ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Destiny (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264303)

Locke. 06-09-2014 09:44 PM

Destiny

The most expensive game ever made, expected to get 10 million players on it's first day of release. Anyone here getting it?

Quote:

Destiny is set seven hundred years into the future in a post-apocalyptic setting following a prosperous period of exploration, peace, and technological advancement known as the Golden Age.[18] In a universe where humans have spread out and colonized planets in the Solar System, an event known as "the Collapse" saw the mysterious dissolution of these colonies, the end of the Golden Age, and mankind teetering on the brink of extinction. The only known survivors of the Collapse are those living on Earth, who were saved by "the Traveler," a white, spherical celestial body whose appearance centuries before had enabled humans to reach the stars.[19] The Traveler now hovers above the last safe city on Earth, and its presence allows the Guardians — the defenders of the City — the ability to wield an unknown power, only referred to as "The Light."

Upon mankind's first attempt to repopulate and reconstruct after the Collapse, it is discovered that hostile alien races have occupied mankind's former colonies and civilizations and are now encroaching upon the City. The player takes on the role of one such Guardian, and is tasked with reviving the Traveler while investigating and destroying the alien threats before humanity is completely wiped out.

Pete. 06-09-2014 09:48 PM

http://www.muumuse.com/wp-content/up...ey-destiny.gif

Brother Leon 06-09-2014 09:48 PM

It's being hyped to eternity by my friends, but I wasn't a huge Halo fan and this is meant to be similar? I'll wait to see some gameplay on youtube and then decide.

Shaun 06-09-2014 09:54 PM

looks pretty decent, might give it a go when I get a PS4

Kyle 10-09-2014 10:22 AM

Got it on ps3 yesterday, really enjoying it so far.

Like a mix of first person shooter, RPG and MMORPG. Hard to pin it down to one genre in specific.

Tregard 10-09-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 7257410)
Got it on ps3 yesterday, really enjoying it so far.

Like a mix of first person shooter, RPG and MMORPG. Hard to pin it down to one genre in specific.

Is it reminding you of Borderlands? I've heard it's a bit repetitive, but the shooting is very therapeutic.

Locke. 10-09-2014 10:50 AM

The graphics >>>

Looks better than most films

Kyle 10-09-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tregard (Post 7257472)
Is it reminding you of Borderlands? I've heard it's a bit repetitive, but the shooting is very therapeutic.

Honestly not played borderlands mate so I couldn't tell you. A few bloggers have drawn similarities with that game though so it could be yeh.

I suppose in some ways it is repetitive, you deploy your ghost, shoot waves of enemies and rinse and repeat - But I just love the multiplayer interaction and the whole blend of genres.

I don't want to recommend a game cos I don't know what your tastes are but as reviews pile in over the weekend you should maybe check them out and see what they have to say. They will have got a lot further than me I'm still a level 3 warlock lol :laugh:

Ramsay 10-09-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tregard (Post 7257472)

Like a Halo/Borderlands/MMO hybrid from what i played in the Beta
I'll pick this up eventually. far too many games i still have to get through though. Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, Max Curse of Brotherhood, Need for Speed

Scarlett. 10-09-2014 01:51 PM

From this persons opinion, I probably wont pick this up
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...lay_or/ckdizef

Locke. 10-09-2014 04:28 PM

Played a few hours worth of it now, I'd give it a high 6 out of 10. My posts about the graphics earlier were about the opening sequence, but the actual in-game graphics don't stand out much really. The shooting is good though (and that's pretty much the entire game.) Being able to add people to your team and do the levels with them is probably the best thing, but so far I've found it quite hard getting people on one (maybe that's just because I'm a low level.. dunno).

Gonna keep playing it but it's not a game I'll keep hold of like Last of Us & GTA, will probably throw it on Ebay once it's complete/I get bored.

Also, your character being able to do the Sturridge dance >>>>

Raph 10-09-2014 04:31 PM

what console is it on?

Scarlett. 10-09-2014 04:46 PM

PS4 and Xbone, I think the PS4 has some extra content or something though.

Ryan57 10-09-2014 04:57 PM

It's on the PS3 and 360 also.

Ramsay 10-09-2014 05:05 PM

PS4/PS3 gets timed DLC for like a year i think.

JoshBB 10-09-2014 05:10 PM

It's an FPS, hell no.

Kyle 10-09-2014 07:34 PM

Just had another go on it tonight, had a laugh with a couple of people I met yesterday. It's definitely better with others than slogging it on yer own.

Was on the third mission on earth and was walking past this downed pod and somebody must have activated this side mission where you had to defend this area from waves of enemies while it uploaded data. Me and this one kid were getting slaughtered then about halfway through another two people turned up from god knows where and it all kicked off big time till we did it. Then it ended and me the lad carried on with the mission.

Still have no idea what the ******* it was.

Brother Leon 10-09-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 7258064)
Played a few hours worth of it now, I'd give it a high 6 out of 10. My posts about the graphics earlier were about the opening sequence, but the actual in-game graphics don't stand out much really. The shooting is good though (and that's pretty much the entire game.) Being able to add people to your team and do the levels with them is probably the best thing, but so far I've found it quite hard getting people on one (maybe that's just because I'm a low level.. dunno).

Gonna keep playing it but it's not a game I'll keep hold of like Last of Us & GTA, will probably throw it on Ebay once it's complete/I get bored.

Also, your character being able to do the Sturridge dance >>>>

Did you choose Warlock or Human?

Locke. 10-09-2014 07:42 PM

Human

Kyle 10-09-2014 08:03 PM

You can be a warlock and a human can't you? I picked both. Warlock for class and human for race.

armand.kay 10-09-2014 08:46 PM

They've made a destiny's child game?

Locke. 10-09-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 7258501)
You can be a warlock and a human can't you? I picked both. Warlock for class and human for race.

Not too sure, think I could only pick one of the two

armand.kay 10-09-2014 08:49 PM

This actually looks really good hopefully they have it on xbox 360

armand.kay 10-09-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan57 (Post 7258106)
It's on the PS3 and 360 also.

http://i.imgur.com/krZHCT2.jpg

Kyle 12-09-2014 06:34 AM

Come on, somebody buy it on ps3 and help me shoot stuff :grin2: