ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2013 [S10] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=629)
-   -   Nicholas McDonald flops (and the whole world is shocked) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248073)

Black Dagger 23-03-2014 07:31 PM

Nicholas McDonald flops (and the whole world is shocked)

His single didn't manage top 40...

His album managed to get #6 but it's already at 90 on Itunes, so it's bound to have a massive drop next Sunday.

I don't take glee from it, but it was inevitable.

Cherie 23-03-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 6767553)
His single didn't manage top 40...

His album managed to get #6 but it's already at 90 on Itunes, so it's bound to have a massive drop next Sunday.

I don't take glee from it, but it was inevitable.

liar!!! out in time for Mothers Day it might rocket up the charts.:tongue:

Saph 23-03-2014 07:34 PM

flop bitch http://i.imgur.com/PvmK457.png

Black Dagger 23-03-2014 07:34 PM

Oh he definitely knows that is his market, Cherie, he's on twitter begging his fans to buy it for their mum's </3

I'll stick to a bottle of wine!

Vanessa 23-03-2014 07:34 PM

His total album sales might be fine. But his style of music just does not appeal to me.

Samm 23-03-2014 07:34 PM

who?

Brother Leon 23-03-2014 07:35 PM

Meh. Everyone from this series is going to flop really. None will be around come next series.

reece(: 23-03-2014 07:54 PM

Boreolas released an album? http://i.imgur.com/PvmK457.png

Pete. 23-03-2014 07:56 PM

Saw this in HMV yesterday and it had been reduced by £3.99 http://i.imgur.com/PvmK457.png

Flop a little

Vanessa 23-03-2014 08:50 PM

Apparently it's number one in Scotland. :laugh:

Glenn. 23-03-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 6767564)
Oh he definitely knows that is his market, Cherie, he's on twitter begging his fans to buy it for their mum's </3

I'll stick to a bottle of wine!

I think my mother would appreciate a bag of dog poo than his album.

Saph 23-03-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 6767683)

[IMG]http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/public/style_emoticons/default/***********[/IMG]

Jake. 23-03-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 6767683)

Greg will do anything for that Flatline justice

Jordan. 23-03-2014 09:46 PM

Didn't know he even released anything

Loukas 23-03-2014 09:56 PM

:idc: who?

Jake. 23-03-2014 09:57 PM

He should go and work at the place of his surname, that way he might be able to sell something

Vanessa 23-03-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 6767815)
He should go and work at the place of his surname, that way he might be able to sell something

:laugh2:

Gstar 24-03-2014 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petemitch (Post 6767613)
Saw this in HMV yesterday and it had been reduced by £3.99 http://i.imgur.com/PvmK457.png

Flop a little

:laugh:

joeysteele 24-03-2014 08:59 AM

The thing is, for so many acts on X Factor,they get really built up and told they are 'extra special' when they are not really.

This is why I think X Factor is going downhill,it is usually all about the winners and they get the investment but often they are not particularly special in any way.
Obviously some whohave been on X Factor got good worthwhile careers,such as LJS,One Direction and Ollie Murs, none of whom were the einners of the series.

Unless acts can get a really good investment into them that will throw and keep them in the public eye then most are doomed to have a little success initially and then disappear.
They used to talk about 5 minutes of fame,well that is often all you get now from X Factor,it is time the show prepared people for failure as much as build them up too.

It is odd, that the 'novelty' acts, (I use the word loosely), have gone on in a more versatile stream of show business and stay around for years like Jedward and Rylan.
While these so called world class performers, as Nicholas was once described as on the show,fall well short of any lasting success.
Left without any means,from X Factor or other showbusiness guru to rescue their careers either.

LeatherTrumpet 24-03-2014 09:02 AM

He does not have the x factor and as such is not going to do well. Millions of people can sing.

Kazanne 24-03-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 6768069)
The thing is, for so many acts on X Factor,they get really built up and told they are 'extra special' when they are not really.

This is why I think X Factor is going downhill,it is usually all about the winners and they get the investment but often they are not particularly special in any way.
Obviously some whohave been on X Factor got good worthwhile careers,such as LJS,One Direction and Ollie Murs, none of whom were the einners of the series.

Unless acts can get a really good investment into them that will throw and keep them in the public eye then most are doomed to have a little success initially and then disappear.
They used to talk about 5 minutes of fame,well that is often all you get now from X Factor,it is time the show prepared people for failure as much as build them up too.

It is odd, that the 'novelty' acts, (I use the word loosely), have gone on in a more versatile stream of show business and stay around for years like Jedward and Rylan.
While these so called world class performers, as Nicholas was once described as on the show,fall well short of any lasting success.
Left without any means,from X Factor or other showbusiness guru to rescue their careers either.

Well Joey,I'm off to see Matt Cardle tomorrow,I am really looking forward to it as I feel Matt was a one off,his albums are good,he writes his own stuff and doesn't shove himself in the limelight all the time,he took a gamble leaving Sycho,but imo,he did the right thing,even though XFactor have been really childish in omitting him from any of the XFactor ads etc.Matt is still doing well without the Sycho label.:hugesmile:As for Nicholas,he's not my cup of tea but good luck to the kid he is at least trying to make a career out of what he enjoys.

joeysteele 24-03-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 6768076)
Well Joey,I'm off to see Matt Cardle tomorrow,I am really looking forward to it as I feel Matt was a one off,his albums are good,he writes his own stuff and doesn't shove himself in the limelight all the time,he took a gamble leaving Sycho,but imo,he did the right thing,even though XFactor have been really childish in omitting him from any of the XFactor ads etc.Matt is still doing well without the Sycho label.:hugesmile:As for Nicholas,he's not my cup of tea but good luck to the kid he is at least trying to make a career out of what he enjoys.

I like Matt, he has made some really good stuff since X Factor I agree Kazanne,in fact I still rate his X Factor performance of 'The first time ever I saw your face' as the very best ever done by anyone.

Actually,I went and listened to Nicholas's CD this morning after reading this thread, didn't buy it but it was quite good,mainly covers,nothing startling but I have heard a lot worse from some so called rerally great acts too.

I think for me, X Factor has had its day now and I would guess as to your post, that Matt is afr happeier doing what he really feels and rates as quality as opposed to the suffocation element of being under the X Factor expectancy of what they call music and worthy of general release.

Kazanne 24-03-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 6768276)
I like Matt, he has made some really good stuff since X Factor I agree Kazanne,in fact I still rate his X Factor performance of 'The first time ever I saw your face' as the very best ever done by anyone.

Actually,I went and listened to Nicholas's CD this morning after reading this thread, didn't buy it but it was quite good,mainly covers,nothing startling but I have heard a lot worse from some so called rerally great acts too.

I think for me, X Factor has had its day now and I would guess as to your post, that Matt is afr happeier doing what he really feels and rates as quality as opposed to the suffocation element of being under the X Factor expectancy of what they call music and worthy of general release.

Exactly Joey,and agree with what you say about Matts version of'The first time' it still gives me goosebumps now(he better sing that tomorrow)and yes XFactor gave him a platform,but he had been in a group for a long time and I think that is why he felt the need to go it alone as he wanted to do his own stuff and jolly good it is too.

Mystic Mock 29-03-2014 01:26 AM

Nicholas only got so far because of the "cutesy" thing and the fact that some of Scotland voted for him because he was a young Scottish kid.

alex_front2 24-04-2014 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=The Mockinator;6773646]Nicholas only got so far because of the "cutesy" thing and the fact that some of Scotland voted for him because he was a young Scottish kid.[/QUOTE

true, but don't let any Scots know this as they'll deny the scots vote *cough* Michelle McManus etc.]