ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB12 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=624)
-   -   Abz's accent (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236548)

brianna_jones 28-08-2013 04:12 PM

Abz's accent

I am not from the UK and don't recognize Abz's accent. I love it though... sounds almost like Jamaican and English combined. :)

Niamh. 28-08-2013 04:13 PM

I'm not English either but it seems to be the new London accent that all the cool kids use

fingers 28-08-2013 04:15 PM

It's one he invented, all by himself!

mr rochester 28-08-2013 04:17 PM

Jafaikan

Blue Cadillac 28-08-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianna_jones (Post 6340558)
I am not from the UK and don't recognize Abz's accent. I love it though... sounds almost like Jamaican and English combined. :)

Well, I am from the UK, and I don't recognise his accent! God help us if this is meant to be cool.

Gusto Brunt 28-08-2013 04:40 PM

It's stwreet tork, inn't.

Daffodil 28-08-2013 04:41 PM

It's the accent that Ali G brought to our attention...a sort of cross between London (Cockney) and Jamaican.

Lex 28-08-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rochester (Post 6340575)
Jafaikan

That just about sums it up Mr R.:thumbs:

...the sad thing is that I think that I would quite like the lad if he'd just drop the uber-cool-kid act!...but it's just making a 34 year old man look pathetic in my eyes! :nono:

fingers 28-08-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex (Post 6340634)
That just about sums it up Mr R.:thumbs:

...the sad thing is that I think that I would quite like the lad if he'd just drop the uber-cool-kid act!...but it's just making a 34 year old man look pathetic in my eyes! :nono:

He sounds like a sixteen year old trying to act "All growed up"

Lex 28-08-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fingers (Post 6340636)
He sounds like a sixteen year old trying to act "All growed up"

12-14...i'd say Fingers...:whistle:

brianna_jones 28-08-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rochester (Post 6340575)
Jafaikan

LOL!

smudgie 28-08-2013 05:15 PM

Ear bleeding awful

Robertocarlo 28-08-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianna_jones (Post 6340558)

It's called "Jafaiken" and it's totally invented by idiots who think it's cool to speak like a cross between a Jamaican and Cockney. It's permeating its way into London and the South East and is frankly horrible to listen to. It's totally fake, invented and put on. It's a bit like me speaking with a French accent because I thinks it's cool. It's not, just shows you're a tw@t!

Sooner Abz is out the better as I can't stand listening to him and the less coverage Jafaiken gets the better.

Tozzie 28-08-2013 06:47 PM

I can't stand the accent, it proper gets on my nerves, thing is youngsters all over the country are adopting the accent, soon there will only be one accent used so no one will know where anyone comes from LOL. I hate to think our different accents will be lost eventually, I hear so many young kids from my area of Yorkshire trying to speak this Ali G accent.

chuff me dizzy 28-08-2013 06:51 PM

Dont get me started on the way the silly swine talks ,makes himself look stupid everytime he opens his mouth

fingers 28-08-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tozzie (Post 6341045)
I can't stand the accent, it proper gets on my nerves, thing is youngsters all over the country are adopting the accent, soon there will only be one accent used so no one will know where anyone comes from LOL. I hate to think our different accents will be lost eventually, I hear so many young kids from my area of Yorkshire trying to speak this Ali G accent.

I never could stand Ali G. and Sacha Baron Cohen is just as bad!!! :devil::joker::dance::joker:

Livia 28-08-2013 07:08 PM

What cracks me up is when I hear young people in my local market town talking with this accent. I imagine none of them have ever had a conversation with a black person, and it comes out as a cross between Jamaican and country-fried rube.

Tozzie 28-08-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 6341087)
What cracks me up is when I hear young people in my local market town talking with this accent. I imagine none of them have ever had a conversation with a black person, and it comes out as a cross between Jamaican and country-fried rube.

thing is, I love to hear Jamaicans talk its just when people try to copy the accent, it just doesn't sound right and really riles me. Am I over reacting? Perhaps, but it still does my head in, I want to hear kids speaking with the accent of the place they come from. I'll shut up now because it makes me cross :mad:

Livia 28-08-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tozzie (Post 6341110)
thing is, I love to hear Jamaicans talk its just when people try to copy the accent, it just doesn't sound right and really riles me. Am I over reacting? Perhaps, but it still does my head in, I want to hear kids speaking with the accent of the place they come from. I'll shut up now because it makes me cross :mad:

I'm with you. Accents are great, I can't understand why someone would want to cultivate a fake one.

thesheriff443 28-08-2013 07:42 PM

trying to be a rude boy!

sway 28-08-2013 07:52 PM

Abz's accent is 1990s jafakean. the guy has been stuck in a time warp ever since leaving 5ive.

Withano 28-08-2013 07:57 PM

It isn't an accent. Though there are several thousand people who choose to talk like this. It makes them look cool.

Pincho Paxton 28-08-2013 08:19 PM

I can hear his real voice every now, and then, and it's a bit geeky.

Napoleon_Solo. 29-08-2013 07:18 AM

This is the real deal.....though to be fair maybe Abz may have been sourounded by people that sound like that, his girlfriend looks as though she may have black roots.......but I must admit His accent sounds a bit fake......but that's probably because his accent is a mixture.:xyxwave:

Napoleon_Solo. 29-08-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Multicultural London English (abbreviated MLE) is a dialect (and/or sociolect) of English that emerged in the late 20th century. It is spoken authentically by working-class, mainly young people in inner London, and some outer London areas such as Brent, Ealing, Newham, Barking and Dagenham, Haringey, and Enfield.[citation needed] However, elements of the sociolect are widely imitated throughout southern England. According to research conducted at Lancaster University, Multicultural London English is gaining territory from Cockney.
It is said to contain many elements from the languages of the Caribbean (Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and other Commonwealth Caribbean islands), South Asia,African American English, as well as remnants of traditional Cockney. Although the colloquial name "Jafaican" implies that it's pseudo-Jamaican, researchers indicate that it isn't the language of white youth trying to imitate black, but rather that "[it is] more likely that young people have been growing up in London exposed to a mixture of second-language English and local London English and that this new variety has emerged from that mix".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicu...London_English
Feel free to have ago yourself.:xyxwave: :wavey: