ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Amanda Knox found not guilty of murder (final verdict) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246012)

bbfan1991 30-01-2014 08:19 PM

Amanda Knox found not guilty of murder (final verdict)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25941999

At least Meredith's family have some closure at last, but it won't bring her back.

I wonder what this will mean now in terms of extradition for AK?

arista 30-01-2014 08:48 PM

Amanda Knox Found Guilty Of Kercher Murder

http://news.sky.com/story/1203892/am...kercher-murder

She Will stay in America
never leave

http://media.skynews.com/media/image...-1-626x352.jpg

Marc 30-01-2014 08:48 PM

I never had any doubt. Crazy bitch

Tom4784 30-01-2014 08:55 PM

What a terrible law system Italy has, I don't know what to think about this case any more since Italy has been so flip floppy with the verdict.

Samm 30-01-2014 09:13 PM

Does this mean she done it then, I supported her and felt sorry for her don't know what to think now

Vanessa 30-01-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 6678770)
What a terrible law system Italy has, I don't know what to think about this case any more since Italy has been so flip floppy with the verdict.

This is so true.

Z 30-01-2014 09:15 PM

Jesus... I don't even know if I feel sorry for Amanda Knox because I really don't know if she did it or not, but to have your freedom taken away, given back and now be taken away again has to hurt... really just appalled at Italy's judicial system on this case, what have they been playing at? Meredith Kercher's family must have been through hell these last few years.

Cherie 30-01-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zee (Post 6678824)
Jesus... I don't even know if I feel sorry for Amanda Knox because I really don't know if she did it or not, but to have your freedom taken away, given back and now be taken away again has to hurt... really just appalled at Italy's judicial system on this case, what have they been playing at? Meredith Kercher's family must have been through hell these last few years.

. I didn't even know there was a retrial

Kizzy 30-01-2014 09:20 PM

I think she'll go into hiding.

Vanessa 30-01-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6678841)
I think she'll go into hiding.

I agree. She won't go back to Italy.

Livia 30-01-2014 09:28 PM

The thing for me that said she was guilty was that they'd claimed that someone broken in through a window, a very high window... although not completely inaccessible. They said that whoever broke in killed Meredith and trashed the place, and the place was indeed trashed. However the glass from the broken window was on top of all the stuff that had been disturbed like the broken window was an afterthought. It didn't make sense. And like Judge Judy says, if it doesn't make sense, it probably isn't true.

Vanessa 30-01-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 6678865)
The thing for me that said she was guilty was that they'd claimed that someone broken in through a window, a very high window... although not completely inaccessible. They said that whoever broke in killed Meredith and trashed the place, and the place was indeed trashed. However the glass from the broken window was on top of all the stuff that had been disturbed like the broken window was an afterthought. It didn't make sense. And like Judge Judy says, if it doesn't make sense, it probably isn't true.

This is true. I've always had a bad feeling about her to be honest. Not sure why.

Tom4784 30-01-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zee (Post 6678824)

Having a retrial is pretty dumb, especially for a case like this in which you won't likely get a jury who hasn't already be influenced one way or another by the media coverage. They had their chance to convict Knox and they blew it, it just goes to show how flawed their judical system is if they can flip flop verdicts to suit them.

Apple202 30-01-2014 09:34 PM

what kind of legal system is this D-:

MTVN 30-01-2014 09:39 PM

The police and the whole justice system have messed up this case so much that it's hard for any verdict to be trusted

Personally I think she probably was guilty though it's too difficult to know for certain

Z 30-01-2014 09:41 PM

It's a bit of a shame that the victim in all of this has more or less not had any justice served and the case has become more about the Italian judicial system and Amanda Knox. I find it a bit tasteless that all that's ever really been said about the crime is that maybe it was some kind of sex game gone wrong, that's not a good thing to be known for... just rambling now but yeah, I think this has been such a shambles that I almost don't want to see Amanda Knox go to jail even if she is guilty because of how poorly handled the whole thing has been... if she did the crime then she should do the time but they don't seem to be able to make their minds up about whether or not she actually did it.

Livia 30-01-2014 09:44 PM

Pump her full of sodium pentothal and let's find out once and for all... then Meredith's family can get some closure. It must be like some kind of waking nightmare for them.

Z 30-01-2014 09:49 PM

They seem pretty convinced of Amanda Knox's guilt so I'm sure they'll be thrilled about this verdict... will the guy who was actually jailed for it be released or do they believe he was involved, so three of them murdered Meredith?

GypsyGoth 30-01-2014 09:51 PM

Hopefully she'll be found not guilty in the next trial (or the one after that).

MTVN 30-01-2014 09:54 PM

Will cause a bit of a diplomatic incident as well won't it, surely Italy won't be too pleased if America refuses to hand over someone their courts have found guilty of murder

GypsyGoth 30-01-2014 09:59 PM

I skimmed over an american article and they reckon an extradition request would be denied.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/30/wo...-knox-retrial/

Tom4784 30-01-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 6678927)
Will cause a bit of a diplomatic incident as well won't it, surely Italy won't be too pleased if America refuses to hand over someone their courts have found guilty of murder

I don't think Italy will have a leg to stand on if they try to kick up a fuss given how terribly they've handled this case.

If you can't convict someone in one trial you won't get a fair verdict in a second, either way the verdict will forever be in doubt. They've acquitted her and now she's beyond their reach. Instead of trying to save face with farcical retrials they should hold up their hands and admit their mistakes, try to learn from them and apologise deeply and sincerely to Meredith's family for a fatally flawed investigation.

Nedusa 30-01-2014 10:44 PM

The Italian judiciary is a disgrace and a laughing stock after this farce.

If I was Amanda Knox I would wash my Hands of the whole thing , she will never get justice there and thankfully the US authorities will never allow any extradition so she can take comfort in knowing this is over.

But it leaves many questions unanswered most importantly how such a supposed developed Country could have such a shambolic justice system.

Nedusa 30-01-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyGoth (Post 6678919)
Hopefully she'll be found not guilty in the next trial (or the one after that).

:thumbs::thumbs:

lostalex 31-01-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 6678906)
Pump her full of sodium pentothal and let's find out once and for all... then Meredith's family can get some closure. It must be like some kind of waking nightmare for them.

The Kertcher family already has closure. Rudy Guede, the man that raped and murdered their daughter/sister, is already in jail for this murder, and there's no doubt he did it.

Just a random African migrant raping and murdering their daughter is not a big enuf story for them though, it's not nearly as glamorous as blaming the beautiful, white, American girl.

The Kercher's (along with the Italian courts and British media) have turned a crime in which 1 young person was victimized, into a situation where 3 young people people have been victimized. Shame on them.