ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Conservative Conference : Karen Brady (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238512)

arista 30-09-2013 02:36 PM

Conservative Conference : Karen Brady

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...88_296x200.jpg

in Manchester

Karen Brady spoke before the Chancellor
had his go.

['Battle to turn Britain around is not over':
Osborne's warning as he vows to get a grip
on nation's finances and freeze fuel duty
Chancellor cautions that family finances
will not improve overnight
He rejected Labour's dangerous plan to
'fix prices and confiscate wealth'
No rise in fuel duty before election if
savings can be found
New £300m 'work for the dole' scheme
to launch within 6 months
Benefits claimants will have to do 30
hours a week in a work placement ]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2gO1ypagO

Now Vicky
I know you do not want the slackers to get
off their ass.
But many want this brought in.
Getting Tax Payers money given to
the non workers to doss - Stinks

Kizzy 30-09-2013 02:54 PM

Shocking!! 'confiscate wealth'?
what on earth does that mean... that everyone should just roll over and accept the energy hikes?
What about the 'wage confiscation' have no issue with that do they?....

Here's a poser for you, if there are all these positions in companies of 30hrs PW, why the hell are they not filling those positions with paid employees to get people off the dole?...
I missed the conference thank god or I would have a broken foot and a smashed TV by now!

arista 30-09-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6403790)
Shocking!! 'confiscate wealth'?
what on earth does that mean... that everyone should just roll over and accept the energy hikes?
What about the 'wage confiscation' have no issue with that do they?....

Here's a poser for you, if there are all these positions in companies of 30hrs PW, why the hell are they not filling those positions with paid employees to get people off the dole?...
I missed the conference thank god or I would have a broken foot and a smashed TV by now!

Catch Ch4News 7PM
for the best balanced news on this.
far better than the Bloated bbc

No Kizzy no need to smash anything

"George Osborne announces freeze
on fuel duty until 2015"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...budget-surplus

Vicky. 30-09-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

hours a week in a work placement
LOL at this. Not surprising though.

So basically, our unemployed numbers/benefit bill will stay the same even though some will be in (nearly) fulltimework. But its gunna cost us an extra 300m to fund it, and no money will be saved by anyone besides the companies taking on free staff (which in turn will lead to them laying off present staff)

You have to laugh at this lot tbh. Surely you cant even see the point of this arista?

Vicky. 30-09-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 6403749)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...88_296x200.jpg

in Manchester

Karen Brady spoke before the Chancellor
had his go.

['Battle to turn Britain around is not over':
Osborne's warning as he vows to get a grip
on nation's finances and freeze fuel duty
Chancellor cautions that family finances
will not improve overnight
He rejected Labour's dangerous plan to
'fix prices and confiscate wealth'
No rise in fuel duty before election if
savings can be found
hours a week in a work placement ]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2gO1ypagO

Now Vicky
I know you do not want the slackers to get
off their ass.

But many want this brought in.
Getting Tax Payers money given to
the non workers to doss - Stinks

Slackers?

And now, more taxpayers money is just going to be spent on this ridiculous scheme that will lead to MORE unemployment, how does this help things?

Best way to get 'slackers' off their arses, is to create PAID jobs for them. I love how you seem to think I support people who chose not to work. Thats not the case, I just realise how small a minority they are and refuse to demonize those who DO want to work because of the actions of a few. Forgive me for not being a sheep and having a daily mail style attitude to those less fortunate than I

arista 30-09-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 6403869)
Slackers?

And now, more taxpayers money is just going to be spent on this ridiculous scheme that will lead to MORE unemployment, how does this help things?

Best way to get 'slackers' off their arses, is to create PAID jobs for them. I love how you seem to think I support people who chose not to work. Thats not the case, I just realise how small a minority they are and refuse to demonize those who DO want to work because of the actions of a few. Forgive me for not being a sheep and having a daily mail style attitude to those less fortunate than I

There are not Jobs around at this time. (but soon they will come)
So cleaning a river
is better than slacking.

Its Not Demonizing
Never mind the daily mail
check every news (TV and Radio) on the Hour.

Feel The Force.

arista 30-09-2013 04:06 PM

"Surely you cant even see the point of this arista? "

Lets see if it works first
Many voters want this.

Vicky. 30-09-2013 04:10 PM

Of course it is demonizing..when you have the opinion that all those out of work are slackers :crazy:

I have held off saying this for a while, but it needs to be said now. With absolute sincerity, I wish redundancy for you in the near future. No-one deserves it more (except Osbourne and IDS)

arista 30-09-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 6403935)
Of course it is demonizing..when you have the opinion that all those out of work are slackers :crazy:

I have held off saying this for a while, but it needs to be said now. With absolute sincerity, I wish redundancy for you in the near future. No-one deserves it more (except Osbourne and IDS)

Not all of them
I never said all of them.

But the Slackers are in Every town
Fact.

Vicky. 30-09-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 6403969)
Not all of them
I never said all of them.

But the Slackers are in Every town
Fact.

Of course. But punishing everyone for the actions of a few is unfair. In my opinion it is anyway.

Calling the unemployed 'slackers' in general.comes across as if you mean all.

The most annoying thing in all of this rubbish is, that the serial claimers (or those who are on the sick without being sick too) know EXACTLY how to play the system anyway, so are unlikely to be affected by any of the changes.

arista 30-09-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 6403975)
Of course. But punishing everyone for the actions of a few is unfair. In my opinion it is anyway.

Calling the unemployed 'slackers' in general.comes across as if you mean all.

The most annoying thing in all of this rubbish is, that the serial claimers (or those who are on the sick without being sick too) know EXACTLY how to play the system anyway, so are unlikely to be affected by any of the changes.

Well I do not mean everyone
but the Slackers are able to work for their benefit.

"the serial claimers "

these are the ones that will be effected

Vicky. 30-09-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 6403999)
Well I do not mean everyone
but the Slackers are able to work for their benefit.

"the serial claimers "

these are the ones that will be effected

They wont though, they will find some way of getting out of it. They always do, hence managing to stay on JSA for 10years+

Kizzy 30-09-2013 04:45 PM

Don't get frustrated vicky, it's not worth it.
If there is an honest days work to be done then they should be an honest (and fairs) days pay at the end of it.
That is the bottom line.

Vicky. 30-09-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6404009)
If there is an honest days work to be done then they should be an honest (and fairs) days pay at the end of it.
That is the bottom line.

Yeah this pretty much sums up my opinion.

arista 30-09-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6404009)
That is the bottom line.

Yes when they are around.
At this time they are not.

Cherie 30-09-2013 04:55 PM

I thought in the news this morning they said that anyone claiming benefits for over two years would be asked to do community work, or sign on each day. What would the point be of putting them in a work placement which could displace a paid worker, also I think what they really need to address is people coming into the country and immediately being able to claim benefits or has this already been addressed?

Kizzy 30-09-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 6404023)
Yes when they are around.
At this time they are not.

What will the benefit claimants be doing then?.... 'Working' for their benefits it is suggested.
Ergo if they are 'working' for 'benefits' why are they not offered the option of 'working' for a 'wage'?

arista 30-09-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 6404033)
I thought in the news this morning they said that anyone claiming benefits for over two years would be asked to do community work, or sign on each day. What would the point be of putting them in a work placement which could displace a paid worker, also I think what they really need to address is people coming into the country and immediately being able to claim benefits or has this already been addressed?

no thats not what they want.

arista 30-09-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6404049)
What will the benefit claimants be doing then?.... 'Working' for their benefits it is suggested.
Ergo if they are 'working' for 'benefits' why are they not offered the option of 'working' for a 'wage'?

Cleaning a River Bank
for example.

arista 30-09-2013 05:14 PM

https://www.waterways.org.uk/images/...anup_april2013

Kizzy 30-09-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 6404058)
no thats not what they want.

But by default that is exactly what will happen, if you have a procession of claimants all working temporarily, this stops said company from employing any staff via the usual route?

Kizzy 30-09-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 6404066)
Cleaning a River Bank
for example.

And why is it not possible to employ men legitimately for such a task, via local councils?
They used to have 'community payback' for such tasks, just proves they are treating claimants like criminals.

arista 30-09-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6404096)
And why is it not possible to employ men legitimately for such a task, via local councils?
They used to have 'community payback' for such tasks, just proves they are treating claimants like criminals.

They have no funds left.

And its Not treating all of them
just the Able Slackers

Vicky. 30-09-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6404096)

People do get paid for stuff like that right now ;)

Anyway, lets just cut their hours as we have an endless supply of unemployed due to there being no paid jobs around.

arista 30-09-2013 06:03 PM

Ch4News Live now