ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   James Jordan: I'm not a bully! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264924)

GiRTh 13-09-2014 01:56 PM

James Jordan: I'm not a bully!

James Jordan: I'm not a bully!

Quote:

Did you feel Gary won because it might have looked liked you all ganged up on him?

I don't know. Even my wife Ola said I bullied Gary! Honestly, that's wasn't true. I don't know what you've seen. He spat everywhere, I wiped up when he pxxxed. I even showered that man and saw things a man of my age shouldn't have to see just to help him out. I hate bullies and I know I'm not a bully.

It sounds a bit like living with an ape in a sanctuary.

As George said, we weren't in there to be a baby sitters. But I helped him because I felt sorry for the guy. That said, when he was rude, of course I was going to say "Don't be rude to me." He could be incredible unpleasant and it wasn't funny.

Any further thoughts on being the Brad Pitt of the dance world...

Oh dear. It was never my intention to say seriously I was the Brad Pitt of the dance world. That will be hanging over me for the rest of my life! Again it was my humour that was misunderstood.

Do you regret anything you've ever said....

No! What are people going to do? Sue me for my opinions?

Are you trying to be a male Katie Hopkins with your controversial views?

Not really. If people ask me for my opinion, I'm happy to give it. Take Strictly. I think the show would be better with a man and a woman presenting it. That isn't taking anything away from the brilliance of Claudia. She's witty and clever. But I loved the way, Brucie came down and danced with Tess. A man and a woman can dance elegantly together around the floor and that is what the show is about, after all. That's just my opinion.

You also said, some of the dancers are a bit beige...

It's true.

Now you aren't on Strictly. What's next for you....

(Laughs) Believe it or not, I'd love to get into presenting. I'm too quirky for the BBC but there is a show for me out there. All I need is someone to believe in me as much as I beleive in myself.
Source

Damn!!!!!. even Ola says James bullied Gary but this tw*t still doesn't see it.

Robodog 13-09-2014 02:28 PM

So saying 'i'm the brad pitt of the dance world' was yet another one of James's 'jokes' then ?

There was nothing at the time to indicate it was a joke, no humour in his tone, nor in the conversation at any point. If anything - James seemed fairly heated when trying to explain to Gary about his 'brad pitt' status and dancing achievements.

Strange how whenever someone later picks up on something James says that's either embarrassing or rude - it just so happens he was 'only joking'.

hmmmm... :think:

Spoon 13-09-2014 02:35 PM

If it was a joke, he should have said haha.

Mick 13-09-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robodog (Post 7266099)
So saying 'i'm the brad pitt of the dance world' was yet another one of James's 'jokes' then ?

There was nothing at the time to indicate it was a joke, no humour in his tone, nor in the conversation at any point. If anything - James seemed fairly heated when trying to explain to Gary about his 'brad pitt' status and dancing achievements.

Strange how whenever someone later picks up on something James says that's either embarrassing or rude - it just so happens he was 'only joking'.

hmmmm... :think:

Honesty and humour are great characteristic's for any human to have but to use them as a justification for his behaviours is shallow and sad.

RE The Brad Pitt comment he meant it and Gary did him with just four words "Who told you that"......super honk.:laugh:

icecakes 13-09-2014 02:47 PM

God help his parents if they ever get old and needy,he'll soon have them shipped of to the old peoples home,he wants to be careful,no one know's what's round the corner one small accident,he could end up needing help just to do every day things people take for granted

ThriceShy 13-09-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Even my wife Ola said I bullied Gary!
Well, if most of the british public said you bullied gary and now your own wife says that you bullied him, then perhaps it is time to accept that you bullied him.

rubberface 13-09-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 7266115)

We cant be all wrong!

Tip 13-09-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberface (Post 7266155)
We cant be all wrong!

Quite right, as our politicians prove.

Actually I don't think he was a bully - but I think Gabrielle was spot on in calling them "gits".

delta 13-09-2014 04:27 PM

You don't think he was a bully but his wife thought he was Hmm - enough said.

Unemployable cya on benefit street with the other piece of work Meatloaf Dee. Maybe they could do a sitcom together The Bullies of Benefit Street.

Tip 13-09-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delta (Post 7266262)
You don't think he was a bully but his wife thought he was Hmm - enough said.

Unemployable cya on benefit street with the other piece of work Meatloaf Dee. Maybe they could do a sitcom together The Bullies of Benefit Street.

Yep, I don't define bully the same way apparently, and maybe Gary and BB doesn't either?

I'm with a lot of other people in thinking that if you overuse the "bully" card you do a great disservice to those that are being bullied.

If Gary was genuinely being bullied then what were people doing watching it and not trying getting the program shut down?

I'm speaking as one that has been bullied and has seen bullying going on and stepped in to get it stopped, but I don't claim to be an expert.

Xtopher 13-09-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 7266115)

:joker::joker:

delta 13-09-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tip (Post 7266277)
Yep, I don't define bully the same way apparently, and maybe Gary and BB doesn't either?

I'm with a lot of other people in thinking that if you overuse the "bully" card you do a great disservice to those that are being bullied.

If Gary was genuinely being bullied then what were people doing watching it and not trying getting the program shut down?

I'm speaking as one that has been bullied and has seen bullying going on and stepped in to get it stopped, but I don't claim to be an expert.

Read this and then come back to me and see if you don't recognise his behavior in at least two of them. Sorry to hear that you were bullied and I understand what you are saying but as the article states there are so many different types of bully - I am guessing that you suffered the one that we all know?

For me it was a clear sign of bullying. He was a leader of a pack that laughed, belittled. ostracised, ridiculed a guest to this country. It was a concerted effort by two house bullies with different ways of operating to try and get him to crack. Both of these people were warned about their behavior and told in no uncertain terms that they had to change. Notice how early on in the program Bully Elliot started to 'reluctantly' help him. Not through choice. Meatloaf Dee was the same. On both occasions the ensuing help was begrudging and false.

So- clearly you bullying must have been more of the direct physical type? But for you not to recognise the above as bullying surprises me. Just to reiterate- BB did step into stop the abuse of an old man with lots of problems, the Daily Star did run a top saying the ' Most hated man in Britain" - His wife has come out and said he did bully Gary. Ofcom did receive hundreds of complaints about his mistreatment. How much evidence do you want? Oh and a large swathe of Britain thought the same.

Anyway, here you go the 6 types of bullying.

http://bullying.about.com/od/Basics/...f-Bullying.htm

Shaun 13-09-2014 04:52 PM

'too quirky for the BBC'

interesting synonym for unknown, uninteresting, unpleasant and untalented

Creggle 13-09-2014 04:55 PM

He was quite decent to Gary actions wise though.

Tip 13-09-2014 04:55 PM

@Delta

I've read all the types of bullying - you can get them to fit all kinds of situations where people are being negative about others and in conflict with them. You have to take different things into account.

I do see why you feel that definition might fit, and I'm not trying to dissuade you.

I'll never understand why people would watch this program night after night if they thought bullying was going on - it's one thing to gossip and rant about it on a forum but that's hardly really stopping bullying.

So perhaps the "bullying" wasn't that bad after all?

rusticgal 13-09-2014 05:11 PM

Presenting...:joker:....nobody wants to even see your face on TV again let alone have a speaking part.
Just go back to your teaching job where you can tell people what to do to your hearts content.

Jules2 13-09-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creggle (Post 7266321)
He was quite decent to Gary actions wise though.

Sorry no way was he decent, he pretended to help him and to bully him and then he went out and made fun of him. He didnt continue it though when Audley sat in the room with Gary, he began but then left it to Audley to talk to Gary. This was when DEE asked EDELLE and GEORGE to be quiet because Gary couldnt hear, Gary then got all the flack because he said they liked being loud. Then we get the overvamped performance of Edelle victimising herself, George telling Gary that he had been rude but hey ho off we go and off they went. Who was it Edelle was chatting to with a raised voice and telling them to be quiet etc. etc. but as she said Gary was easy pickings. Pot calling Kettle black or is it the other way around.

James was a bully and a coward in the face of Gary getting support from Audley. For one reason or another Lauren began to see the light, perhaps it was Audley putting her right and trying to get her out of the grip of that idiot DEE.

Jules2 13-09-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tip (Post 7266322)
@Delta

I've read all the types of bullying - you can get them to fit all kinds of situations where people are being negative about others and in conflict with them. You have to take different things into account.

I do see why you feel that definition might fit, and I'm not trying to dissuade you.

I'll never understand why people would watch this program night after night if they thought bullying was going on - it's one thing to gossip and rant about it on a forum but that's hardly really stopping bullying.

So perhaps the "bullying" wasn't that bad after all?

Many wrote to Offwat, there was also a Society who intervened, did it stop no. Dee got away threatening to smash his head in (or something to that effect) James got away with all his nasty inuendos, the worst one being to say that Gary should be in a dog pen. These are facts but nothing was done.

Creggle 13-09-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules2 (Post 7266344)
Sorry no way was he decent, he pretended to help him and to bully him and then he went out and made fun of him. He didnt continue it though when Audley sat in the room with Gary, he began but then left it to Audley to talk to Gary. This was when DEE asked EDELLE and GEORGE to be quiet because Gary coudnt hear, Gary then got all the flack because he said they liked being loud. Then we get the overvamped performance of Edelle victimising herself, George telling Gary that he had been rude but hey ho off we go and off they went. Who was it Edelle was chatting to with a raised voice and telling them to be quiet etc. etc. but as she said Gary was easy pickings. Pot calling Kettle black or is it the other way around.

James was a bully and a coward in the face of Gary getting support from Audley. For one reason or another Lauren began to see the light, perhaps it was Audley putting her right and trying to get her out of the grip of that idiot DEE.

He still did alot for Gary

Liam- 13-09-2014 05:24 PM

I didn't see anyone else helping Gary into the shower, apart from James and Audley, i didn't see anyone participate in deep conversation with Gary apart from James and Audley, i didn't see any sort of bullying whatsoever, just a group of people who had a justifiable disdain for one person because of their behaviour, James might have bitched and moaned about Gary behind his back, but that doesn't and shouldn't take away from everything he did for Gary, if it was truly bullying, something would have been done about it.

Jules2 13-09-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tip (Post 7266277)

I have been watching it since the beginning and have come to the conclusion that it would be a good idea to have it closed down, perhaps some should look into it for the sake of the oncoming youngsters. There are many who think the same and if they arent careful it will come to fruition.

Jamesy 13-09-2014 05:28 PM

George kinda had a point with his comment that they weren't in there to be baby sitters. They were all paid to be entertainers for 4 weeks, not take care of an old man. Sure they all need to take care of each other anyway, although the help and assistance needed to live with Gary none of them signed up for. I know I would have gotten annoyed living with Gary when that wasn't stated in my contract.

I blame the producers tbh for allowing a man with mental disabilities into the house.

Jules2 13-09-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamPRW (Post 7266355)
I didn't see anyone else helping Gary into the shower, apart from James and Audley, i didn't see anyone participate in deep conversation with Gary apart from James and Audley, i didn't see any sort of bullying whatsoever, just a group of people who had a justifiable disdain for one person because of their behaviour, James might have bitched and moaned about Gary behind his back, but that doesn't and shouldn't take away from everything he did for Gary, if it was truly bullying, something would have been done about it.

If someone does something for anyone it should be done with a good heart and not with the intention of going outside and stirring the pot for this is what James did. When he went into the DR he moreorless told them that Gary was going to be ostricised but they were clever and gave him credit for something which he didnt deserve. They then asked him to make sure Gary wasnt, thus he began his preaching, preening but continued his spuddling.

Tip 13-09-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules2 (Post 7266348)
Many wrote to Offwat, there was also a Society who intervened, did it stop no. Dee got away threatening to smash his head in (or something to that effect) James got away with all his nasty inuendos, the worst one being to say that Gary should be in a dog pen. These are facts but nothing was done.

These "facts" didn't stop people watching it all night after night - they don't want BBs viewing figures to be affected or something?

BB had stated that they were monitoring the situation regarding Gary, and did warn Stephanie for bullying.

I'm saying that without the full picture of what is going on, maybe it really wasn't quite the way some people are interpreting it.

I didn't see it as bullying but I do accept that people were being nasty "gits".

Don't support the program if you think it is permitting bullying?

Edited to add: I wrote this without seeing a post above. If you are now "thinking" about not watching this program I guess that's something, but do you regret watching this series now?

Liam- 13-09-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules2 (Post 7266360)
If someone does something for anyone it should be done with a good heart and not with the intention of going outside and stirring the pot for this is what James did. When he went into the DR he moreorless told them that Gary was going to be ostricised but they were clever and gave him credit for something which he didnt deserve. They then asked him to make sure Gary wasnt, thus he began his preaching, preening but continued his spuddling.

A good thing is a good thing, in my eyes it makes him an even better man for going out of his way to help someone he didn't like tbh.