ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   The Marcus Bentley disaproval thread. Post his most cringey comments here... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235187)

daniel-lewis-1985 17-08-2013 07:52 AM

The Marcus Bentley disaproval thread. Post his most cringey comments here...

...Or scream them at the top of your voice to imitate him.

Football task: "And they're off!!" then went on to spout out embarrassing mumbo jumbo for 2 minutes ....Atrocious.

"Rocked the house"

"Jack and Joe are going round and round in the pool" (WTF?!?!)

"Dan is working up a sweat"

"The housemates are busting some shapes"

LemonPen 17-08-2013 07:54 AM

xD he's obviously just having a laugh, I don't mind it lol

Jamie. 17-08-2013 10:04 AM

He works by a script, there is nothing saying the producers don't write it. Marcus is the last good thing since they moved the show

armand.kay 17-08-2013 10:09 AM

The football one made me wanna switch off.

billy123 17-08-2013 10:11 AM

I dont disaprove he is the voice of big brother you should be glad he stuck with it the show could well have failed completely for Chav 5 if he hadnt agreed to carry on you should be thankful not starting bitchfests about him.

T* 17-08-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobnot (Post 6297662)
I dont disaprove he is the voice of big brother you should be glad he stuck with it the show could well have failed completely for Chav 5 if he hadnt agreed to carry on you should be thankful not starting bitchfests about him.

LMAO, He's awful now. That's why we're having a discussion of why he's gone down hill, or in your words "Bitchfest".

MTVN 17-08-2013 10:18 AM

He was terrible during that wrestling task, "Hazel's gone for the Big Brother power slam!!!" or whatever he said

daniel-lewis-1985 17-08-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobnot (Post 6297662)

Don't tell me what to do lol.

I am not thankful he is still there he has become an absolute joke and wether its the script writers fault I don't give a **** he is no longer an asset to the show.

If anything he ruins the highlight shows for me sometimes, the wrestling and football tasks were unbearable.

A few years back I would have said BB needed Marcus but I would much rather Emma narrate it as you just know she would have a more serious tone, just like Davina used to on the Friday nights highlight shows.

Marcus has blocked a number of members on here on Twitter for just giving an opinion or has given very immature responses.

My block was deserved I admit because I was rude but the others didn't deserve it.

Im sick of him introducing Emma, Im sick of him telling the housemates they have been evicted, im sick of him doing the countdown and finally im sick to death of his tacky over involvement with the narration.

Point made.

Gusto Brunt 17-08-2013 11:59 AM

Does he write it though? Maybe he just spouts this crap, reads it from a script, but isn't guilty as its author. ;)

daniel-lewis-1985 17-08-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 6298024)
Does he write it though? Maybe he just spouts this crap, reads it from a script, but isn't guilty as its author. ;)

I think he has some input but he doesn't write it....Just murders it.

Cherie 17-08-2013 01:25 PM

I would imagine he is given a script, end of the day :D: he is just doing his job.

pcro 17-08-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6297427)
...Or scream them at the top of your voice to imitate him.

Football task: "And they're off!!" then went on to spout out embarrassing mumbo jumbo for 2 minutes ....Atrocious.

"Rocked the house"

"Jack and Joe are going round and round in the pool" (WTF?!?!)

"Dan is working up a sweat"

"The housemates are busting some shapes"

You do realize that he doesn't go into a recording booth and just make this stuff up right?

Razor 17-08-2013 04:03 PM

I like Marcus but I wish he would tone it down a bit, I swear the production team for Channel 5 are making him over exaggerate his accent which can get annoying. Please, please, please Marcus go back to how you were when the show was on Channel 4.

daniel-lewis-1985 17-08-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcro (Post 6298525)
You do realize that he doesn't go into a recording booth and just make this stuff up right?

If you actually read through the thread you would see I know he is scripted.

emmetmcl 17-08-2013 04:57 PM

I really like Marcus. He's one of the only remaining things we have from good Big Brother.

I will admit I would prefer it if he was allowed to do the voiceover like he used to on C4, and the football task in particular was quite cringey.

But if it was between Marcus as he is now and someone else, it would be Marcus everytime! :D

Rob! 17-08-2013 07:33 PM

Even if he doesn't write it (which I think he does, or at least some of it) he's defended his new style to the death.

Gusto Brunt 17-08-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6298201)
I think he has some input but he doesn't write it....Just murders it.

Then the person who writes it should be fired too. :D

I can't imagine BB without Marcus though. He's certainly calmed down from when when he first appeared on Channel 5.

He was REALLY awful then. Anyone remember it? Dreadful.

Daffodil 17-08-2013 07:43 PM

I love his commentary! Certain comments he made when Callum was massaging made me laugh out loud. Love him. He is the master of irony!

zenon 17-08-2013 08:00 PM

I think Marcus should have quit when Channel 4 ended it, would have made it more refreshing having someone else for Channel 5.

daniel-lewis-1985 17-08-2013 08:06 PM

Sometimes its honestly like watching a sketch that's mocking Big Brother.

Like something that would have appeared as a joke on The Friday Night Project back in the day with Alan Carr dressed up as a housemate but then you realise its actually happening.

Drew. 17-08-2013 08:09 PM

he was embarrassing when they were playing football but apart from that i dont really pay much attention to him

Pincho Paxton 17-08-2013 08:12 PM

Nobody can do the voice over better than Marcus.

Rob! 17-08-2013 08:37 PM

I can just about bare with the cheesy comments like working up a sweat (although I often end up rolling my eyes :P ) but when he goes into full on sports commentary mode I just cringe. Essentially it's become a bit of a parody. Having said that, Big Brother wouldn't be the same without him and I love that he basically stuck his finger up to channel 4 when they axed it and jumped ship without a second thought purely for the love of the show.

blue 17-08-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6297733)
Don't tell me what to do lol.

I am not thankful he is still there he has become an absolute joke and wether its the script writers fault I don't give a **** he is no longer an asset to the show.

If anything he ruins the highlight shows for me sometimes, the wrestling and football tasks were unbearable.

A few years back I would have said BB needed Marcus but I would much rather Emma narrate it as you just know she would have a more serious tone, just like Davina used to on the Friday nights highlight shows.

Marcus has blocked a number of members on here on Twitter for just giving an opinion or has given very immature responses.

My block was deserved I admit because I was rude but the others didn't deserve it.

Im sick of him introducing Emma, Im sick of him telling the housemates they have been evicted, im sick of him doing the countdown and finally im sick to death of his tacky over involvement with the narration.

Point made.

are you bitter bcos he blocked you on twitter?

Tulin 18-08-2013 12:01 AM

If you want to hear a good narration, listen to any Australian show with Mike Goldman. Mike is understated and articulates perfectly.

This Marcus dickhead seriously sounds odd to me. I swear, I thought he was Jamaican;

"DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 37"

His accent is almost unbearable.