ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   Prize Fund twist idea! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234469)

LikeABoatOnWater 13-08-2013 01:10 AM

Prize Fund twist idea!

So ive always hated every prize fund twist. so i asked myself, what is a prize fund twist you would like, and this is my answer.

On friday night at the end of the live show Emma announces a prize fund twist.
later that night, every housemate is called to the diary room one by one and is given a envelope and asked to put a card saying 'share' or a card saying 'steal' in the envelope.
bb explains to them that on the finale if they win and chose steal then they will take all the 100k home but if they choose split then the 100k will be split equally between them and the rest of the finalists that chose split.
the housemates are then told that they must not reveal there answer to anyone and if they do they will win nothing whether the win the show or not, this is to make sure it is a big suprise to everyone on the final night.
On the finale as each housemate is evicted their choice of split or steal is revealed to the public in their interview.

What do you think?

Sandz38 13-08-2013 01:13 AM

I like it :)

alex_front2 13-08-2013 01:14 AM

No.

They will only do a twist if Gina or Dexter look likely to win.

LikeABoatOnWater 13-08-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandz38 (Post 6280007)
I like it :)

aww thanks babes.
I think it will be the ultimate test of peoples characters, just because we pretty much know what each housemate would choose and if they were to choose differently it would leave some big question marks
Like if dexter choose split then we would all know that he was just a nice guy all along and the house really did change him
but if sam was to choose steal then we would wonder if he was playing the game all along.
It would be funny if Sam wins and everyone before him had chosen split and then he is revealed to have chosen steal, haha everyone would be pissed on BOTS.

fingers 13-08-2013 01:16 AM

Not a bad idea.

Withano 13-08-2013 01:27 AM

What the **** would be the point in us voting a winner?

LikeABoatOnWater 13-08-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 6280034)
What the **** would be the point in us voting a winner?

I always found the title of BB winner to be more important than the money.
I have never voted for a winner because they could do with the money, infact money has never even been a small factor.

Withano 13-08-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeABoatOnWater (Post 6280040)
I always found the title of BB winner to be more important than the money.
I have never voted for a winner because they could do with the money, infact money has never even been a small factor.

Fair enough. Though I don't think many other people would vote if the prize was the title of Big Brother but now I understand your twist. I wouldn't like it to happen.

ozzyshaggah 13-08-2013 01:52 AM

no - dumb idea
every one would say steal
why wouldnt they

the_answers 13-08-2013 01:58 AM

Possibly !

But knowing they're ALL sharing when the winner is announced (if say the last 2 are sharing) would feel bit of a let down ?

How about this...

On finals night EVERY housemate has the choice of taking a slice (or slices) of the money.

There's a big button in the house that each of them can press (many times if they like !) for a POTENTIAL share of the £100K (remaining total displayed on a big plasma screen)

If they press it, it MIGHT give them a wadful.
And they can choose to keep pressing it if they like !

But if they get evicted BEFORE taking a share they they get zilch ! :(

But if they DO press, then
- the £100,000 will go down (or it might not !)
- they will lose their chance to be crowned "winner" (and bag the whole lot)

As housemates each "take a share" it's gonna cause arguments and uproar.

If the WINNER (i.e last out) takes some money before they leave then the last person out who took nothing will bag the remaining prize fund ! :)

the_answers 13-08-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzyshaggah (Post 6280063)
no - dumb idea
every one would say steal
why wouldnt they

Good question.

They might think they've got more chance of winning (i.e. a sharing a little than leaving and getting nowt) if the public can see they're willing to share ?

Those who think they could win could be thinking "Oh sh1t if I don't share I might come across as selfish and not win anyway."

There's definitely something in it.
But the public need to KNOW their choices in advance (and the HM's need to know this is true too).
Otherwise you'd be right, they'd probably all just "steal" !

Johnnyuk123 13-08-2013 06:30 AM

Emma should get the prize money up on screen with the winner stood right next to her then tell them they have won £100.000 in Zambian Kwacha. The value in sterling is... £11.85

billy123 13-08-2013 06:35 AM

No just dont piss about with the prize money because its stupid thats almost a twist itself these days with all the dumb stunts they have pulled in recent years.

Jamie. 13-08-2013 07:54 AM

If Big Brother really wanted to **** with the housemates, if 1 housemate 'stole', they get all the money, as you said, but £5,000 was taken from the money for each person to 'steal'

Jamie. 13-08-2013 07:56 AM

or, there was no actual way to steal or split the money, and BB told the housemates who did what just to stir things up. Something like that would be interesting for Secrets and Lies.

rusticgal 13-08-2013 08:50 AM

I wonder if they have something in store regarding the prize fund....bwcause why aren't the phonelines open??

Cherie 13-08-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 6280415)
I wonder if they have something in store regarding the prize fund....bwcause why aren't the phonelines open??

I wondered that as well.

LikeABoatOnWater 13-08-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 6280415)

Aren't they cancelling the nominations and just putting everyone up because of the cheating.

reece(: 13-08-2013 12:16 PM

But then 1st place would mean sweet **** all.

Gillian-73 13-08-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeABoatOnWater (Post 6280883)
Aren't they cancelling the nominations and just putting everyone up because of the cheating.

That's just speculation at the moment.

Tregard 13-08-2013 01:40 PM

Why would I vote to split if I win? Then I'm just giving away 80k. I want everyone else to split except me, but everyone thinks that, so everyone steals.

LikeABoatOnWater 13-08-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tregard (Post 6281066)
Why would I vote to split if I win?

because if you dont win and you chose split then you will win a split of the money if the person who won chose split.

the_answers 13-08-2013 02:23 PM

Ah makes sense now ! :)

A good idea.