ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   If your kids are fat are you a bad parent? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248596)

LikeABoatOnWater 07-04-2014 01:12 PM

If your kids are fat are you a bad parent?

I think so

the truth 07-04-2014 01:38 PM

yes unless there is a serious underlying condition that makes it almost impossible to keep the weight down. i think parents who dont work are also bad parents who show their kids the wrong example of lazy worklessness

Me. I Am Salman 07-04-2014 01:39 PM

No

arista 07-04-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeABoatOnWater (Post 6784832)
I think so

Yes something goes wrong

GypsyGoth 07-04-2014 01:47 PM

If the parents are fat then it's probably genetic :shrug:

LikeABoatOnWater 07-04-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyGoth (Post 6784885)
If the parents are fat then it's probably genetic :shrug:

Just feed them less if they have a low metabolism, that's what I say.

Livia 07-04-2014 01:49 PM

I'm more disturbed by people who raise idiots.

Jords 07-04-2014 01:52 PM

Not a 'bad' parent but a bit irresponsible or careless maybe.

the truth 07-04-2014 02:10 PM

people are too scared to criticize chavvy parents for fera of retribution. theyre often bullies who give out criticism but cant take it back. happy to take the tax payers money though to subsidise their lazy lifestyles and no im not a daily mail reader just a student at the university of life

LikeABoatOnWater 07-04-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 6784924)
people are too scared to criticize chavvy parents for fera of retribution. theyre often bullies who give out criticism but cant take it back. happy to take the tax payers money though to subsidise their lazy lifestyles and no im not a daily mail reader just a student at the university of life

Peach it sister

Z 07-04-2014 02:12 PM

I dunno, I put on a lot of weight when I was 10 years old out of nowhere, I'm not sure my parents even really know how it happened, I wouldn't say they were bad parents - neither of my brothers have ever been fat so I think it's a bit of a mystery to everyone :laugh:

arista 07-04-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z (Post 6784928)
I dunno, I put on a lot of weight when I was 10 years old out of nowhere, I'm not sure my parents even really know how it happened, I wouldn't say they were bad parents - neither of my brothers have ever been fat so I think it's a bit of a mystery to everyone :laugh:

So you had a slacking zone time
but you then went to back to being fit

Not the same as fat kids

Stu 07-04-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 6784863)
i think parents who dont work are also bad parents who show their kids the wrong example of lazy worklessness

As opposed to the right example of lazy worklessness?

Z 07-04-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 6784933)
So you had a slacking zone time
but you then went to back to being fit

Not the same as fat kids

I was 10 years old :umm2: I've no idea what I was doing in my spare time :laugh: I'm pretty sure I still did sports, I just gained weight really quickly out of the blue, but yeah to address the OP - I think if an entire family is fat, parents, all the kids, then yeah that's probably bad parenting; but if as in my case one of the kids is overweight but none of the rest of the family are then it's not really the same thing.

the truth 07-04-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 6784936)
As opposed to the right example of lazy worklessness?

congratulations on your non contribution zzzzzzzz

Cherie 07-04-2014 04:28 PM

My kids are like bean poles, does that mean we are bad parents because we don't feed them enough? Some kids are overweight due to genes, some are overweight due to comfort eating due to bullying, some are fat because their parents can't afford to/or have time to cook proper meals so live on chips/burgers/nuggets, there is a percentage of bad parenting involved but not all fat children have parents with poor parenting skills, anymore than all thin children have amazing parents.

LeatherTrumpet 07-04-2014 04:30 PM

Dragons prefer fat children so every cloud and all that

Marsh. 07-04-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 6784924)

What a non contribution.

Nedusa 07-04-2014 04:31 PM

If your kids are fat chances are the parents are too........these KFC buckets don't eat themselves.

smudgie 07-04-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 6785069)
My kids are like bean poles, does that mean we are bad parents because we don't feed them enough? Some kids are overweight due to genes, some are overweight due to comfort eating due to bullying, some are fat because their parents can't afford to/or have time to cook proper meals so live on chips/burgers/nuggets, there is a percentage of bad parenting involved but not all fat children have parents with poor parenting skills, anymore than all thin children have amazing parents.

Could not have put it better.
I had a fat nephew, his mother is a fantastic mother perhaps a little OTT with the attention he was given as an only child.
Anyhow, he is now a rather fit, strapping Sub-mariner.

I was a very underweight child, and had the mother from hell.

the truth 07-04-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 6785075)
What a non contribution.

no it wasnt it was a truthful contribution, you of course have contributed nothing and made it small ptty and personal. as usual. maybe youd like to mock my finding my long lost brothr again, thats about your standard

the truth 07-04-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 6785069)

over liberal nonsense

arista 07-04-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedusa (Post 6785076)
If your kids are fat chances are the parents are too........these KFC buckets don't eat themselves.

Share them with 8 people

Cherie 07-04-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 6785114)
over liberal nonsense

Come back to me when you have formulated a proper reasoned response instead of using buzz words!

the truth 07-04-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 6785243)
Come back to me when you have formulated a proper reasoned response instead of using buzz words!

I think you mean you only listen to opinions that agree with yours. youve come to the wrong place. bringing up kids of greasy fat filed foods and endless take aways and unbalanced diets is abuse. you dont think so. I do. Im here to fight for the kids. you can dismiss kids health as buzz words, I find that flippancy disgusting