ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2014 [S11] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=656)
-   -   Was Andrea actually in bottom 3 last night (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267035)

alex_front2 02-11-2014 07:16 AM

Was Andrea actually in bottom 3 last night

Even I was in shock when Dermot failed to call Andrea's name as safe. I had anticipated Jack v Lola so when Dermot announced Andrea was in bottom 3 I was a bit WTF. Why add him to bottom 3 when he previously had been a fav, surely it was obviously between Jack and Lola? Why add Andrea, unless he really was 3rd from bottom. Then Dermot said, it's not really a bottom 3 and told a saved Andrea "see you next week" [ bizarre seeing as there's another vote on Sunday].

Wouldn't it have been better more dramatic and more plausible to hav SK, Paul or Stevi in bottom 3 instead of our golden Italian? Andrea blatantly was not going to get lowest, even I as a fervant Andrea "hater" can see that :shrug:

Marc 02-11-2014 08:23 AM

He said it wasn't the B3

Cal. 02-11-2014 08:53 AM

Jack was the only one there who received the fewest votes. The other 2 weren't really in the B3.

Marc 02-11-2014 09:23 AM

We can hope Lola was B2 though

alex_front2 02-11-2014 09:59 AM

But it just creates impression that Lola and Andrea just scrapped through. Dermot should have just said to all whilst standing there "the act with fewest votes and therefore leaving XF tonight is....Jack".

Vicky. 02-11-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 7354787)
We can hope Lola was B2 though

Even if she was I dont think she will be in the bottom tonight as her fans will panic and vote more thinking that the bottom 3 was the real bottom 3

Raph 02-11-2014 10:37 AM

It was probably to ensure Andrea's safety as after that, his fans would be more inclined to vote. The producers seem to adore him for some strange reason.

LukeB 02-11-2014 10:40 AM

I don't think lola was either alex, i have a feeling she is safe even though i just voted for her 4 times

Cal. 02-11-2014 10:43 AM

Dermot clearly said it wasn't the real bottom 3, therefore meaning Lola and Andrea weren't in the bottom 3.

Raph 02-11-2014 10:43 AM

I voted all 5 of my free votes for Jack too :(

Raph 02-11-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Is She? (Post 7354815)
Dermot clearly said it wasn't the real bottom 3, therefore meaning Lola and Andrea weren't in the bottom 3.

Well, it means that one of those three weren't. The real bottom three could've been e.g. Jack, Stevi and Andrea - but with Lola in the mix it wouldn't have been the real bottom three regardless of whether Jack and Andrea had been there, if that makes sense

LukeB 02-11-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raph (Post 7354817)
I voted all 5 of my free votes for Jack too :(

I voted jack and lola 2 times and lauren once(free votes)

Then i got my mums phone and used all her 5 votes for jack! She was not happy she wanted them for andrea :laugh: but i voted better

Cal. 02-11-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raph (Post 7354818)
Well, it means that one of those three weren't. The real bottom three could've been e.g. Jack, Stevi and Andrea - but with Lola in the mix it wouldn't have been the real bottom three regardless of whether Jack and Andrea had been there, if that makes sense

Hmm, true. Maybe she was in the bottom 2, but I'm hoping that Jack was the only one who was in the bottom 3.

alex_front2 02-11-2014 10:54 AM

For the next elimination Paul is 2nd fav to go, despite being one of the early saves by Dermot, so his fans will be complacent, whilst Lola fans being "warned" about being in bottom 2 will vote . Grrrrrrr.

Cal. 02-11-2014 11:00 AM

Why do people not want Lola in it? She's got an amazing voice, I don't see why people are so eager to see her go.

joeysteele 02-11-2014 11:15 AM

I very much doubt it but sadly,he was made to look a joke act last night. Okay the theme was halloween but this guy has an amazing voice and does not need gimmicks that detract from rather than enhance his performance.

alex_front2 02-11-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Is She? (Post 7354832)
Why do people not want Lola in it? She's got an amazing voice, I don't see why people are so eager to see her go.

She has zero marketability which is more important for females than just a good voice. Ben Howard and George Ezra are barely recognised, groucy and not really hunks and yet they have #1 and #8 albums in charts (nor are Ed Sheeran #3 and Sam Smith #6)

Females can't do this they have to either be sexy or cutesy or have a good looking girl next door persone, Lola is a bit too frumpy girl next door. Adele is a 1 off. Lauren is the one Cowell wants and Lola (judging by her crappy Crazy Gnarls Barclay song) is being thrown well and truely under the bus.

Liam- 02-11-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Is She? (Post 7354832)

Her voice is awful, she's boring, she doesn't connect with the vast majority of audiences, she has no charisma or stage presence whatsoever.. I myself, see nothing good about her.

LeatherTrumpet 02-11-2014 12:29 PM

he should have been just for the look

erinp5 02-11-2014 12:33 PM

Dermot did say they were not the bottom ,he was left there to add drama and shock to the show ....epic fail as we know he is a fav...... if not thee fav .

Cal. 02-11-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 7354884)
She has zero marketability which is more important for females than just a good voice. Ben Howard and George Ezra are barely recognised, groucy and not really hunks and yet they have #1 and #8 albums in charts (nor are Ed Sheeran #3 and Sam Smith #6)

Females can't do this they have to either be sexy or cutesy or have a good looking girl next door persone, Lola is a bit too frumpy girl next door. Adele is a 1 off. Lauren is the one Cowell wants and Lola (judging by her crappy Crazy Gnarls Barclay song) is being thrown well and truely under the bus.

That's not her fault she's being thrown under the bus, why should she go just because they're not working on her? She should be worked on throughout the show to gain marketability, that's what the show is all about - people going on a journey to become an artist.