ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2013 [S10] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=629)
-   -   Sam Baily no longer number one on itunes (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242575)

Jemal 21-12-2013 04:00 PM

Ill rather just donate money to oxfam then?
Instead of buying a dire song.

Im all for the cause of helping charity and whatever.. But bloody hell if people dont want to buy the song then why is it such a big deal?
Why is it getting portrayed as people who dont want to help charity.

Its annoying.

Jemal 21-12-2013 04:00 PM

Im all for the cause of helping charity and whatever.. But bloody hell if people dont want to buy the song then why is it such a big deal?

Its annoying.

MeMyselfAndI 21-12-2013 04:00 PM

One More Sleep was less than 7k off #1 last week :(
And had overtake Lily & Avicii since, Leona was just unlucky

Amy Jade 21-12-2013 04:03 PM

Leona would have been #1 with better promotion I think.

Kazanne 21-12-2013 04:07 PM

Well I'm gonna put a spoke in the wheel now,I want The Story of my life by 1D to be number 1 for Xmas but I do like Leonas too,so any of those.

Z 21-12-2013 04:09 PM

Sam Bailey is a really good karaoke singer, she's not an artist and she won't be a success. She's a lovely lady and she could sing just about anything but who exactly is going to buy her music?

MeMyselfAndI 21-12-2013 04:14 PM

Story Of My Life is amazing (runs), but It's not very likely too be top 5, I think the xmas top 10 will be

1) Sam Bailey
2) Pharell
3) Leona Lewis
4) ACDC
5) Avicii
6) Lily Allen
7) Ellie Goulding
8) Jason Derulo
9) Eminem ft Rihanna
10) One Direction

sassysocks 21-12-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The baby Zeesus (Post 6559416)
Sam Bailey is a really good karaoke singer, she's not an artist and she won't be a success. She's a lovely lady and she could sing just about anything but who exactly is going to buy her music?

How anyone could call Sam Bailey a karaoke singer is beyond me. I am not sure what exactly you term as being an 'artist' but most singers and bands around today and in the past just sing songs written by other people. Few write their own music or play instruments, if that's what meets your definition of being an 'artist'.

You admit Sam could sing anything but still call her karaoke - complete contradiction in my opinion.

T* 21-12-2013 06:22 PM

I like happy by pharrel :,(

Gstar 21-12-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndLeona (Post 6559427)
1) Sam Bailey
2) Pharell
3) Leona Lewis
4) ACDC
5) Avicii
6) Lily Allen
7) Ellie Goulding
8) Jason Derulo
9) Eminem ft Rihanna
10) One Direction

Beyonce is coming for all of their wigs

oh and :********tan: @ Jason Derulo

Vanessa 21-12-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cudolph (Post 6559622)
I like happy by pharrel :,(

me too! it makes me want to dance! :dance:

Vicky. 21-12-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassysocks (Post 6559618)
How anyone could call Sam Bailey a karaoke singer is beyond me. I am not sure what exactly you term as being an 'artist' but most singers and bands around today and in the past just sing songs written by other people. Few write their own music or play instruments, if that's what meets your definition of being an 'artist'.

You admit Sam could sing anything but still call her karaoke - complete contradiction in my opinion.

Personally..I dont think being called karaoke is that much of an insult. I am a karaoke presenter, and I tell you....some of the people we get singing in random bars are 100x better than anyone on these talent shows on tv. So yeah..calling someone karaoke, but saying they can sing, is fine. No contradiction :shrug:

Mystic Mock 21-12-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Wise Jems (Post 6559379)

Its annoying.

Exactly as my family have donated to charity but they haven't bought the song and why should they?

Marcus. 21-12-2013 09:38 PM

so whats no1 so far

Mystic Mock 21-12-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassysocks (Post 6559618)

Truly talented artists are able to turn other people's songs into their own though, Sam Bailey just copies the original.