post 6210760)
That was a question devided by Sam and Sophie.

I know. I was referring to Dan's answer.

Spoon 25-07-2013 05:16 PM

Nope, we'd know by now. Plus, they would get it if they were giving something up/making a deal, but this is just an eviction.

CaudleHalbard 25-07-2013 05:18 PM

The public has no say in how BB hands out the prize money.

joeysteele 25-07-2013 05:22 PM

I don't agree with splitting the prize fund but have Channel 5 ever not done that yet in all the series on it.
BB12 had a split between all the finalists.
Last year we had the Conor and Luke S farce.

I personally hate the splitting of the prize fund but if they were going to do it this series then this is the fairest time to do so for whoever of these 3 do get evicted.

They were not the public's choice to be up this week, they were not the housemates choice,not one housemate cast a vote knowingly for putting anyone up for eviction.
This is a total BB nominated eviction no one elses so I wouldn't, I think, complain if there was a further twist as to the prize fund by way of some compensation.

I doubt it though after having said all that.

jet 25-07-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 6210733)
**** that
no way, why should they? it was a part of the game that they went up
only the winner should get the money and thats that

Under normal circumstances I agree that only the winner should get the money. But that winner should be chosen by their fellow HM's by not getting enough noms and/or by the public saving them week by week.
Is someone is evicted without being nominated when they have done nothing wrong, then surely you can see that they have had their chance taken away not by their fellow HM's, but by BB?
The HM's start on a level playing field and they should all have exactly the same chance as each other to win.
But like Joey said, I don't expect it to happen really.

joeysteele 25-07-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 6210804)
Under normal circumstances I agree that only the winner should get the money. But that winner should be chosen by their fellow HM's by not getting enough noms and/or by the public saving them week by week.
Is someone is evicted without being nominated when they have done nothing wrong, then surely you can see that they have had their chance taken away not by their fellow HM's, but by BB?
The HM's start on a level playing field and they should all have exactly the same chance as each other to win.
But like Joey said, I don't expect it to happen really.

You are totally correct in all you said there though, this is not in any way a usual eviction it is a BB only 'engineered' eviction,one that no one voted for at all.

jet 25-07-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 6211122)
You are totally correct in all you said there though, this is not in any way a usual eviction it is a BB only 'engineered' eviction,one that no one voted for at all.

I'm surprised that the public on twitter etc didn't kick up a fuss about this - or maybe they did and I missed it. It's totally unethical and unfair and I know you agree Joey. I wonder how Emma will feel about interviewing the evictee - it will be hard for her I think but she'll probably have to toe the line and defend BB.

Is there a precedent for this? Has a HM ever been evicted before without being nominated by the HM when they have done nothing wrong? I can't recall anything of the kind happening before.

Marc 25-07-2013 07:08 PM

I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed

jyunga 25-07-2013 07:19 PM

No they shouldn't get dick all.

Everyone had a chance to get tossed into the safehouse. The house gave the oppertunity to Sam and Sophie and they took it rather then passing it to someone else.

This really isn't any different then people breaking the rules, getting tossed up for eviction and going.

Regardless of who goes tonight, there are two other people the public wanted in the house more then them. Therefore, no reason they would get money as they wouldn't have won money over the other two anyways.

actor99 25-07-2013 07:34 PM

Even though Gina will win looks like . it doesn't seem fair for her to get all the money. I would like Callum to get half for the way he's treated on websites and BB. AND bbbbots

CaudleHalbard 25-07-2013 07:47 PM

I've always felt all the finalists should get a little something. :)

joeysteele 25-07-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyunga (Post 6211202)
No they shouldn't get dick all.

Everyone had a chance to get tossed into the safehouse. The house gave the oppertunity to Sam and Sophie and they took it rather then passing it to someone else.

This really isn't any different then people breaking the rules, getting tossed up for eviction and going.

Regardless of who goes tonight, there are two other people the public wanted in the house more then them. Therefore, no reason they would get money as they wouldn't have won money over the other two anyways.

Except no one up this week has broken any rules or even talked about noms so it is massively different from anything before,nor is any housemate even in on this twist.

Kate! 25-07-2013 08:08 PM

Really great posts from Jet and Joey in this thread, I feel the same. Not to say just hand it to them on a plate, but rather let them do a task/game with the opportunity to win a share of the prize.

alex_front2 25-07-2013 08:37 PM

If Dan goes they wi ll give him an ex-copper compensation prize.