ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   tesco - sales falling - will you shop there ? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251508)

waterhog 04-06-2014 11:52 PM

tesco - sales falling - will you shop there ?

3 times a fall - Tesco - time to go 04.06.14

thank you for this report
honesty means you can stand tall
i am wondering do you need a export
due to the third consecutive fall.
the last three months did stray
infarct Tesco has been to the slaughter
like for like sales were down 3.7% take away
a very disappointing quarter.
words from the chief
no longer the unstoppable hunter shark
the next year will be grief
shaking in his boots is Philip Clarke.
6% fall was annual
allot of tears
maybe they have to look at the trading manual
because this is the worst performance in 20 years.
cheaper shops are thriving
they are smelling a rose
Aldi and Lidle are most certainly driving
and massive respect to Waitrose.
"Kantar worldpanel" highlighted the decline
29% is gigantic
Tesco head office is losing its shine
the 650 stores to get refits is a sign of frantic.
Laurie Mcllwee has resigned
i will not speculate
investors did not have it declined
maybe a few more need this accelerate.
you are a disgusting store
tacky and cheap
all of your staff can do more
for way to long you have done the clean sweep.
you got complaisant at the top
its your downfall Tesco
no longer cream of the crop
shame is associated with you red,blue, white logo.

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27692397 if you don't trust my judgment on Tesco - all info is on this link. the question is - will you still shop at Tesco ?)

GypsyGoth 04-06-2014 11:55 PM

I do shop there, I like the price
and the self service tills are very nice.

Kizzy 05-06-2014 12:26 AM

No, it's getting really overpriced and the quality is getting very bad.

Marsh. 05-06-2014 12:26 AM

No. Their milk is off.

Toy Soldier 05-06-2014 08:58 AM

It's easily the worst of the big supermarkets now... Overpriced on many items, confusing layouts, and many of their big stores are starting to look a bit... Dirty. You can tell they're not the dominating force that they once we're in UK retail.

smudgie 05-06-2014 09:12 AM

Yes.
I shop at Tesco, but then I shop at all the supermarkets.
Our Tesco is immaculate, staff are friendly and you get some good bargains, half price sides of salmon etc..brilliant.
Nothing better than a good old supermarket price war:dance:

Nedusa 05-06-2014 09:25 AM

No i don't like Tesco anymore, they are now firmly the new Iceland at the lower end of the market.

Large disorganised stores where the prices fluctuate wildly for the same items from week to week, to poor service from the staff.

Poor quality in general and not a great shopping experience.

Prefer Sainsbury, Asda and Morrisons

arista 05-06-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 6898373)
No. Their milk is off.

Yes left outside not in a Fridge
for hours before getting moved to the the Store Fridge
is due to Tesco Workers - Not caring.

arista 05-06-2014 09:48 AM

This is a News Paper Future Vision of Tesco

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...24368964_n.jpg

Bring it On.

Cherie 05-06-2014 10:10 AM

Never liked Tesco, don't like the look of their meat alot of the time it looks just on the edge of going off, store doesn't look particularly clean either.

Kizzy 05-06-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedusa (Post 6898728)
No i don't like Tesco anymore, they are now firmly the new Iceland at the lower end of the market.

Large disorganised stores where the prices fluctuate wildly for the same items from week to week, to poor service from the staff.

Poor quality in general and not a great shopping experience.

Prefer Sainsbury, Asda and Morrisons

I don't think that's a fair comparison really, I don't eat much frozen food but when I've been to Iceland it's nice and clean their staff are polite. As a company they treat their staff very well it's said.
I tend to shop at morrisons too but their prices are creeping up and the selection between brands decreasing.

Nedusa 05-06-2014 10:22 AM

I think the moral in the story is don't overstretch yourself and try and be all things to everyone.

bit like jack of all trades master of none.

Shoppers want low prices but they want quality as well, just offering cheaper and cheaper goods ends up becoming like iceland very cheap food but awful quality.

Thats why shops like aldi & lidl are doing well because some of their items are good quality and reasonably priced.

Kizzy 05-06-2014 11:08 AM

All supermarkets have a budget range though as well as having branded products?

The Aldi ads annoy me actually, they show a basket of branded goods at one supermarket and then a basket of 'copycat' brands at aldi... of course they're going to be cheaper you're not paying for the market leader are you? :conf:

Toy Soldier 05-06-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 6898851)
All supermarkets have a budget range though as well as having branded products?

The Aldi ads annoy me actually, they show a basket of branded goods at one supermarket and then a basket of 'copycat' brands at aldi... of course they're going to be cheaper you're not paying for the market leader are you? :conf:

I think the point of those ads though, is that the "copycat" brands are often as good as if not better than the big brand names but cost much less. With a big brand you pay a premium for the name when, in reality, the actual product isn't any better.

That said... The shampoo section at aldi cracks me up, just because you can see all of the copied brands together and it's so obvious... It has like "herbal essentials", "Ponton Pro V", "head and elbows"... :joker:

Vanessa 05-06-2014 01:12 PM

I prefer Asda. Very good prices, it's clean and the staff are lovely.

Me. I Am Salman 05-06-2014 01:13 PM

Yes, tesco is still my favourite supermarket.

Vanessa 05-06-2014 01:14 PM

I do shop there sometimes, but it's more expensive than Asda.

smeagol 05-06-2014 01:45 PM

most of there stuff is too expenisve. i only go in for things like french loafs and to see if any cheap biscuits and things.
would never do main shopping there. far too expensive

Vanessa 05-06-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeagol (Post 6899214)
most of there stuff is too expenisve. i only go in for things like french loafs and to see if any cheap biscuits and things.
would never do main shopping there. far too expensive

I agree.

Black Dagger 05-06-2014 01:51 PM

Morrisons is only over the road so I shop there, but I'm being forced out of my home next week so if I move somewhere closer to Tesco, I probably would shop there.