ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB15 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=660)
-   -   What is Viacom? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269021)

Scream 22-12-2014 10:51 PM

What is Viacom?

What actually is viacom that is making BB a bit different? Explain it in simple terms please...I don't understand this malarkey

Matt 22-12-2014 10:59 PM

Viacom is an American media giant behind TV channels including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and VIVA and film studio Paramount Pictures. It bought Channel 5 from Richard Desmond in September

It probably won't make Big Brother much different at all really - after all, the Channel 5 bosses and the BB executive producers haven't changed

Sam:) 22-12-2014 10:59 PM

Viacom are an American company that now own channel 5. They already own Comedy Central, MTV and a few other channels. So basically desmond (old owner) has no control what so ever. Most people are excited as they will probably want to give C5 a overhaul, which includes BB as they now have a say in how its made.

The best way of putting it in standard terms is that if I sell you my iPod you might not like the songs I had on it, so you'll change it and put on the kind of music you prefer as its now yours and your free to do so.

mrmattybeck1 22-12-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 7432285)
Viacom is an American media giant behind TV channels including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and VIVA and film studio Paramount Pictures. It bought Channel 5 from Richard Desmond in September

It probably won't make Big Brother much different at all really - after all, the Channel 5 bosses and the BB executive producers haven't changed

Also Desmond's magazines and papers are still giving big brother lots of promotion have a feeling they still have some deal with Viacom

Cal. 23-12-2014 12:36 AM

The only things notable about BB that wil change with Viacom in control are the branding of the show (we've seen this with the new fonts/ads being used this year, they're unlike anything we've had on Channel 5 as far as I know) and the programming (We've heard news that Bit on The Pysch has been axed and is being replaced by an extra Bit on The Side, and that it's most likely that the civilian version will not get prime time slots in the schedule in the summer). I don't know why people are in hope for a massive overhaul when yet again it'll be the same production crew we've had since Big Brother 11.

ILoveLucy 23-12-2014 01:47 AM

I hope the changes, are for the better.. have been a bit disappointed with the last bbuk and cbb. Also new to the forums Hi everyone :wavey:

Ross. 23-12-2014 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveLucy (Post 7432390)
I hope the changes, are for the better.. have been a bit disappointed with the last bbuk and cbb. Also new to the forums Hi everyone :wavey:

Welcome to the forums. :)

michael21 23-12-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scream (Post 7432278)
What actually is viacom that is making BB a bit different? Explain it in simple terms please...I don't understand this malarkey

it a hover

T* 23-12-2014 11:30 AM

Viacom is a company- They own tv channels like MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon,etc.
Not much may happen to the show, if anything, all you'll see different is the graphics of the show. This can help BB though, as Viacom will advertise BB all over the channels and vice versa by advertising other Viacom shows on C5.

mrmattybeck1 23-12-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistletom (Post 7432477)
Viacom is a company- They own tv channels like MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon,etc.
Not much may happen to the show, if anything, all you'll see different is the graphics of the show. This can help BB though, as Viacom will advertise BB all over the channels and vice versa by advertising other Viacom shows on C5.

If we get a overhaul it will be in the summer

Lwize 25-12-2014 12:51 AM

Viacom is lord/god/king of all they survey and will stop at nothing to nourish it's shareholders.

Let us pray.

Kai Anders 25-12-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwize (Post 7435106)
viacom is lord/god/king of all they survey and will stop at nothing to nourish it's shareholders.

Let us pray.

preach preach preach!

arista 25-12-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scream (Post 7432278)

Possible Money Influx