ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB15 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=647)
-   -   Purposely not providing live feeds to aid in situations such as... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258117)

Mrjrb2014 19-07-2014 07:10 PM

Purposely not providing live feeds to aid in situations such as...

Kimberley unexpected illness..right before eviction..and other such situations

Marsh. 19-07-2014 07:12 PM

To aid in such situations?

You say it as though BB took her out to save her from the chop..... yet Kim has walked.

Whether her illness was real or not it all comes down to the fact she has made the decision to leave. So no matter the circumstances around it, she's gone. Makes no difference.

Me. I Am Salman 19-07-2014 07:18 PM

The live feed issue is everything to do with manipulation and nothing to with money, 100%. Like I said in another thread, there are production teams in third world countries with no access to clean water who can afford a 24/7 feed, yet one of the main stations in the United Kingdom can't? Ok

But if it truly is so costly, put it up on the site and implement a £10-£20 fee. May seem expensive but clearly C5 are adamant it's going to bankrupt them otherwise. I'm sure a lot of hardcore fans would buy it in an instant regardless of the price anyway.

Mrjrb2014 19-07-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me. I Am Salman (Post 7073657)
The live feed issue is everything to do with manipulation and nothing to with money, 100%. Like I said in another thread, there are production teams in third world countries with no access to clean water who can afford a 24/7 feed, yet one of the main stations in the United Kingdom can't? Ok

But if it truly is so costly, put it up on the site and implement a £10-£20 fee. May seem expensive but clearly C5 are adamant it's going to bankrupt them otherwise. I'm sure a lot of hardcore fans would buy it in an instant regardless of the price anyway.

I feel this way as well....

Achilles 19-07-2014 07:25 PM

We are watching a show based on Big Brother. That is why there is no live feed. Big Brother create the show and try to make it as interesting as possible. They have weird and wacky showmances, have lots of bitching and fighting and lots of "funny" times. It's not a natural dynamic of 16 people in a house and we just watch them, it is created for our entertainment and BB manipulate it how they see fit.

armand.kay 19-07-2014 07:28 PM

The production team (endemol) actually want live feeds for some reason c5 don't.

Jamesy 19-07-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me. I Am Salman (Post 7073657)

I've always said if costs are a problem they can have an online 24/7 feed and charge people for a series pass. They would make a decent amount from fans alone. I'm sure a good percentage of casual viewers would pay for it too (if it's at a decent price).

The unique selling point of Big Brother was live feed originally. With that taken away it's become more of 'another' reality show. But I guess they think manipulation is the way to go...