ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Soaps (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   gaydale - gaystreet - are soaps overplaying the gay character ? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268515)

waterhog 10-12-2014 08:09 AM

gaydale - gaystreet - are soaps overplaying the gay character ?

gaydale - gaystreet - are soaps overplaying the gay character ? 10.12.14

is it the air flow
or is the animal the attract
because there is allot of "muff diving" and "blow"
its highlighting the "gay agenda" to be exact.
when i first found emmerdale
it was like seeing the "pyramids" in "Egypt"
zero to one hundred was the scale
heart breaking was seeing "Jackson" as a paraplegic.
arron was younger
he had to be out written
now he is back with hunger
this time its a bisexual that's smitten.
will Robert confide
could his wife tally
will she find out he lied
no one better to expose then "ruby" or "Ali".
you are the best soap factually
as you can see i adore emmerdale
i disagree there is only "one gay in the village" factually
now corri is introducing a vicar to jump on the Gay scale.

( i never used to watch emmerdale when robert was in it, but he is proving to bring very controversial story's to the farm and i am liking it. just wondered does anyone feel they are over or underplaying the gay character gay story lines or dose the reader feel no soap actually truly represents gay people ? love the fact we have a new fish in corri but hate the fact it is going to give Sean aka anthony rotten more screen play as he is truly a vile person. or am i wrong about him ? reply's would be appreciated if they rhyme and i am so grateful for your past poem reply's. they brighten up my day and are of top class. )

Kizzy 10-12-2014 08:12 AM

I think the gay man gone straight gone gay again was the most bizarre storyline on a soap.

Vanessa 10-12-2014 09:17 AM

I love Robert and Aaron. They have great chemistry. It will all end in tars, but sure is exciting to watch! :amazed:

T* 10-12-2014 09:48 AM

http://i.imgur.com/xCG2LSm.gif

Vanessa 10-12-2014 10:03 AM

https://31.media.tumblr.com/cde5c8c1...ihkro6_250.gif

Black Dagger 10-12-2014 10:04 AM

Robert's just playing him isn't he? So there is only Finn and Aaron that are homosexual on the show (unless the lesbian couple are still in it, I'm not properly watching) and then with Corrie it's just Todd and Sean. Hardly an influx.

Vanessa 10-12-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusNavas (Post 7412483)
Robert's just playing him isn't he? So there is only Finn and Aaron that are homosexual on the show (unless the lesbian couple are still in it, I'm not properly watching) and then with Corrie it's just Todd and Sean. Hardly an influx.

He could be bisexual or maybe he only likes Aaron? A bit like John Paul and Craig. Craig was straight.

mizzy25 10-12-2014 10:42 AM

Eastenders you have Ben whose now denying that hes gay and is going out with Abbey. Also Johhny who is openly gay. then theres Tosh and Tina and Sonias had a kiss with Tina.

Emmerdale, Aaron and Finn are both gay, not quite sure what Roberts up too. The old guy who now owns the big house is also gay (I think) plus the lesbeins Ally and Ruby.

Coronation street, Todd and Shaun is that his name? Then theres Sophie and Maddie and there was Lloyds daughter cant think of her name but she went out with Sophie.

Neighbours, Chris and his boyfriend Nate I think hes called.

Don't think theres any gay people @ all in Home & Away.

I don't watch Hollyoaks

Theres quite a few in Holby that are gay too but cant think of them all offhand

Vanessa 10-12-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizzy25 (Post 7412494)
Eastenders you have Ben whose now denying that hes gay and is going out with Abbey. Also Johhny who is openly gay. then theres Tosh and Tina and Sonias had a kiss with Tina.

Emmerdale, Aaron and Finn are both gay, not quite sure what Roberts up too. The old guy who now owns the big house is also gay (I think) plus the lesbeins Ally and Ruby.

Coronation street, Todd and Shaun is that his name? Then theres Sophie and Maddie and there was Lloyds daughter cant think of her name but she went out with Sophie.

Neighbours, Chris and his boyfriend Nate I think hes called.

Don't think theres any gay people @ all in Home & Away.

I don't watch Hollyoaks

Theres quite a few in Holby that are gay too but cant think of them all offhand

Hollyoaks has a lot of them. My favourite are Ste and John Paul. They're getting married on Christmas day. :flutter:

Tom4784 10-12-2014 11:14 AM

Gay people exist, what's so bad about giving them representation?

waterhog 10-12-2014 09:00 PM

no one is saying its bad - just commenting on how they all copy each other and its more normal then being straight lol

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 10-12-2014 09:02 PM

http://popoverdose.com/images/smilies/emoji/e419.png

joeysteele 10-12-2014 10:06 PM

I have to say, I am pleased to see the diversity of the storylines in sopas now.
From being aged 13 and observing more closely the world around me, I came across people in gay relationships and those who were gay all the time.
Looking back over the soaps in the past,it is however a subject that either got treatment bordering on ridicule or was badly handled and way off the mark.

I think it is good to see storylines reflecting as to all in society and I commend the inclusion of gay storylines in the soaps.

It does seem like Ste in Hollyoaks is likely trying to get through near all the guys in Hollyoaks,I think this is the 4th for him now.
Only joking, I really like Kieron Richardson and think Kieron plays a blinder in all his storylines and I also know loads of people both gay and straight who are really intrigued by the Aaron and Robert storyline in Emmerdale.

It is time the soaps got into the 21st century.

Braden 10-12-2014 10:10 PM

Ever since Ste & Brendan's storyline other soaps are going down the same route with the straight/gay boy cock tease idea.

It did win Hollyoaks a lot of awards and popularity tbf.

Marsh. 10-12-2014 10:11 PM

I'm just sick of all the gay characters/storylines being about people changing sexuality at the drop of a hat.

King Gizzard 10-12-2014 11:16 PM

Imagine if it was called Gaydale thoough

Rob! 11-12-2014 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevaSnow (Post 7412482)

Thank you. :flutter:

waterhog 11-12-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 7413416)

you would have to change your name gaydale :dance:

Glenn. 11-12-2014 09:28 PM

These shows should be ashamed of themselves. Putting homos on our screens. It's not normal.

Shaun 11-12-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 7413416)

was pretty much Novo's first username

waterhog 12-12-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodKingGlennceslas (Post 7414244)
These shows should be ashamed of themselves. Putting homos on our screens. It's not normal.

not a very nice comment and not constructive at all.:shrug:

Glenn. 12-12-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhog (Post 7414553)
not a very nice comment and not constructive at all.:shrug:

I hate the gays

MTVN 12-12-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaFilthyAnimal (Post 7414275)
was pretty much Novo's first username

:joker:

T* 12-12-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodKingGlennceslas (Post 7414570)
I hate the gays

Totally Super offensive tbh, you should be ashamed :bored:

mizzy25 12-12-2014 11:14 AM

i remember the 1st tv lesbein kiss, it was in brookside. That back then was like a major storyline, now its pretty much the norm in most soaps. Brookie always was a bit controversial. I mean they had a brother and sister relationship as well, which was a bit sick like but it does happen in real life. They also had the mandy jordache storlyline where she killed her wife beating husband after he raped the kids, then buried him under the patio. yes I miss brookie lol