ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The concept of charging someone for the use of toilet facilities... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245251)

Kyle 22-01-2014 11:38 PM

The concept of charging someone for the use of toilet facilities...

Do you think that it's acceptable to charge a fee or that they should be provided free of charge wherever possible? What so you think?

Marcus. 22-01-2014 11:42 PM

it should be free but if it i a mess then pay

Kazanne 22-01-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 6650490)
Do you think that it's acceptable to charge a fee or that they should be provided free of charge wherever possible? What so you think?

It should be free ,it's nature we all have to go

Z 22-01-2014 11:43 PM

I think it's completely wrong and I don't think it should be allowed, it's daylight robbery. Also object to toilet attendants; I don't need help washing my hands and I'm not going to give you money because you sat there and supervised me doing it.

Kyle 22-01-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus. (Post 6650502)
it should be free but if it i a mess then pay

Flush the friggin toilet then Marcus! :fist:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 6650504)
It should be free ,it's nature we all have to go

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zee (Post 6650505)
I think it's completely wrong and I don't think it should be allowed, it's daylight robbery. Also object to toilet attendants; I don't need help washing my hands and I'm not going to give you money because you sat there and supervised me doing it.

That's my opinion. In Rotherham bus station they introduced a toll system a few years back where you have to pay 20p to gain entry to the toilet facilities. I've seen it used in a few seaside resorts too. I find it morally repugnant.

Jake. 22-01-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

This is the worst thing ever in a club.

Z 22-01-2014 11:52 PM

It's ridiculous. It's always particular places that do it as well like train stations that know you have nowhere else to go if you want to go pee.

Jake. 22-01-2014 11:53 PM

And it's even worse because you're drunk and it's harder to escape the clutches of the bog attendee

Kyle 22-01-2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 6650542)
And it's even worse because you're drunk and it's harder to escape the clutches of the bog attendee

You sure it's not some random guy in a tux wanting to have a look at your tackle Jake?

Jake. 23-01-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 6650557)
You sure it's not some random guy in a tux wanting to have a look at your tackle Jake?

...So THAT'S what has been happening! :o...

LemonJam 23-01-2014 05:47 AM

they should be paying me not to piss on their floor tbh

smudgie 23-01-2014 06:54 AM

You nearly always had to pay in years gone by, hence the expression 'have to spend a penny'.
Toilet attendants are there to attend to the toilet, not the person, clean up after the mucky beggars. Unless you are somewhere posh of course, then you can have a squirt of something smelly:joker:

Kizzy 23-01-2014 08:23 AM

When toilets are free and unattended that are abused....
When they are attended that costs more money so there's a fee.
It's up to you where you pee.

Kizzy 23-01-2014 08:23 AM

When toilets are free and unattended that are abused....
When they are attended that costs more money so there's a fee.
It's up to you where you pee.

Kate! 23-01-2014 08:27 AM

- imagines a campaign with banners -

Keep Britain FREE 2 PEE!

Niamh. 23-01-2014 09:51 AM

When i was on holiday in Bulgaria a few years ago they had toilet attendants everywhere, in garages, pubs, restaurants, you name it and it wasn't a case of giving them money if you feel like it, you weren't allowed in if you didn't pay them, it was a big money making ring over there. Not a country I'd be rushing back to in a hurry tbh

But, eemm public toilets on the street I don't mind paying 20c or whatever cos they have to be cleaned etc but in a bar or restaurant absolutely not, if they're serving food and drink people will need to use the bathrooms

Kyle 23-01-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 6651145)
When i was on holiday in Bulgaria a few years ago they had toilet attendants everywhere, in garages, pubs, restaurants, you name it and it wasn't a case of giving them money if you feel like it, you weren't allowed in if you didn't pay them, it was a big money making ring over there. Not a country I'd be rushing back to in a hurry tbh

But, eemm public toilets on the street I don't mind paying 20c or whatever cos they have to be cleaned etc but in a bar or restaurant absolutely not, if they're serving food and drink people will need to use the bathrooms

Sunny beach?

I went there about five years ago. Strange experience. :hugesmile:

MeMyselfAndI 23-01-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Omg! I hate Toilet attendents, they always try too sell you aftershave and stuff, It's always a little awkward..

Kyle 23-01-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI (Post 6651151)
Omg! I hate Toilet attendents, they always try too sell you aftershave and stuff, It's always a little awkward..

Really? :shocked: Cheeky bastards! They've never tried that with me. Probably think I smell too much to get masked by gene Nate.

Niamh. 23-01-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 6651147)
Sunny beach?

I went there about five years ago. Strange experience. :hugesmile:

Yep, so dodgy there. Did you like it?

Kyle 23-01-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 6651163)
Yep, so dodgy there. Did you like it?

I did funnily enough but I kept my head down for most of the trip and spent most of it on that little island place Nessebar stunned by the view and riding that little train thing back and forth :hugesmile:

Heard stories though about people getting in taxis and then being overcharged. Then when they challenge it the police force them to pay it and take a cut so I stayed away from them. How long were you there for?

Niamh. 23-01-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 6651176)
I did funnily enough but I kept my head down for most of the trip and spent most of it on that little island place Nessebar stunned by the view and riding that little train thing back and forth :hugesmile:

Heard stories though about people getting in taxis and then being overcharged. Then when they challenge it the police force them to pay it and take a cut so I stayed away from them. How long were you there for?

Just a week, it was a longtime ago though, maybe 8 years ago?

MeMyselfAndI 23-01-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 6651156)
Really? :shocked: Cheeky bastards! They've never tried that with me. Probably think I smell too much to get masked by gene Nate.

In the clubs where I live they do, they stand by the sink so you have too talk to them when you wash your hands

LeatherTrumpet 23-01-2014 02:26 PM

I just do it in the street and then use my black dog poo bags to clear it up, the dog bins are plentiful and never full. Yes you get the odd look but its free.

Smithy 23-01-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 6650521)
This is the worst thing ever in a club.

I always just walk out and ignore them :joker: