ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Should cycle helmets be mandatory? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247305)

thesheriff443 04-03-2014 06:43 AM

Should cycle helmets be mandatory?

yes or no

Kizzy 04-03-2014 07:49 AM

I thought they were?

thesheriff443 04-03-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6740622)
I thought they were?

that's motor cycles

LeatherTrumpet 04-03-2014 07:53 AM

They should but more importantly the wearing of a high viz jacket should also be. The amount of idiot cyclists i see dressed in black or dark colours amazes me.

thesheriff443 04-03-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 6740629)
They should but more importantly the wearing of a high viz jacket should also be. The amount of idiot cyclists i see dressed in black or dark colours amazes me.

true, ninja cycalits

Z 04-03-2014 10:36 AM

Yes, as should high visibility jackets. Maybe even knee and elbow pads. Cyclists are the most vulnerable of all road users, it amazes me that people take so few precautions when they're on a bike.

Livia 04-03-2014 08:19 PM

Yes helmets should be compulsory. Also some kind of test to make sure the cyclist knows the Highway Code because so many of them seem to think it only applies to motorists, and compulsory insurance.

The cyclists I hate the most are the ones that dress up in lycra like they're Bradley bloody Wiggins and ride around in bunches, two and three abreast. And they're almost all older men, and militant, fist-waving car haters. You'd think the amount of road tax I pay when they pay none, they'd be a little cheery.

thesheriff443 04-03-2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 6741635)
Yes helmets should be compulsory. Also some kind of test to make sure the cyclist knows the Highway Code because so many of them seem to think it only applies to motorists, and compulsory insurance.

The cyclists I hate the most are the ones that dress up in lycra like they're Bradley bloody Wiggins and ride around in bunches, two and three abreast. And they're almost all older men, and militant, fist-waving car haters. You'd think the amount of road tax I pay when they pay none, they'd be a little cheery.

this is so true, and the ones that you take five minutes to get past them only for them to overtake you again when you stop at a junction.

smeagol 04-03-2014 08:29 PM

cycles or motorbikes it should be up to the person if they want to wear one.
ridiculous law , a bit like seat belts. another stupid law that takes away are freedom as human beings

Z 04-03-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeagol (Post 6741657)
ridiculous law , a bit like seat belts. another stupid law that takes away are freedom as human beings

Are you for real

Josy 04-03-2014 08:38 PM

Yes.

Quote:

I had to read this a few times to make sure this said what I thought..

How on earth is a law that has been proven to save at least some lives, taking away your freedom as a human being?

Livia 04-03-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 6741653)
this is so true, and the ones that you take five minutes to get past them only for them to overtake you again when you stop at a junction.

They're a law unto themselves. I had one get off his bike and rant at me for some perceived misdemeanour. I was so mad I had to get out of my car and point out to the idiot that while I was overtaking a stationary bus he was overtaking ME! They're bloody frightening.

Livia 04-03-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Having had a couple of mates mangled on motorbikes and been saved only by the helmet they were wearing, I have to disagree. Also. my father, an ex-paramedic has some real horror stories about people not wearing seat belts. Not wearing helmets and seatbelts is tantamount to negligence. Life is too precious to take such stupid chances.

smeagol 04-03-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 6741676)
Yes.

I had to read this a few times to make sure this said what I thought..

How on earth is a law that has been proven to save at least some lives, taking away your freedom as a human being?

because we are all equal yet for some unknown reason some have declared themselves better than us and force us to obey their rulues

wearing a seat belt should be our choice we are born with free will. the same with helmets. seat belts restrict and can can cause more harm than good. they are a form of restraint. restricting are freedom .
it should be our choice to wear them.its our lives

thesheriff443 04-03-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 6741686)
They're a law unto themselves. I had one get off his bike and rant at me for some perceived misdemeanour. I was so mad I had to get out of my car and point out to the idiot that while I was overtaking a stationary bus he was overtaking ME! They're bloody frightening.

its like look at me on my bike saving the world!, while you destroy it with your car:hugesmile:

Glenn. 04-03-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeagol (Post 6741693)
because we are all equal yet for some unknown reason some have declared themselves better than us and force us to obey their rulues

wearing a seat belt should be our choice we are born with free will. the same with helmets. seat belts restrict and can can cause more harm than good. they are a form of restraint. restricting are freedom .

Is this real life?????

smeagol 04-03-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6741695)
Is this real life?????

This is the matrix

thesheriff443 04-03-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6741695)
Is this real life?????

or just fantasy

Josy 04-03-2014 08:52 PM

I actually just laughed out loud, for real.

Glenn. 04-03-2014 08:52 PM

I'm sorry but that has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here, and that's saying something.

How can you disagree with wearing a seatbelt in a car? I am flabbergasted tbh

Livia 04-03-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

LOL.... oh dear.

RichardG 04-03-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

What?? Literally just yesterday we had a speech by the fire service in college advising on car safety and they showed us the video below, a reconstruction of a genuine real life case.

I really hope you're joking. If not then....... wow.

Ninastar 04-03-2014 08:55 PM

yeah they should be... but one thing I dont understand is why cyclists have to cycle on roads?

I would much much rather be a pedestrian who is run over by a cyclist than a cyclist who is run over by a car

I think there should be more bike paths everywhere tbh... IMO so many more people would actually bike if it wasn't so dangerous car wise.

smeagol 04-03-2014 09:01 PM

its our lives if i want to get on my harley and ride with the wind in my hair on a hot summers day i should be allowed , it harms no one. if i crash its m life my choice and my right.
its all health and safety freaks with the scam to extort money from people
most rules are made to make money. just look at the driving licence. and all the other silly health and safety things. all about the cash

smeagol 04-03-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 6741713)
yeah they should be... but one thing I dont understand is why cyclists have to cycle on roads?

I would much much rather be a pedestrian who is run over by a cyclist than a cyclist who is run over by a car

I think there should be more bike paths everywhere tbh... IMO so many more people would actually bike if it wasn't so dangerous car wise.

they cycle on the pavements here. they shoot me shot lol