ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   Channel 4's comeback (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232654)

ahopkins 31-07-2013 12:28 PM

Channel 4's comeback

For completely failing in ratings this show will surely give them a much needed boost! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...cumentary.html

Gusto Brunt 31-07-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahopkins (Post 6233080)
For completely failing in ratings this show will surely give them a much needed boost! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...cumentary.html

Yeah it sounds like a sh** programme.

CaudleHalbard 31-07-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 6233095)
Yeah it sounds like a sh** programme.

:D

Niamh. 31-07-2013 12:36 PM

How long before that one gets flushed?

Gusto Brunt 31-07-2013 12:38 PM

I bet a lot of people will take the p*** out of this programme. No doubt. :D

Samm 31-07-2013 01:13 PM

:joker:

ahopkins 31-07-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 6233108)
I bet a lot of people will take the p*** out of this programme. No doubt. :D

Yeah, even the headline is taking the p*** out of the show :joker:

cheeky_monkey 31-07-2013 01:24 PM

I won't be watching it as it doesn't sound that entertaining to me.

There use to be so many shows on Channel 4 that I use to watch. But now I don't watch much on their channel! :(

*mazedsalv** 31-07-2013 01:25 PM

I bet the opening episode will get high ratings just for the sheer fact on the "WTF is going on, this is so bad, it's hilarious"... just like Splash on ITV.

Gstar 31-07-2013 01:37 PM

I'm gonna give it a chance

ahopkins 31-07-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey (Post 6233238)
I won't be watching it as it doesn't sound that entertaining to me.

There use to be so many shows on Channel 4 that I use to watch. But now I don't watch much on their channel! :(

Absolutely! The Ashes, Big Brother, Coach Trip, Celebrity Big Brother, Friends, Lost, Richard and Judy (is that still around???) i'm sure there's a lot of other stuff.

cheeky_monkey 31-07-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahopkins (Post 6233331)
Absolutely! The Ashes, Big Brother, Coach Trip, Celebrity Big Brother, Friends, Lost, Richard and Judy (is that still around???) i'm sure there's a lot of other stuff.

I use to love watching BB and CBB on C4. I still love watching the 2 shows on C5, but wish they was on C4! But I thank C5 for saving the 2 shows. :)

C4 aren't making anymore series of Coach Trip and Celebrity Coach Trip at the moment. They made a new series of Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour which some people have said they prefer Coach Trip.

I think Friends have moved to some other channel but not sure which channel?

The Ashes and Lost I never watched!

Richard and Judy show won't ever be back!

Shows that I use to watch on C4 was:

Brookside, Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, Friends, Wife Swap, Celebrity Wife Swap, How Clean Is Your House, Paul O'Grady Show, Coach Trip, Celebrity Coach Trip and Celebrity Five Go To!

Its great if some people like the shows on C4! But theres nothing apart from The Simpsons that I watch on their channel. Nothing much on their channel that I find interesting! :)

ahopkins 31-07-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey (Post 6233462)
I use to love watching BB and CBB on C4. I still love watching the 2 shows on C5, but wish they was on C4! But I thank C5 for saving the 2 shows. :)

C4 aren't making anymore series of Coach Trip and Celebrity Coach Trip at the moment. They made a new series of Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour which some people have said they prefer Coach Trip.

I think Friends have moved to some other channel but not sure which channel?

The Ashes and Lost I never watched!

Richard and Judy show won't ever be back!

Shows that I use to watch on C4 was:

Brookside, Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, Friends, Wife Swap, Celebrity Wife Swap, How Clean Is Your House, Paul O'Grady Show, Coach Trip, Celebrity Coach Trip and Celebrity Five Go To!

Its great if some people like the shows on C4! But theres nothing apart from The Simpsons that I watch on their channel. Nothing much on their channel that I find interesting! :)

Ah, yes! I forgot about Wife Swap. That's a great show! I think it's on DMAX now. I watch The Simpsons only as well, btw the Friends series has finished

Gusto Brunt 31-07-2013 03:29 PM

Channel 4 is loo-sing the plot. This show will go right down the pan.

A bog standard idea. Just like that other programme about dwarfs performing in a Christmas panto. That had its short-comings too.

bbfan1991 31-07-2013 03:32 PM

Crawley nightclub toilets get their own Channel 4 documentary...

Quote:

Crawley nightclub JJ Whispers are letting Channel 4 cameras into the toilets to film a new documentary about what happens in the loos on an ordinary evening in a British club.

Firecracker Films are producing the one-off show for Channel 4, which is hoping to replicate the success of recent documentary hit The Fried Chicken Shop.

http://i2.cdnds.net/13/29/618x415/channel-4-pic.jpg

Producer Laura Smith told local Crawley press: "A lot goes on in nightclub toilets and this documentary will answer the questions bugging both sexes.

"Apart from the usual gossiping, I've broken up with a boyfriend in a club toilet before, consoled people and seen people get thrown out.

"When it comes to the men, I hear they never talk to each other and don't even stop to wash their hands.

"Take away the craziness of the scenario and we are sure to get some really nice moments and capture a lot of relationships."

Customers will not be filmed without their permission, and nobody will be shown using the toilets.

Riveting:shrug:.

arista 31-07-2013 03:49 PM

Scott needs to Visit Them
with a Tibb T shirt

Ramsay 31-07-2013 04:37 PM

bah, they should of come to sligo..when you go to the toilets in pure you find like 20 used condoms and one time an uneaten kebab

cheeky_monkey 01-08-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahopkins (Post 6233558)
Ah, yes! I forgot about Wife Swap. That's a great show! I think it's on DMAX now. I watch The Simpsons only as well, btw the Friends series has finished

Awwww I don't have that channel! I think they use to show it on a channel called ''Really''? :)

Be great if C4 or E4 could show repeats of old series of BB and CBB from the first series to the last series on C4! :D

Do you have a channel called Comedy Central? They show Friends on their channel but its repeats!

Love watching The Simpsons! :D

C4 should make shows like they use to! It would be great if they showed Secret Story or Glass House! :D

Reading about Secret Story here sounds interesting! :D http://www.endemol.com/programme/secret-story

jackc1806 01-08-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey (Post 6236108)
Awwww I don't have that channel! I think they use to show it on a channel called ''Really''? :)

Be great if C4 or E4 could show repeats of old series of BB and CBB from the first series to the last series on C4! :D

Do you have a channel caled Comedy Central? They show Friends on their channel but its repeats!

Love watching The Simpsons! :D

C4 should make shows like they use to! It would be great if they showed Secret Story or Glass House! :D

Reading about Secret Story here sounds interesting! :D http://www.endemol.com/programme/secret-story

They'll never do BB repeats

jackc1806 01-08-2013 11:18 AM

Channel 4 needs to sort out its comedy output, there is very little at the moment.

cheeky_monkey 01-08-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackc1806 (Post 6236117)
They'll never do BB repeats

I wish they would show repeats! :D I don't think they will either. :(

I think if Secret Story or Glass House or The Golden Cage was on C4 it would give them a lot of ratings! :)

mkbb 01-08-2013 12:37 PM

I think they need to bring in a show similar to BB. I think secret story or reviving survivor would be good ideas.

DanielLuis 01-08-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey (Post 6236239)
I wish they would show repeats! :D I don't think they will either. :(

I think if Secret Story or Glass House or The Golden Cage was on C4 it would give them a lot of ratings! :)

TVI, the portuguese broadcaster of Big Brother, started Secret Story 7 years after Big Brother ended, and it's basically as much of a success, even better, than Big Brother, ratings wise.
Secret Story is actually a much stronger format than Big brother. It's not like that Big Brother of Australia with the secrets theme at all, as many people think.

cheeky_monkey 01-08-2013 01:25 PM

If anyone wants to watch Glass House heres the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_E...faQrKcA/videos :)

cheeky_monkey 01-08-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielLuis (Post 6236469)
TVI, the portuguese broadcaster of Big Brother, started Secret Story 7 years after Big Brother ended, and it's basically as much of a success, even better, than Big Brother, ratings wise.
Secret Story is actually a much stronger format than Big brother. It's not like that Big Brother of Australia with the secrets theme at all, as many people think.

I've never seen Secret Story but it does sound interesting and if C4 was my channel I would show reality show Secret Story. :D

I can't believe C4 haven't even thought about showing the reality show :o as it would give them a lot of ratings! :)

It would be great if C5 showed BB and CBB and C4 showed Secret Story but at different times so people can watch all 3 shows! But even better if BB, CBB and Secret Story was on C4 and the Glass House and The Golden Cage was on C5! :D