ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=548)
-   -   X Factor changes? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27316)

GlitterEyes 19-12-2006 10:22 PM

X Factor changes?

Is there any changes you would like to see on the next x factor? Change in presenter, change maybe in the judges...or maybe change how the themed weeks work. Should acts get to come back year after year? and should the public have the say in who makes the live shows or still let the judges decide?

I personally think they should not sing songs which have been sung in previous years...songs like over the rainbow because it gets boring seeing the same selection of songs time after time.

BigSister 19-12-2006 10:23 PM

i dont want the themes to come back next year and geet rid of louis

GlitterEyes 19-12-2006 10:25 PM

Who would you want to replace Louis?

BigSister 19-12-2006 10:26 PM

Not sure at the moment

andybigbro 19-12-2006 10:26 PM

lol Yeah i didnt like the themes

Bells 19-12-2006 10:29 PM

I quite like it as it is at the moment to be honest.

GlitterEyes 19-12-2006 10:29 PM

I think the themes were okay if it was "love songs" or "christmas songs" but when it comes to picking a certain singer and using songs from them it isn't fair on the contestants who really dont suit that kind of music. With love songs they have a wide range so that isn't so bad.

andybigbro 19-12-2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GlitterEyes
I think the themes were okay if it was "love songs" or "christmas songs" but when it comes to picking a certain singer and using songs from them it isn't fair on the contestants who really dont suit that kind of music. With love songs they have a wide range so that isn't so bad.
Yeah True :thumbs:

Arneldo 19-12-2006 10:31 PM

Agree. Chuck the Themed weeks and Louis.

BigSister 19-12-2006 10:33 PM

That what i mean too GE if it was love songs or number 1s that was ok but like Abba or Rod Stewart it wasnt good

GlitterEyes 19-12-2006 10:40 PM

How about if they changed the themes to actual years...so say hits between certain years all the way up til the present time. They would have alot of scope if they did it say 5 years at a time or even 60s, 70s 80s 90s then do love songs and other themes with a wide range of choice in them?

I think it would be hard letting them pick there own song choices each week with no set theme unless they picked 50 or so songs then did a lucky dip...now that would be fun to see what contestants could do with the songs lol.

sol 19-12-2006 11:11 PM

I think that they should get rid of the themes and be allowed to sing whatever they want each week.
I also think that once an act has go through to bootcamp, even if they don't make the live shows, they shouldn't be allowed to audition again. Only auditionees who got given a 'No' should be allowed back to try again.

Mike 20-12-2006 12:52 AM

I quite like the idea of them being able to choose their own song each week, IMO it would make things much more interesting because all the acts would sing a song their suited to, the current way is a bit unfair because one person could be well suited to that sort of song/music but another person might not be.

GlitterEyes 20-12-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sol
I think that they should get rid of the themes and be allowed to sing whatever they want each week.
I also think that once an act has go through to bootcamp, even if they don't make the live shows, they shouldn't be allowed to audition again. Only auditionees who got given a 'No' should be allowed back to try again.
Yeah I agree with that if they got a no then they will have a year to improve to actually show the judges they have grown and got better but acts which made bootcamp I think have an unfair advantage over acts which haven't been in that situation before.

Noopie 20-12-2006 03:50 PM

I hope something changes... nothing's really changed at all since the begining.