ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Festival Experiences.. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248295)

Jake. 30-03-2014 02:15 PM

Festival Experiences..

I'm going to V/Wireless Festival this year and I'm thinking about going to Reading too, these will be my first festivals.. I was just wondering what experiences you guys have?

Braden 30-03-2014 02:24 PM

Reading was a good experience last year. It was very surreal.

Make sure that you're really prepared when it comes to camping since that was the worst part about the festival.

Benjamin 30-03-2014 02:26 PM

****ed off of my face until the late hours, smoking spliffs after that, a little nap in the mornings then back to getting ****ed off my face.

Amazing times. :love:

Jake. 30-03-2014 02:28 PM

I think the problem being is that I'm not really a 'pusher' if that makes sense, I find it hard to get in with huge crowds and go wild.. maybe these will be good practice :laugh:

Loukas 30-03-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin (Post 6774655)
****ed off of my face until the late hours, smoking spliffs after that, a little nap in the mornings then back to getting ****ed off my face.

Amazing times. :love:

I was just gonna say something like this! :joker:
Be careful cause theres gonna be tons of people like me and Ben there :laugh2: So if your not a drugs kinda guy stay away from people that looked *****ed. My friend just went round meeting random people while completely off her face and shared her drugs with other people, who she then got into an arguement/fight with, it wasn't good lol

i on the other hand had a great time :love:

Mitchell 30-03-2014 02:46 PM

I always keep myself to myself, but that's just me haha

Ramsay 30-03-2014 04:44 PM

Get as ****ed as possible

Benjamin 30-03-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 6774657)
I think the problem being is that I'm not really a 'pusher' if that makes sense, I find it hard to get in with huge crowds and go wild.. maybe these will be good practice :laugh:

Not you calling me a pusher.

Livia 30-03-2014 05:11 PM

I saw Nirvana at Reading when I was 12... that's going to be very hard for me to top, wish I'd been a little older and more able to appreciate it.

Jake. 30-03-2014 09:46 PM

Okay thanks guys I've just booked Reading so that's Wireless, V and Reading this year! :)

Benjamin 30-03-2014 09:48 PM

Festival *****.

Try get tickets for Tomorrowland next year, you'll love it.

Ramsay 30-03-2014 09:49 PM

near impossible to get tickets for TL. sells out in seconds :laugh:

Benjamin 30-03-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 6775067)
near impossible to get tickets for TL. sells out in seconds :laugh:

I know, I tried. /sob

It never used to be that bad up until 3 years ago, now it is so popular.

Jake. 30-03-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin (Post 6775061)
Festival *****.

Try get tickets for Tomorrowland next year, you'll love it.

Well I'm not going on a 'lads' holiday this year so festivals was my substitute :p

Ramsay 30-03-2014 09:52 PM

Yippppped

smeagol 30-03-2014 10:35 PM

people throwing bottles of piss. girls flashing their bits. the smell of smoke and drugs. people fighting arguing. people in your way. expensive drinks.. turds flying over the crowd. shoes covered in mud and piss and off your head on booze. dancing like a crazy loon happy times

james130 30-03-2014 10:36 PM

I worked at V last year and i'm sure you'll have a great time, but definitely not the festival for me.

At the risk of sounding an absolute prick, it was full of chavs. I served someone one night, who'd just had a chunk of his cheek bitten out for 'looking at a guy funny' and it just didn't have that festival atmosphere. Probably due to the fact that the arena closes at night so there's nothing to do but go back to your tents and get pissed (I think that's what causes the trouble because everyone is cooped up getting drunk). I think if it had been my first festival i'd have loved it though.
Nothing will ever beat Glasto in my eyes.

First of all the people. Yes people 'get f* cked' and have a great time but they're also so much nicer than any gig/festival crowd i've ever been to. Perhaps it's the old 'hippy' roots, but everyone is so chilled and just happy to be there. I had conversations with so many different sorts of people, there were workshops and stuff, a hidden piano bar and it never ends. I partied to Diplo till the sun came up and went back out every night/morning.
That's what I missed with V, so can't wait to go back this year.

Reading/Leeds are like a cross between V and Glasto imo.
I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time wherever you go though!

Jake. 30-03-2014 10:38 PM

Thanks James, it's good to have a in-sight :)

Black Dagger 30-03-2014 10:43 PM

Can't say I've had one, and I'm too stubborn to go to one and I hate people/mud

Vanessa 30-03-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 6774754)
I saw Nirvana at Reading when I was 12... that's going to be very hard for me to top, wish I'd been a little older and more able to appreciate it.

OMG! I love Nirvana! :amazed: