ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Who lives in Manchester? What is it like? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266542)

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 21-10-2014 12:41 AM

Who lives in Manchester? What is it like?

Ugh I'm so indecisive right now. I want to move to Manchester because everything seems so cheap but what is life like there? Quiet? As culturally diverse? Culturally accepting? Good activities all around? Good night life?

Help!

Marsh. 21-10-2014 12:45 AM

Where do you live at the moment?

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 21-10-2014 01:02 AM

London. I was thinking about Rochdale.

Kizzy 21-10-2014 01:04 AM

Leeds! come to Leeds :D Manchester is rough and Rochdale is full of kiddy fiddlers.

Black Dagger 21-10-2014 01:08 AM

Manchester is lovely :idc:

I'm just outside of it but I'm still a token Manc, Annie will give a better perspective of those questions tho. But nightlife has always been lively, some decent clubs and bars about, you'll get the odd dickhead but it's expected. Just like you'll get the odd dickhead who isn't culturally accepting but it's definitely diverse, it's one of the largest cities in the UK, it's to be expected :laugh:

Depends what sort of activities you are into, has decent shopping centres, museums etc.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 21-10-2014 01:15 AM

^^You're making it sound quite lively. I'll be honest I have this idea that it would be a quiet city, not as full or lively as London.

I love a good museum, galleries. Any creative activities. Not really a huge fan of shopping, as long as there are decent clothes shop though that's all I need. I mostly shop online nowadays anyway. :laugh:
What is attracting me more than anything is that you can get good size, clean studio flat for around £475 bills inclusive I was like what??????????:conf: I can actually work, earn and live not just spend all money on bills and council tax?:conf:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 7332657)
Leeds! come to Leeds :D Manchester is rough and Rochdale is full of kiddy fiddlers.

:laugh: Never even considered Leeds. What do you love about Leeds? Is it cheap?

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 21-10-2014 01:31 AM

come to brazil

Bluerang1 21-10-2014 01:45 AM

London > Earth

Kizzy 21-10-2014 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithinkiloveyoutoo (Post 7332665)
^^You're making it sound quite lively. I'll be honest I have this idea that it would be a quiet city, not as full or lively as London.

I love a good museum, galleries. Any creative activities. Not really a huge fan of shopping, as long as there are decent clothes shop though that's all I need. I mostly shop online nowadays anyway. :laugh:
What is attracting me more than anything is that you can get good size, clean studio flat for around £475 bills inclusive I was like what??????????:conf: I can actually work, earn and live not just spend all money on bills and council tax?:conf:

:laugh: Never even considered Leeds. What do you love about Leeds? Is it cheap?

It's cheaper than London :laugh: Seriously it's a great place you'll love it have a look.
http://www.visitleeds.co.uk/

Ammi 21-10-2014 04:43 AM

..I think it's the law that if you live in Manchester, you have to become a fan of football..ya'll ready for this, CeeCee......

AnnieK 21-10-2014 05:36 AM

Well......being Manc and proud as I am, I'd say come to Manchester. Parts are rough yes, but not all of it but so is anywhere.

We have some amazing museums and a lot of them are free to get in, libraries, theatres, it is very culturally diverse....the night life is everything you could want...it can be as crazy as you like or as cool.

Now, I probably wouldn't live in Rochdale though....it's a fair trek outside the city centre plus it is quite rough in parts. If you were looking for somwhere outside Manchester that is cheaper to live, I would suggest somewhere like Bury...it's just been through an urban renewal so has a fantastic town centre with great shops, bars etc but is a 20 minute tram ride from Manchester but still pretty cheap to rent there. Somewhere else quite cool is Chorlton, it's quite studenty but the nightlife there is cool. It's almost like being in another country, lots of little bars and restaurants where you can sit outside, listen to jazz, funk, pretty much anything and it's also really pretty....

Having said all that, Leeds is pretty cool too....just the wrong side of the Pennines for me :laugh:

Plus if you come to Manchester you HAVE to become a lifelong Manchester United fan

Ammi 21-10-2014 05:39 AM

..:amazed:...Trip Annievisor report rating 9.5/10...

AnnieK 21-10-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 7332705)
..:amazed:...Trip Annievisor report rating 9.5/10...

:laugh: :love:

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 21-10-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 7332695)
..I think it's the law that if you live in Manchester, you have to become a fan of football..ya'll ready for this, CeeCee......

Yeah no way. Or i'll just pretend to make life easier for myself. :laugh:

Locke. 21-10-2014 06:38 PM

Well pretty much all Northern cities are better than London so it is worth getting out of there asap

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 21-10-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 7332695)

Yeah no way. Or i'll just pretend to make life easier for myself. :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 7332704)
Well......being Manc and proud as I am, I'd say come to Manchester. Parts are rough yes, but not all of it but so is anywhere.

We have some amazing museums and a lot of them are free to get in, libraries, theatres, it is very culturally diverse....the night life is everything you could want...it can be as crazy as you like or as cool.

Now, I probably wouldn't live in Rochdale though....it's a fair trek outside the city centre plus it is quite rough in parts. If you were looking for somwhere outside Manchester that is cheaper to live, I would suggest somewhere like Bury...it's just been through an urban renewal so has a fantastic town centre with great shops, bars etc but is a 20 minute tram ride from Manchester but still pretty cheap to rent there. Somewhere else quite cool is Chorlton, it's quite studenty but the nightlife there is cool. It's almost like being in another country, lots of little bars and restaurants where you can sit outside, listen to jazz, funk, pretty much anything and it's also really pretty....

Having said all that, Leeds is pretty cool too....just the wrong side of the Pennines for me :laugh:

Plus if you come to Manchester you HAVE to become a lifelong Manchester United fan

Thanks for the reply Annie. I'll look into Bury too then definitely. The only reason I suggested Rochdale is because there is a job there that I wanted to apply for but other than that i'm open to any areas to are nice and easy access to town. Thanks again it helped. :dance:

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 21-10-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 7333380)
Well pretty much all Northern cities are better than London so it is worth getting out of there asap

Thanks Locke.

Braden 21-10-2014 06:43 PM

I've been to Manchester twice for a city-break type holiday, so my thoughts may be a little worthless. :laugh: But tbh Manchester is a fantastic city and I loved my visits, I really want to back one day.

It's a busy city but I think it would be a good place to settle down. Oh, and the shopping centre is beyond amazing...probably the best I've ever been to.

Withano 21-10-2014 06:44 PM

Only ever gone to Manchester to get drunk. Its pretty ****ing fun

MTVN 21-10-2014 06:46 PM

Seems to be a pretty dead city if the Etihad is anything to go by, am I right Lucas?

Black Dagger 21-10-2014 06:48 PM

Oh **** off and go and do some knitting :fist:

Daniel. 21-10-2014 06:50 PM

I don;t live there but I love it :love:

Drew. 21-10-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 7333397)
Seems to be a pretty dead city if the Etihad is anything to go by, am I right Lucas?

Producing the goods tonight Matt

Black Dagger 21-10-2014 06:53 PM

EMPTIHAD BANTAAAAAAA.

Posting like GeniusFootball isn't anything to be proud of.

Locke. 21-10-2014 06:58 PM

An empty stadium's nothing to be proud of either