ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB12 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=624)
-   -   Abz "I've got Aspergers" really? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236402)

kistar 26-08-2013 09:49 PM

Abz "I've got Aspergers" really?

My father has Aspergers and although I'm certain there are many degrees of it Abz must have .00003 of a degree of it. Does anyone else have experience of this condition?

Vicky. 26-08-2013 09:51 PM

My best mate at school had mild aspergers. She was just a bit..strange :/

Like, she would randomly sit in puddles when we were out if she fancied it, and once jumped off durham bridge to 'swim with the ducks'

She wasn't too good in social situations though, she would be extremely quiet in groups, but was fine one to one, or in a group of people she knew well.

Vanessa 26-08-2013 09:52 PM

I didn't know he had aspergers. Poor guy. :(

kistar 26-08-2013 09:56 PM

Finding social situations difficult is the obvious one , I can't believe he would want fame or even be in a band if he had this condition.Also he would say exactly what he thought Aspergers sufferers have no filter as far as thoughts and saying it is concerned, so I am sceptical tbh.
Maybe if he sits in a puddle I might be convinced!

Redway 26-08-2013 09:56 PM

I know someone with Asperger's and I remember a while back when he was completely withdrawn from social situations and never seemed to be able to detect sarcasm/banter from being genuine...

He's still a bit like that but has gradually learned to deal with it over the years.

reece(: 26-08-2013 09:56 PM

Waiting for the generic *he's playing the Aspergers card for votes*.

Vanessa 26-08-2013 09:57 PM

He does seem to struggle a bit in there.At least now we know why.

Videostar 26-08-2013 09:58 PM

Has he ever mentioned this before?

It's a funny old show to go on if he has that condition.

Josiah. 26-08-2013 09:59 PM

I have Aspergers syndrome. I really do; I was diagnosed in '09.

Videostar 26-08-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 6335259)
Waiting for the generic *he's playing the Aspergers card for votes*.

It wont do him any harm in him trying to win tho...GBP love a sob story...as we found out again on Monday.

Vanessa 26-08-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videostar (Post 6335264)
Has he ever mentioned this before?

It's a funny old show to go on if he has that condition.

No idea, but it explains a lot. Remember he went straight to the tree house on the fist night?:suspect:

Vicky. 26-08-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 6335256)
I know someone with Asperger's and I remember a while back when he was completely withdrawn from social situations and never seemed to be able to detect sarcasm/banter from being genuine...

He's still a bit like that but has gradually learned to deal with it over the years.

OMG yes this is a main one

When we were last year at junior school..our teacher was saying something, and said to my mate 'oh the penny has dropped'

And she started looking on the floor for a penny...

No concept of sarcasm or anything. She used to get quite upset if we were sarcastic to each other (never did it to her as she took it as insults)

kistar 26-08-2013 10:04 PM

Get this when I was 14 my Father told me I was never going to beautiful so best I make the most of my personality and study hard at school.!

kistar 26-08-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josiah. (Post 6335265)
I have Aspergers syndrome. I really do; I was diagnosed in '09.

Hey Josiah great it has been diagnosed , thank you for sharing.

DanaC 26-08-2013 10:13 PM

My mother, brother and I have thought for some time my dad might have been undiagnosed aspergers.

[eta] I phrased that badly. We thought for a time that he may have been. Ended up thinking maybe not.

Redway 26-08-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 6335269)

When we were last year at junior school..our teacher was saying something, and said to my mate 'oh the penny has dropped'

No concept of sarcasm or anything. She used to get quite upset if we were sarcastic to each other (never did it to her as she took it as insults)

Yeah, and their understanding can be quite literal as well. I remember a while back our teacher told us to not rush through our work and he took it very literally, barely doing anything within the 45 minutes. :/

G1dds 26-08-2013 10:33 PM

I was pretty irritated when he said "I've got a condition called aspergers"

FFS - it's not a "condition". I have 2 sons, a husband, father, brother and sister with aspergers.....

Maybe I just don't like him, but the way he said it wound me up

erinp5 26-08-2013 10:37 PM

I have heard of it but I don't know anything about it.

Pincho Paxton 26-08-2013 10:39 PM

I know a few people with Aspergers, and it sort of makes sense that he has it.

DanaC 26-08-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1dds (Post 6335389)
I was pretty irritated when he said "I've got a condition called aspergers"

FFS - it's not a "condition". I have 2 sons, a husband, father, brother and sister with aspergers.....

Maybe I just don't like him, but the way he said it wound me up

Genuine question, and please forgive my ignorance on this, but what would be a more acceptable description?

bbfan11 26-08-2013 10:41 PM

I have Aspergers I don't like social situations and hate physical contact and don't make eye contact.

Vanessa 26-08-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbfan11 (Post 6335408)
I have Aspergers I don't like social situations and hate physical contact and don't make eye contact.

I wonder if i have it because i'm like that as well. :shocked:

erinp5 26-08-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 6335269)

Just read a post about a mum telling her son to travel light so he took an empty suitcase.

Pincho Paxton 26-08-2013 10:46 PM

I looked on the internet for the use of the word 'condition', and it does seem to apply to Aspergers. Condition is just a word that means state of health. You can use it for almost any health situation. I am in fairly good condition.

Marsh. 26-08-2013 10:49 PM

I love it when the TiBB Medical Professionals make threads.