ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=635)
-   -   Will this year's great line up and reaction encourage better celebs to take part? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245716)

Rob! 27-01-2014 12:08 PM

Will this year's great line up and reaction encourage better celebs to take part?

We've had some reasonably big names this series (Jim, Dappy and to an extent, Lionel.) so will we get bigger celebs wanting to take part?
The celebrity reaction this series has been immense and there was talk before this series even began of people like Paul O Grady and Susan Boyle interested in doing the show. What do you think?

zakman440 27-01-2014 12:10 PM

Hopefully, reckon that Paul O' Grady will be in the summer one if it's not axed.

abhorson 27-01-2014 12:15 PM

Depends on redemptiom, forgivness, career status, desperation and of course ££££££.

Rob! 27-01-2014 12:18 PM

If I was a celeb and had the choice between staying in the house and being covered in bugs, I'd choose BB any day, great a show as I'm a Celeb is.

joeysteele 27-01-2014 12:20 PM

It is possible that could happen, it will also depend on who wins too of course.

No way should Susan Boyle be considered, I cannot see her wanting to sleep in a room with others and I doubt the tasks would appeal to her.
It would be a case of someone not able to likely cope at all in the house and not a good thing to see.

abhorson 27-01-2014 12:21 PM

But we have had millionaires do these shows, why do they do it? Fun, challenge.

Z 27-01-2014 12:34 PM

I think it might encourage a certain type of famous celebrity; as someone said, they'll likely need the money and exposure enough to consider doing it in the first place (former popstars, out of work actors, former sports stars) or they'll be fame hungry people trying to move up the fame ladder... hopefully they manage to get a couple of famous names next time around

LeatherTrumpet 27-01-2014 12:37 PM

The success relies not on the celeb quality but the person and the mix. It may open up some new seams that have not been mined as yet. What it will do is attract advertisers.

Withano 27-01-2014 12:37 PM

Nah. Big Brother just got lucky that this years batch of the broke and/or famehungry were all a little bit bat**** crazy. Next series will be back to the same old 'twist every other night, a showmance and an airtime hog'

daniel-lewis-1985 27-01-2014 01:00 PM

Why do we need bigger celebs, they are usually the more boring ones. Look at how everyone said this years line up was crap and its turned out to be the best CBB.

CBB alsmost allways gets a better line up than Im A Celeb and is 10 times better imo.

Weve had Jacksons who were boring, Evander who could hardly talk, Pamela Anderson also sucked in BB12 she had no personality.

Give me the Luisas and Jasmines anyday over those.

Rob! 27-01-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6667160)
Why do we need bigger celebs, they are usually the more boring ones. Look at how everyone said this years line up was crap and its turned out to be the best CBB.

CBB alsmost allways gets a better line up than Im A Celeb and is 10 times better imo.

Weve had Jacksons who were boring, Evander who could hardly talk, Pamela Anderson also sucked in BB12 she had no personality.

I fully agree - but the big names attract ratings, at least at first. Double edge sword I guess.

daniel-lewis-1985 27-01-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobInnes (Post 6667167)
I fully agree - but the big names attract ratings, at least at first. Double edge sword I guess.

But this series has been successful from day 1 and just built.

I agree that a big name would give a good launch figure but people would only tune into see them enter then switch off unless we got people like Justin Beiber or Cher lol.

Z 27-01-2014 01:08 PM

I think 2 or 3 genuinely big names is enough. As others have said, it's the mix of housemates that's important, not their names on paper. Evander Holyfield is probably the most famous of the lot of them but he was also one of the dullest.

Pincho Paxton 27-01-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6667160)

I read that most people liked this line up. I think that the drama might have scared more celebrities away than promoted the show for them.

Niamh. 27-01-2014 01:19 PM

"Better" celebs doesn't automatically equal better HMs. I was pretty disappointed with this years line up when i heard who was going in, turned out to be one of the best CBBs ever

Z 27-01-2014 01:22 PM

Emma was right that bigger stars are the worst housemates because they're too media trained to let anything interesting slip. Why try and lure in Nadine Coyle for a huge amount of money when you can get two Luisa Zissman's for the same amount?

Robodog 27-01-2014 01:43 PM

It's a complete lucky dip

You never know if a big celebrity will be dull or an unknown celeb will be a firework

That's the beauty of the show

If they were all major stars i feel it might be worse as everyone would be more guarded

It's the Danicas, Luisas, Jasmines etc that begin fairly unknown but often make the show a success

Niamh. 27-01-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robodog (Post 6667294)
It's a complete lucky dip

You never know if a big celebrity will be dull or an unknown celeb will be a firework

That's the beauty of the show

If they were all major stars i feel it might be worse as everyone would be more guarded

It's the Danicas, Luisas, Jasmines etc that begin fairly unknown but often make the show a success

Real current stars don't go in often anyway, they're almost always has beens or wannabes who need either the cash or exposure or both