ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Taxi firm in Rochdale offers white drivers on demand (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266591)

arista 22-10-2014 10:04 AM

Taxi firm in Rochdale offers white drivers on demand

They call him for a Local Driver
thats code for a honky etc.

[Taxi firm in Rochdale offers white drivers on demand after two of
Pakistani origin were jailed for sex-grooming of girls in town
Minicab firm Car 2000 says customers are asking for white or 'local' drivers
Firm bought out Eagle Taxis which was at the centre of grooming scandal
Two drivers of Pakistani origin were jailed for part in sex trafficking & rape
Labour MP Simon Danczuk has branded development 'extremely worrying' ]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3GrnwRHu7

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...e_Car_2000.JPG

Sign Of The Times

Northern Monkey 22-10-2014 10:44 AM

That's been happening years.I've heard loads of people ask for a white driver when ordering a taxi on the phone.Nothing new really.

lostalex 22-10-2014 10:46 AM

aslong as they also are accommodating if they request a black driver, i don't see a problem.

Nedusa 22-10-2014 11:34 AM

What *******ing difference does it make what race the Taxi driver is as long as they are safe drivers.

This , I'm afraid is pure racism and should not be pandered to. Anyone making requests of this type should be blacklisted by ALL taxi firms.

arista 22-10-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 7334592)
aslong as they also are accommodating if they request a black driver, i don't see a problem.

Yes the owner confirmed
some call for a Asian Driver.

Ref : radio 5

lostalex 22-10-2014 01:04 PM

Which race is the business owner? no one says if he is black or white himself?? are we meant to assume he is is white?

I would never request a certain race, it woun't even occur to me to request as certain race.

Can i request a hot gay boy?

a hot black boy would be okay with me :)

Livia 22-10-2014 01:28 PM

If someone wants an Asian driver I don't have a problem with them asking and one being provided. I don't see that anyone would have a problem with it. The problem here is they're asking for a white driver so they've GOT to be racist, right?

Would it be sexist for me to request a female driver? No... what's the difference?

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 22-10-2014 01:33 PM

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

It's wrong on both parts. Unfortunately Pakistanies and the like can't complain because how many times when looking for somewhere to live they flat out told me with pride that the landlord prefers pakistani or indian tenants.

I've never seen any other race though ask specifically for a certain race only though I could be wrong.

arista 22-10-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 7334815)
Which race is the business owner? no one says if he is black or white himself?? are we meant to assume he is is white?

I would never request a certain race, it woun't even occur to me to request as certain race.

Can i request a hot gay boy?

a hot black boy would be okay with me :)

He is a White Local

arista 22-10-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 7334857)
If someone wants an Asian driver I don't have a problem with them asking and one being provided. I don't see that anyone would have a problem with it. The problem here is they're asking for a white driver so they've GOT to be racist, right?

Would it be sexist for me to request a female driver? No... what's the difference?

Yes

but they use the term "local"
that means honky

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 22-10-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 7334904)
Yes

that means honky

White people have a larger history of being racist all over the world that's why it's easier to pin the word racist on them when things like this happen.

arista 22-10-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithinkiloveyoutoo (Post 7334909)
White people have a larger history of being racist all over the world that's why it's easier to pin the word racist on them when things like this happen.

Yes we need Ch4HDNews
to give us the Law and the Taxi Firm Boss answer

Kazanne 22-10-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 7334857)

Agreed Livia we pay the fare so surely we can ask for a driver of our choice.

Liam- 22-10-2014 04:12 PM

I don't really see why it matters what religion or race the driver is as long as they get you to your destination safely :shrug:

arista 22-10-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamPRW (Post 7335110)
I don't really see why it matters what religion or race the driver is as long as they get you to your destination safely :shrug:

Yes but this was the Firm that had the Asian Drivers
that raped children, (The Rochdale Case)
there is a New Owner now
he understands why they may want local drivers only.

Livia 22-10-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 7334904)
Yes

that means honky

I'm not sure 'honky' is a term that is acceptable to describe white people, arista.

MTVN 22-10-2014 04:21 PM

Dangerous path to go down when it's suddenly considered a customer right to select the race of their driver. Does it then become their 'right' to refuse to be served by a black man in a shop?

I get that racial tensions are high in the area in light of recent events but this isn't a solution

arista 22-10-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 7335123)
I'm not sure 'honky' is a term that is acceptable to describe white people, arista.

Yes I just find it Funny.

It appears it is Breaking Laws
so I expect it to be on this weeks Question Time

JoshBB 22-10-2014 04:27 PM

ugh racism is actually growing :( society is going backwards

Livia 22-10-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBB (Post 7335141)
ugh racism is actually growing :( society is going backwards

Says the person who said that Jews are all rich and run all the banks.

bitontheslide 22-10-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 7335125)
Dangerous path to go down when it's suddenly considered a customer right to select the race of their driver. Does it then become their 'right' to refuse to be served by a black man in a shop?

I get that racial tensions are high in the area in light of recent events but this isn't a solution

Its already common practice for women taxi drivers to be requested rather than men for certain passengers, that could/should be considered discrimination. The definitions all get clouded when multiple factors are involved

LeatherTrumpet 22-10-2014 05:13 PM

If I was a woman in such a place i would be asking for a white English driver too.

dead straight

LeatherTrumpet 22-10-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 7335143)
Says the person who said that Jews are all rich and run all the banks.

:joker:

LeatherTrumpet 22-10-2014 05:15 PM

http://markbraggins.com/wp-content/u...33-300x214.png

LT's Cabs

Local drivers for Local People

No Irish

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 22-10-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 7335219)
If I was a woman in such a place i would be asking for a white English driver too.

dead straight

Ugh those white women! Such priviledge! JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!