ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2014 [S11] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=656)
-   -   Only the Young have to be careful with song choice (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266248)

alex_front2 13-10-2014 11:41 AM

Only the Young have to be careful with song choice

Under Louis cheesy tutelage they can go from decent to cheesy as Mel B stated. Louis wrecked MK1 a few years back and can strike again. I love the fact we have a mixed group. However one day you can be Clean Bandit or Black Eye Peas the next you're Steps or SClub 7. They really need to think about what's in the charts and what sells, they need to be less smiley wiley and a bit more edgy as Tulisa pointed out. Also brunette guy and stunning blonde girl have best voices.

Picking Elvis and Beatles in a week where the theme was no 1s was stupid as they should always veer towards modern ie 2013 onwards if they theme allows, next week is 1980s so they have missed chance to do something ueber contemporary, unless they do a modern twist etc. :nono:

Sophiee 13-10-2014 11:49 AM

I thought their performance was excellent this week and part of the appeal of it was because they modernized a couple of classic old songs.

Liam- 13-10-2014 11:51 AM

I loved their performance on Saturday, everyone else, apart from Andrea and Ben, did predictable song choices, their performance was one of my favourites of the weekend, they don't need to do modern songs to be good.

Locke. 13-10-2014 12:16 PM

They seem to be doing EVERYTHING themselves going by what was said on saturday night, Louis has no input on them at all. Maybe he will now that he is only down to 2 acts, but hopefully not.

Black Dagger 13-10-2014 12:18 PM

The thing is, on the show they were saying how they always do music like that, but on youtube all their covers are current, so it didn't add up.

I hope they do well though, I really like them.

Marsh. 13-10-2014 12:38 PM

Claire from Steps shade? :fist:

Z 13-10-2014 12:48 PM

I think there's a gap in the market for them, if they get the support to reach the latter stages of the competition then I can see them being launched successfully.

joeysteele 13-10-2014 01:57 PM

I don't agree.
Actually they made those old songs sound fresh and almost new, they chose those songs and this is what they like to do as well as modern songs as well.
It is actually refreshing to get an act bring in these older songs and also more to the point,they will be the only ones doing that likely.

That can make them stand out for the right reasons rather than the wrong ones.
They have to do an 80s song this week anyway but I hope they continue on that road they went on for the first final.

They could yet become the surprise success of this years X Factor.

alex_front2 13-10-2014 02:01 PM

I like them, but worried Louis has no clue.

GypsyGoth 13-10-2014 02:05 PM

They're smart and talented, I don't see them potentially being in trouble, now that they got by the first week, for at least another three shows. There is still some deadwood to be gotten rid off.