ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   Hms have a moment of silence for 9/11 vid (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264680)

erinp5 11-09-2014 01:25 PM

Hms have a moment of silence for 9/11 vid

Remembered

http://38.media.tumblr.com/564fab578...22k3o1_400.gif

jaxie 11-09-2014 01:31 PM

That was beautiful. I will never forget coming home at lunchtime that day and turning on the tv to see the second plane hit. Watching that plane full of people disintegrate into a building full of people was a shocking sight.

daniel-lewis-1985 11-09-2014 01:45 PM

I cant believe its been 13 years.

This happened on my 1st day of college I got home and couldn't believe what I was watching.

Praying something like this never happens again.

Kazanne 11-09-2014 01:47 PM

I made a rememberence thread earlier.13 years already.

Jarrod 11-09-2014 01:53 PM

To see the Housemates together remembering and having a moment of silence for such a tragic event, really is a welcomed sight.

Robodog 11-09-2014 02:05 PM

Agreed.

Prayers for the victims of that terrible day when the twin towers and wtc7 all collapsed.

:angel:

I'm going to go into Gary mode now ! So bear with me (or switch off if you prefer!)

I read recently "The universe is not planned - it is imagined".

If we regularly take time out and actively imagine a peaceful world, a peaceful future, a peaceful life - for the good of all - what a difference that would make.

Imagination is powerful, it is the seed of all our tomorrows.

Truth is - You get what you concentrate on. That's one to really think about.

It's easy to focus on what we DON'T want - but it's more important to concentrate on what we DO want.

The universe is like a sat nav. Tell it where you want to go (for example - peace and happiness), really FEEL that feeling of where you want to be and let the universe guide you there.

Visualise a peaceful life together and let that be so.

I'll shut up now :blush:

tanussa 11-09-2014 02:53 PM

beautiful speech by gary

hijaxers 11-09-2014 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=tanussa;7260283]beautiful speech by gary

A beautiful moment - holding hands as one

Pete. 11-09-2014 04:05 PM

http://i.imgur.com/sFJlbJw.gif

Jules2 11-09-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robodog (Post 7260211)
Agreed.

Prayers for the victims of that terrible day when the twin towers and wtc7 all collapsed.

I'm going to go into Gary mode now ! So bear with me (or switch off if you prefer!)

If we regularly take time out and actively imagine a peaceful world, a peaceful future, a peaceful life - for the good of all - what a difference that would make.

It's easy to focus on what we DON'T want - but it's more important to concentrate on what we DO want.

The universe is like a sat nav. Tell it where you want to go (for example - peace and happiness), really FEEL that feeling of where you want to be and let the universe guide you there.

No need to shut up Robo because your words are correct. Sadly it is only going to be for some as we all have our own pathways to lead. Some in fighting mode see it as their right. I look upon us as in a school and unfortunately we have to have all the classrooms to learn, for me the spirit is the true essence of life because I believe this is just the learning area. There is far more for us to experience. It is so difficult to explain without sounding a daft ha'porth. In the meantime we can all only do our best. x

Pronshi 11-09-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robodog (Post 7260211)
Agreed.

:nono:

the truth 11-09-2014 06:43 PM

I can recall it minute by minute
i slept late as usual, my mate sent me a message to watch the news
my niece was 3 and I was baby sitting......i turned on the tv and like everyone was horrified beyond words.....the shots of the innocent people perishing, the legendary firemen exhausted to the point of collapse and risking absolutely everything brought tears to my eyes as did the photo of just the statue of liberty amidst the smoke and carnage.....one moment though which I recall vividly , was by darling little niece.....as we saw the towers fall again and again , she would keep saying oh oh , oh oh, then she stood in front of the tv, blocked my view of it and turned the tv off and got me to carry on playing with her......
something about that moment made sense to me, playing with her peacefully in the garden was cathartic and somehow seemed more important than ever.

I recall the endless stories of valour and bravery. the miracles of those who did survive, the pride of the families who lost their beloved trying their best to survive and help others. The wya it brought the city together was just awesome... I recall a story of one of my great heros, robert deniro, the unofficial king of new york , feeding all the firemen at his own expense and helping raise millions , hosted documentaries and fund raisers...along with 100s of of other stars. but it was all about the people the families and the city.

I salute you today america, I salute each and every victim and brave hero who tried to help , to all the families and friends who suffered, to new york, imo still the greatest city on earth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZMO-2-xT9c

JoshBB 11-09-2014 06:44 PM

My school chose not to do the silence, but everyone did it anyway even though we got shouted at lmao

Fosse 11-09-2014 06:53 PM

That was nice to watch.

karezza 11-09-2014 07:31 PM

✈✈ █ █ ▄

Very moving. :sad:

sungrass 11-09-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules2 (Post 7260386)
No need to shut up Robo because your words are correct. Sadly it is only going to be for some as we all have our own pathways to lead. Some in fighting mode see it as their right. I look upon us as in a school and unfortunately we have to have all the classrooms to learn, for me the spirit is the true essence of life because I believe this is just the learning area. There is far more for us to experience. It is so difficult to explain without sounding a daft ha'porth. In the meantime we can all only do our best. x

Totally agree with you both
there are more good people out there! and there is a bit of good in nearly everyone! it should be nurtured
good stuff that positive thinking/prayer/gratitude