ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=548)
-   -   A moment like this is UK Christmas number 1!! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27351)

BBFan91 21-12-2006 11:15 PM

A moment like this is UK Christmas number 1!!

the UK Charts Company, (The music company that compiles the UK Charts), have revealed that Leona lewis' single 'A moment like this' will be UK number 1 this christmas!!

The Chart compilers have confirmed that no other single has outsold the 21 year old's single!!

Leona is set to beat Shane Ward's 'that's my goal' record breaker, that sold 876, 000 before the end of 2005!!

:dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

Chrizzle 21-12-2006 11:17 PM

Woo!

Well done Leona baby.
I knew she'd do it.

BBFan91 21-12-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chrizzle
Woo!

Well done Leona baby.
I knew she'd do it.
Amen to that!!

GlitterEyes 21-12-2006 11:28 PM

It was obvious that whoever won would get christmas #1. Take the x factor winners away from the christmas slot then I think take that would of got it.

MarkWaldorf 21-12-2006 11:30 PM

Yay. Go Leona!!

BBFan91 21-12-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GlitterEyes
It was obvious that whoever won would get christmas #1. Take the x factor winners away from the christmas slot then I think take that would of got it.
Tru!!

MarkWaldorf 21-12-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

There's also other songs out this week hoping for the xmas number 1. Girls Aloud are in the top 5 for the midweeks, so even if Leona weren't there they could have got it.

BBFan91 21-12-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Markus
Quote:

There's also other songs out this week hoping for the xmas number 1. Girls Aloud are in the top 5 for the midweeks, so even if Leona weren't there they could have got it.
GlitterEyes point is valid though, because 10million viewers see them on ITV1 every week, they r really popular and the singles will sell fast!!

so it's tru!!

MarkWaldorf 21-12-2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BB7Fan91
Quote:

Quote:

GlitterEyes point is valid though, because 10million viewers see them on ITV1 every week, they r really popular and the singles will sell fast!!

so it's tru!!
I'm talking about if Leona wasn't releasing.

BBFan91 21-12-2006 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by BB7Fan91
Quote:

Quote:

so it's tru!!
I'm talking about if Leona wasn't releasing.
k soz, i misunderstood!!

MarkWaldorf 21-12-2006 11:41 PM

:laugh: Tis ok.

GlitterEyes 21-12-2006 11:43 PM

Yeah there are many other acts which have songs out. That was just my personal opinion out of those acts who i think would of been deserving winners..they had a huge comeback, outsold tickets etc and would of been the icing on the cake for them imo.

Chrizzle 21-12-2006 11:43 PM

But Take That have been no1 for weeks, and they love Leona.
Im sure that they even bought Leona's song.

This is Leona's first Christmas as a star, its her first single, she deserves it much more!

BBFan91 21-12-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

This is Leona's first Christmas as a star, its her first single, she deserves it much more!
g2g.
Going to bed!!

nite, peeps!!

:thumbs:

GlitterEyes 21-12-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

I think they would of been given a free copy. The X Factor winner gets the christmas number 1 on a plate.

MarkWaldorf 21-12-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think they would of been given a free copy. The X Factor winner gets the christmas number 1 on a plate.
True, I doubt they would have actually bought it.

GlitterEyes 22-12-2006 12:00 AM

I'm sure their blagging skills are good they could get pretty much anything they wanted.

Chrizzle 22-12-2006 12:04 AM

Whats wrong with her getting No1?

Come on, she aint that bad, she aint that dislikeable.
Its not a big issue.

GlitterEyes 22-12-2006 12:12 AM

The issue isn't with her. She is a talented girl. I just think it is the easiest way of getting a number 1...by winning a contest. The contest is massive and has alot of fame and fortune surrounding it...the fact that whoever won would end up being christmas #1 before the show started gives you an idea of how huge it is. The word "deserving" the christmas number 1 I don't agree with because other artists have worked hard and it is getting harder for them to compete with a christmas number one year after year because it is less and less likely they will get it because of the x factor and the publicty it gets.

The christmas number 1 use to be something special but the magic has gone from the christmas number 1 because it is clear that it is getting harder and harder for known artists to compete, and even harder for brand new artists who haven't appeared on a contest to even get started.

Chrizzle 22-12-2006 12:18 AM

What so Leona hasnt worked hard?

Its not like shes just 'appeared on a TV show'
Shes got up there, with confidence issues, and sung in front of millions.
To me, thats much more deserving than standing in a studio recording.
Yeah, ok, so others desere it, but to be honest Leona has done so much since going in that audition to being crowned winner.

GlitterEyes 22-12-2006 12:31 AM

I never said she hasn't put in some effort. I just think she has had it very easy.

Mike 22-12-2006 12:40 AM

It's more down to how big the show is that she reached number 1 IMO, i'm not going to complain because there is no doubt she has an amazing voice but no matter who won the show they were always going to reach top spot.

Sophii3x 22-12-2006 07:30 AM

YEY!!:dance2:

Bells 22-12-2006 07:32 AM

I'm just ecstatic that she got it.

Well done Leona! :hello:

Princess 22-12-2006 10:04 AM

My mum heard on the radio yesterday that for every one Take That are selling Leona is selling 25. She deffo will be number 1. I hope Take That re number 2. I say they will be :elephant: