ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   Viacom plans to share more content across it's network. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265754)

zakman440 02-10-2014 03:57 PM

Viacom plans to share more content across it's network.

Quote:

Neighbours, Catfish: The TV Show, Gotham and Celebrity Big Brother are among the high-profile shows set to benefit from Viacom International Media Networks’ purchase of Channel 5.

The US giant has quickly drawn up plans to move content around its portfolio of pay and free-to-air channels, and to exploit the cross-promotion opportunities that have been created by the £450m deal.

Early plans include C5’s Australian soaps Neighbours and Home And Away being repeated in omnibuses on free-to-air music and entertainment channel Viva. The channel’s current shows include Scrubs and The Inbetweeners USA.

One of the formats that C5 will get in return is the first series of MTV hit Catfish: The TV Show, which will air on one of the terrestrial broadcaster’s digital channels.

The US format is based on a documentary film of the same name and investigates online relationships with questions over the identity of one of the parties.

MTV UK asked Renegade Pictures to pilot a UK version of the show last year, but it was not commissioned for a full series after casting difficulties.

The channel has also begun to trail Gotham, the much-anticipated Batman prequel that C5 acquired from Warner Bros International Television Distribution in August. The drama will premiere later this month.

It is also expected that MTV News will continue to carry items on high-profi le C5 shows, such as Celebrity Big Brother. C5 content is being plugged across other Viacom channels and it is likely the terrestrial broadcaster will reciprocate when brands such as Geordie Shore debut.

Another show that could be played on C5 is MTV’s Ex On The Beach. The Whizz Kid Entertainment dating format, which sends participants on a luxury beach break and then parachutes in their former lovers, will not make the move over to C5 as quickly as Catfish because of MTV’s exclusivity arrangements with Sky.

The thinking behind the strategy is that Viacom will use its extended channel portfolio to wring value out of content.

Last month, Broadcast reported plans to co-commission across MTV and C5, when the two channels announced The Garden’s immersive reality format 10,000 BC as their first shared project.

The show, which is produced in association with GroupM Entertainment, will follow 20 men and women as they give up modern comforts to live in a Stone Age-style community. It will air as a 10 x 60-minute series on C5 and a 5 x 60-minute series on MTV.

Nickelodeon is also linking up with C5’s pre-school block Milkshake! on animated series Nella The Knight, while Comedy Central plans to co-develop projects with C5 in the future.

Separately, Viacom president and chief executive Philippe Dauman is poised to visit the UK next week, when he will share his strategy for C5 at a Broadcasting Press Guild event in London.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadc...ontentID=42816
Exciting, but I wonder what it might mean for BBBOTS.

Marsh. 02-10-2014 04:26 PM

Riveting. :idc:

Headie 02-10-2014 04:54 PM

Can they put Live Feed on MTV Live or something pls

Jamesy 02-10-2014 07:32 PM

lol at just a mention of CBB and ignoring civilian BB.

Gusto Brunt 03-10-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesy (Post 7303309)
lol at just a mention of CBB and ignoring civilian BB.

They might axe it.

Cal. 04-10-2014 01:05 PM

Eugh, not here for them utilizing their channels for everything besides BB. I bet BB and CBB will stay the same.

Jarrod 04-10-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 7304140)
They might axe it.

It won't be axed, I think it's just because Celebrity Big Brother is next up that they mention it.

daniel-lewis-1985 04-10-2014 05:20 PM

I was expecting a lot more tbh.

Not impressed that Catfish the tv show and Milkshake are the talking points here.

With a tv company as current and vibrant as Viacom I was expecting to hear about new shows that differed from the usual Channel 5 we have seen the last 3 years.

Neighbours being repeated on Viva? If that's what made the announcement then I don't expect much changes I would have hoped a BB spin off show and repeats of BB on MTV ect would be far more profitable and bring in a wider audience to Channel 5.

MTV and VIVA are the perfect channels to repeat BB and I would love to see a kind of "what the housemates did next" type of show which aired for 5 days every week following each evictee up until the winner then have a BB winners week.

Jamesy 04-10-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 7304140)
They might axe it.

Nah they won't. Despite BB15 not doing that well Ben Frow has made it clear they are still happy with the steady figures. They have literally no reason to axe it at this point.

mrmattybeck1 29-10-2014 07:53 AM

Almost 2 months till cbb and not a word from c5 or Viacom on its future interesting times ahead

mrmattybeck1 29-10-2014 07:54 AM

Viacom seem to care more for spongebob as well

michael21 29-10-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmattybeck1 (Post 7348166)
Almost 2 months till cbb and not a word from c5 or Viacom on its future interesting times ahead

there been some news just yesterday that cbb will be the longest yet 5 weeks normal 21 days but this cbb will be 35 days

lostalex 29-10-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmattybeck1 (Post 7348168)
Viacom seem to care more for spongebob as well

Spongebob is nice.

mrmattybeck1 29-10-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael21 (Post 7348247)
there been some news just yesterday that cbb will be the longest yet 5 weeks normal 21 days but this cbb will be 35 days

Just rumours for now until we get confirmation I won't believe any of this yet

Firewire 29-10-2014 12:18 PM

EMAs will air on channel 5 live on 9th November

Cal. 29-10-2014 01:11 PM

Hope we do actually get confirmation soon.

Marsh. 30-10-2014 12:04 AM

So CBB gets..... a news mention on a digital channel. Woop de fookin doo.

iRyan 30-10-2014 06:29 AM

I'm worried they're going to cancel civillian BB.

andybigbro 30-10-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRyan (Post 7350491)
I'm worried they're going to cancel civillian BB.

Me too :worry: