ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2014 [S11] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=656)
-   -   If Andrea ever found himself in bottom 2 sing-off... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266848)

LukeB 28-10-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 7346541)
They won't be bottom two together if the fans keep voting.

i think lauren/fleur/ben/andrea will be final 4

(I assume they will be a final 4, like 2010)

Vanessa 28-10-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 7346543)
i think lauren/fleur/ben/andrea will be final 4

(I assume they will be a final 4, like 2010)

Ben, i'm not sure. Simon just doesn't get him at all. :sad:

Liam- 28-10-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 7346542)
I think so, because technically Andrea is a better singer.

Correct.

Liam- 28-10-2014 12:18 PM

Jay will be in the top 4 instead of Ben i reckon.

Vanessa 28-10-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamPRW (Post 7346550)
Jay will be in the top 4 instead of Ben i reckon.

:bawling:

Mystic Mock 28-10-2014 04:26 PM

Ben's gonna come in the 7th to 9th places I think.

Amy Jade 28-10-2014 04:34 PM

Lauren is technically the better singer. Andrea is a great shouter but he's messed up a few times now starting his songs and keeping in key. Apart from Lauren once letting emotion get to her has been flawless.

LukeB 28-10-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StupidHoe (Post 7347089)
Lauren is technically the better singer. Andrea is a great shouter but he's messed up a few times now starting his songs and keeping in key. Apart from Lauren once letting emotion get to her has been flawless.

we agree on something

Mystic Mock 28-10-2014 04:38 PM

Lauren's been an interesting performer at the lives, I suggest for her to stick with songs with no big diva notes, or songs that go too high as her voice is quite deep for an XF female contestant.

She's definitely been my favourite at the lives so far as she gives me the most striking performances when given the right song choices.

Mystic Mock 28-10-2014 04:38 PM

Lauren's been an interesting performer at the lives, I suggest for her to stick with songs with no big diva notes, or songs that go too high as her voice is quite deep for an XF female contestant.

She's definitely been my favourite at the lives so far as she gives me the most striking performances when given the right song choices.

Vanessa 28-10-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 7347102)

I don't think she's the best singer though. Last week showed she has limitations to her voice. I think Andrea has a bigger range.

Mystic Mock 28-10-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 7347131)
I don't think she's the best singer though. Last week showed she has limitations to her voice. I think Andrea has a bigger range.

But every singer has limitations, well they should do unless they're a karaoke act, Lauren struggles on diva songs, and Andrea struggles on songs that doesn't allow him to go all manic on stage, Ben struggles on Folk/Indie style songs as his voice isn't very laid back.

Vanessa 28-10-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 7347138)
But every singer has limitations, well they should do unless they're a karaoke act, Lauren struggles on diva songs, and Andrea struggles on songs that doesn't allow him to go all manic on stage, Ben struggles on Folk/Indie style songs as his voice isn't very laid back.

Yeah, i suppose. But Andrea can sing more than ballads. He just hasn't had the chance to show it.

Vicky. 28-10-2014 05:57 PM

The singoff is useless anyway. They never pick based on that

Vanessa 28-10-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 7347237)

True.

Toy Soldier 28-10-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 7347237)

"Looking at who has the most potential going forward..."

That's Simon's stock phrase. Basically admitting that it's about who he thinks has more to give in later weeks, and nothing to do with the sing off (or their performances from the Saturday).

Mystic Mock 28-10-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 7347230)
Yeah, i suppose. But Andrea can sing more than ballads. He just hasn't had the chance to show it.

I know, but Mel B would have to give him a manic uptempo like Let Me Entertain You by Robbie Williams, or Thriller by Michael Jackson, I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness, or Grace Kelly by Mika.

alex_front2 28-10-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 7346542)
I think so, because technically Andrea is a better singer.

Hmmm, you're Simon Cowell: Do you keep pretty very marketable 17 year old with a very commercial now voice who has consistently been in top 2 on iTunes [higher than Andrea last 2 weeks despite him pulling out all stops with Diva songs] or do you go for ueber camp male, some young female buyers find weird and creepy who sings female/diva tunes who can't make popularity with mums and grans anticipating a Celine covers Mother's Day album translate into consistent real world iTunes sales, decisions decions :joker:

Let's be honest, even die hard Andrea supporters when they take their rose tinted specs off and look at it from a cold light of day real world music industry point of view and not a "who can technically hold the longest note" competition, know Lauren ultimately WILL do better than Andrea irregardless of how much Andrea strains contorting his face to convey emotion and sing unnecessary "runs". Even the unlikely niche camp unsexy sensitive chubby gay guy with a big voice niche has been taken. Sam Smith says hi :joker:

Vicky. 28-10-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 7347421)
"Looking at who has the most potential going forward..."

That's Simon's stock phrase. Basically admitting that it's about who he thinks has more to give in later weeks, and nothing to do with the sing off (or their performances from the Saturday).

Unless they are gunna save the one who was actually better in the singoff but usually quite crap...then its 'well I HAVE to chose based on this performance alone' :bored:

Vanessa 29-10-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 7347924)
I know, but Mel B would have to give him a manic uptempo like Let Me Entertain You by Robbie Williams, or Thriller by Michael Jackson, I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness, or Grace Kelly by Mika.

He can definetely sing those, but Mel would never give him those songs sadly. :bawling:

Vanessa 29-10-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 7347927)
Hmmm, you're Simon Cowell: Do you keep pretty very marketable 17 year old with a very commercial now voice who has consistently been in top 2 on iTunes [higher than Andrea last 2 weeks despite him pulling out all stops with Diva songs] or do you go for ueber camp male, some young female buyers find weird and creepy who sings female/diva tunes who can't make popularity with mums and grans anticipating a Celine covers Mother's Day album translate into consistent real world iTunes sales, decisions decions :joker:

Let's be honest, even die hard Andrea supporters when they take their rose tinted specs off and look at it from a cold light of day real world music industry point of view and not a "who can technically hold the longest note" competition, know Lauren ultimately WILL do better than Andrea irregardless of how much Andrea strains contorting his face to convey emotion and sing unnecessary "runs". Even the unlikely niche camp unsexy sensitive chubby gay guy with a big voice niche has been taken. Sam Smith says hi :joker:

His voice is incredible. His look can be worked on.

Adamw92 31-10-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamPRW (Post 7346539)
And if they were there together for some bizarre, unknown reason, then Andrea would walk it :hehe:

...No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 7347927)

Pretty much this. Andrea may have the stronger voice but theres little to no commerical appeal to him. Lauren has the look, the commerical appeal and a strong enough voice to save her if she's ever in a sing-off.

Liam- 31-10-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamw92 (Post 7352181)
...No.

Your opinion.. but Andrea would destroy Lauren in a sing off.

alex_front2 01-11-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 7348208)
His voice is incredible. His look can be worked on.

Andrea just doesn't have a career. As I said Sam Smith has the chubby sensitive angst gay balladeer schtick covered :joker:

Liam- 01-11-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 7353136)
Andrea just doesn't have a career. As I said Sam Smith has the chubby sensitive angst gay balladeer schtick covered :joker:

Why are you always placing people into pidgeon holes? It's a bit rude.

Plus, Sam Smith isn't even chubby.. And Andrea can work on the way he looks, even though he doesn't need to.