ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   good bye my sweet heart or is my sugar hiding ? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247351)

waterhog 05-03-2014 08:05 AM

good bye my sweet heart or is my sugar hiding ?

good bye my sweet heart or is my sugar hiding ? 05.03.14

she does adore
infarct its getting excessive
can have her hot or raw
but the addiction is progressive.
it may well start with a dusting
or in your morning cupper
but for it you will be lusting
you need it like breakfast, lunch and supper.
with obesity rising
2.9 mill is the figure on the table
the "new tobacco" it is equalizing
numbers will rise "5 mill" suggest a own label.
will a extra tax tackle
or is this making you vent
is your stomach starting to crackle
could you give this sweetness up for lent.
are the Americans choking
with there recent study
is sugar really as bad as smoking
something is shudy.
10% of daily intake
to half is the suggestion
will "Tate & Lyle" shake
the sugar rush now has congestion.
good bye to my sweet heart
you i am no longer riding
let the hidden games start
because my sweetness is everywhere and hiding.

( i must not forget the all important link or i will need a barrister - isn't that right my darling arista ? http://www.itv.com/daybreak/hot-topi...be-a-sugar-tax )

Jesus. 05-03-2014 08:07 AM

Thanks for clearing that up.

arista 05-03-2014 08:10 AM

http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/me...ndaI16Xnk0.jpg
Good old Dr.Hilary
said have balanced food

smudgie 05-03-2014 09:28 AM

Strewth, what next?
Tax on breathing.

Josy 05-03-2014 09:30 AM

They should just give us a bowl of gruel for each meal time and be done with it tbh.

Kizzy 05-03-2014 09:38 AM

I think this will go the way of the pasty tax, the sugar companies are not going to allow this. Sugar is much more dangerous than fat, it's good that its finally being discussed more seriously the fact that sugar levels in our food are ridiculously high.

Josy 05-03-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6742186)
I think this will go the way of the pasty tax, the sugar companies are not going to allow this. Sugar is much more dangerous than fat, it's good that its finally being discussed more seriously the fact that sugar levels in our food are ridiculously high.

All people need to do is make the right choices when it comes to food then and eat sensibly, have sugar in moderation like everything else.

No need to try slap a tax on it though.

Kizzy 05-03-2014 09:50 AM

That's easier said than done but a lot wouldn't recognise sugar in its many forms.
Coconut Sugar, or Coconut Palm Sugar
Corn sweetener
Corn syrup, or corn syrup solids
Dehydrated Cane Juice
Dextrin
Dextrose
Evaporated Cane Juice
Fructose
Fruit juice concentrate
Glucose
High-fructose corn syrup
Honey
Invert sugar
Lactose
Maltodextrin
Malt syrup
Maltose
Maple syrup
Molasses
Palm Sugar
Raw sugar
Rice Syrup
Saccharose
Sorghum or sorghum syrup
Sucrose
Syrup
Treacle
Turbinado Sugar
Xylose

Josy 05-03-2014 09:53 AM

And a lot would.

Sugar wont cause harm or obesity if it's ate as part of a sensible balanced diet, so it really all does come down to moderation.

And people not knowing what contains sugar (I'm sure most people know almost everything contains it these days) still doesn't mean they should tax it.

Kizzy 05-03-2014 09:59 AM

I doubt a lot would especially children, which is why it's good that there's more being done to raise awareness of how much sugar is in the food we eat.
I didn't say it was a good idea to tax it josy.

Nedusa 05-03-2014 10:54 AM

I don't know what to think anymore.........I don't know what diet to follow to stay healthy.

I am now like a lot of people completely confused as to what constitutes a healthy Diet.

We were told in the 50/60's to eat healthy lots of dairy produce ,meat,cheese and Milk etc. Then we were told in the 80's/90's that this was a bad Diet and that we needed a low fat Diet so everything was about the Fat content.

Food Manufacturers promoted the idea that Fat was bad as it could lead to clogging of the arteries and Heart disease so everything became low-fat ie more sugar. Sugar and Carbohydrate became acceptable with Bread,pasta,cereals,Rice etc being OK.

Then in the late 90's Sugar was seen as the Devil with new Diets coming out that promoted a return to higher Protein and Fat with much less sugar like eg the Atkins diet which is very low Carbs.

Carbs became the devil and Fat/Protein was OK again as it didn't spike insulin levels and this is what actually causes Fat to be stored in the body.

Now Today I am reading High Protein/Fat diets are now Bad for you ????

I don't know what to think...........totally and utterly confused.

Maybe go back to a normal diet of everything in moderation..!!!!

Kizzy 05-03-2014 11:09 AM

haha, it is confusing fat is good as long as you don't consume large quantities of things high in saturated fat (trans fat)
Red meat has been said to be linked to bowel cancer, I think this is more to do with farming methods than red meat but the recommendation is to only eat it twice a week, which is plenty I guess.
Carbs are good if they're wholegrain as they contain lots of fibre, and sugar is addictive so the advice is to go old turkey for a fortnight and reintroduce it slowly to keep tolerance low.

arista 05-03-2014 11:17 AM

Burger King launches 'diet chips' with 30% less fat

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz2v5dY7WFL

Thats a help
and better than McD

Josy 05-03-2014 11:19 AM

Still deep fried though ^^^^

Which completely defeats the purpose imo when people are trying to get into healthy eating diets they would probably be better off staying away from places like that, just buy some oven chips and cook them at home.

Kizzy 05-03-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 6742276)
Burger King launches 'diet chips' with 30% less fat

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz2v5dY7WFL

Thats a help
and better than McD

8 calories?... the difference is 8 calories you burn more than that brewing a fart!
jeeeze, mindyou they look chunkier so with more carb might keep you full for a little longer but that's it.

Ammi 05-03-2014 11:23 AM

..so is fruit going to have sugar tax as well, then..?..

Kizzy 05-03-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 6742280)
Still deep fried though ^^^^

Which completely defeats the purpose imo when people are trying to get into healthy eating diets they would probably be better off staying away from places like that, just buy some oven chips and cook them at home.

or peel a spud?

Kizzy 05-03-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6742285)
..so is fruit going to have sugar tax as well, then..?..

No ammi fruit has no added sugar.

Vicky. 05-03-2014 11:26 AM

I love how they make out that they care about peoples health, when the real thought process behind crap like this is 'I wonder where can we grab a bit more money from'

Ammi 05-03-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6742288)
No ammi fruit has no added sugar.

..it's still unhealthy to eat it in larger quantities though..if it's health that is the reasoning..I think like Vicky, I'm not really sure that it is...

Niamh. 05-03-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6742295)
..it's still unhealthy to eat it in larger quantities though..if it's health that is the reasoning..I think like Vicky, I'm not really sure that it is...

Yeah, my brothers g/f was working with a personal trainer/dietitian to try and lose a bit of weight. He asked her to go through what she ate everyday and he told her she's eating too much fruit, too much sugar (natural sugar but still sugar)

Kizzy 05-03-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 6742291)
I love how they make out that they care about peoples health, when the real thought process behind crap like this is 'I wonder where can we grab a bit more money from'

Yep, remember when the 'pasty tax' was in the news?
http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Gins...#axzz2v5hIBret

Vicky. 05-03-2014 11:33 AM

Yeah, its just ****ing ridiculous.

The hot food tax thing (not sure if thats still around? Might have actually bee the same thing as the pasty tax...) has made chickens at my local tesco £7! Seven ****ing quid for a cooked chicken :bored:

I would not be surprised if they started an oxygen tax or something similar. I know it sounds stupid, but it wouldnt surprise me.

Kizzy 05-03-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 6742295)

You would have to eat a lot to suffer ill health from fruit, I don't think it is either but if makes some people think about their choices a little then it may do some good?

Ammi 05-03-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 6742299)
Yeah, my brothers g/f was working with a personal trainer/dietitian to try and lose a bit of weight. He asked her to go through what she ate everyday and he told her she's eating too much fruit, too much sugar (natural sugar but still sugar)

..yeah, it's just as unhealthy for your weight/heart/teeth etc so I doubt that 'health' is the motivation for this but just another tax under the 'caring and concerned' guise...