ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB15 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=660)
-   -   Ken is a champion of free speech (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270104)

Lister of Smeg 12-01-2015 02:49 PM

Ken is a champion of free speech

Weather you like or louth what he says you got to admire his bottle to say what he thinks especially when we live in a world that is offended by everything he's one of the few that says itvas it is and doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks of him . His removal from the house is a further example of the erosion of freedom of speech we are witnessing in this country more and more as the years go by.

Josy 12-01-2015 02:51 PM

No he's just an old offensive dick

There is a huge difference from freedom of speech and hate speech.

Pincho Paxton 12-01-2015 02:53 PM

I don't believe in free speech. Newspapers want free speech because they make money from it.

Lister of Smeg 12-01-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7473398)
No he's just an old offensive dick

There is a huge difference from freedom of speech and hate speech.

Nope even if people disagree they can choose to not listen hate speech or not .

GiRTh 12-01-2015 02:56 PM

Free speech or freedom to be offensive?

Lister of Smeg 12-01-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 7473419)
Free speech or freedom to be offensive?

Either way doesn't matter he has a right to his opinion in much the same way they can tell him to ****off. In the end silencing opinion of others doesn't change anything really .

MTVN 12-01-2015 02:59 PM

Nah this isn't a free speech issue

Josy 12-01-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lister of Smeg (Post 7473439)
Either way doesn't matter he has a right to his opinion in much the same way they can tell him to ****off. In the end silencing opinion of others doesn't change anything really .

People can have opinions without in any way offending or hurting other people. Ken knows he crosses the line and doesn't care as he showed in the DR.

Lister of Smeg 12-01-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton (Post 7473404)
I don't believe in free speech. Newspapers want free speech because they make money from it.

Dont like freedom of speech ?. I hear North Korea is lovely this time of year.

Jake. 12-01-2015 03:01 PM

Hardly a champion when he's been ejected

rionablue 12-01-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lister of Smeg (Post 7473394)
Weather you like or louth what he says you got to admire his bottle to say what he thinks especially when we live in a world that is offended by everything he's one of the few that says itvas it is and doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks of him . His removal from the house is a further example of the erosion of freedom of speech we are witnessing in this country more and more as the years go by.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm no he isn't. Continuous sexist comments and using racist slurs are not to be applauded. Horrible vile man who deserved to be kicked out on his sorry arse

chuff me dizzy 12-01-2015 03:02 PM

I cant stand the man ,but defend his right to free speech ,he's in his 70s, he was brought up pre PC brigade era as I was, when there really was free speech and no one was upset by it, it was the norm ,oh to go back to those days EVERYONE was happier

Pincho Paxton 12-01-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lister of Smeg (Post 7473462)
Dont like freedom of speech ?. I hear North Korea is lovely this time of year.

I was on North Korea's side.

Ammi 12-01-2015 03:03 PM

...it's not free speech though, it's just ignorance...

Josy 12-01-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7473471)
I cant stand the man ,but defend his right to free speech ,he's in his 70s, he was brought up pre PC brigade era as I was, when there really was free speech and no one was upset by it, it was the norm ,oh to go back to those days EVERYONE was happier

Apart from the people that hateful words and speeches were aimed at of course.

MTVN 12-01-2015 03:05 PM

Freedoms don't even exist in the BB house anyway, it's a highly controlled environment where the whole point is that your freedom is restricted

Lister of Smeg 12-01-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7473459)
People can have opinions without in any way offending or hurting other people. Ken knows he crosses the line and doesn't care as he showed in the DR.

I fail to see why he should walk on eggshells to save others precious feeling maybe the nanny state plonkers should grow a thicker skin and deal with it instead of eroding other people's personal freedoms just because they don't like what someone else is saying.

Liam- 12-01-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7473477)

:clap1:

Marsh. 12-01-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Yes, even the black people loved being segregated in society and looked down upon.

Such wonderful times. :idc:

Niamh. 12-01-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

exactly :laugh:

Josy 12-01-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lister of Smeg (Post 7473497)
I fail to see why he should walk on eggshells to save others precious feeling maybe the nanny state plonkers should grow a thicker skin and deal with it instead of eroding other people's personal freedoms just because they don't like what someone else is saying.

You are totally missing my points.

Free speech is completely fine, wonderful. Ken wasn't using free speech he was making vile remarks, offending people and he made a racist comment.

And who knows what else he has said to get ejected.

sampvt 12-01-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

I agree Chuff, the so called PC brigade, in all walks of life, are ruining everything that's fair in life. Its one thing to be nasty but another to be ignorant through age or intelligence.

Ammi 12-01-2015 03:07 PM

...Alexander was also brought up in the same era and yet he knows and told Ken that what he said was wrong...it's not a thing of age, it's a thing of respect...

chuff me dizzy 12-01-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

I was raised in the 60s on our street white. blacks asians all mixed ,there was never no "racial abuse" or tree hugging do gooders telling you what you could say not say

Marsh. 12-01-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 7473511)
...Alexander was also brought up in the same era and yet he knows and told Ken that what he said was wrong...it's not a thing of age, it's a thing of respect...

:clap1: