ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Signing out for good - an apology (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273965)

Margarine. 23-02-2015 02:53 PM

Signing out for good - an apology

This may not be well punctuated or even legible but I'm a mess right now and this is an instinctive thing for me so I am sorry if it's hard to understand

Last night, the friend of someone I am extremely close to committed suicide as a result of online bullying. Everyone I know has been hit extremely hard by it and it's my first real experience of the damage that cyberbullying can do to people

I feel as though I need to apologise for my own actions over the past few months. I may not have been directly involved with it but I still had an intense association with that.

Some of the comments I've heard made by the group I associated with were chillingly similar to the ones that have appeared to cause a young woman not two years older than me to take her life and that's unforgiveable. Picking on people because of their weight or appearance is something I always just took for granted, I didn't realise the hurt it could cause and this has hit me in the strangest way

Sorry to everyone for anything I have done, my actions were out of line and I'm pretty ashamed of myself.

Smithy 23-02-2015 02:59 PM

Oh God Lf, that's awful :( I'm so sorry for your loss but proud of you for having the balls to apologise for what you did :hug: I hope you're ok

Cherie 23-02-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 7608589)
Oh God Lf, that's awful :( I'm so sorry for your loss but proud of you for having the balls to apologise for what you did :hug: I hope you're ok

I'll second that :clap1:

Josy 23-02-2015 03:02 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks also for the apology, it can be uncomfortable realising you have been in the wrong but admitting it makes you a better person and enables you to make better choices in the long run.

Niamh. 23-02-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7608597)
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks also for the apology, it can be uncomfortable realising you have been in the wrong but admitting it makes you a better person and enables you to make better choices in the long run.

Exactly this.

Sorry about your friend too, that's awful.

Drew. 23-02-2015 03:05 PM

I had a friend take their own life because of bullying & being targeted on by groups of people, its just a shame it goes to this extent before people finally realize what they're doing is wrong. Sorry for your loss though.

Livia 23-02-2015 03:10 PM

Everyone says or does things they regret. Great to see you put that behind you, and I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.

This forum, for all its faults, got me through the toughest time in my life, which I know sounds melodramatic. Think about staying, you'll need friends around you x

Jake. 23-02-2015 03:16 PM

Well it's sad that something like this has to happen to make people realise, really sorry for your loss though and I'm sure your apology will go a long way

Kazanne 23-02-2015 03:31 PM

So sorry to hear about your friend,we are always here to chat to.

Kyle 23-02-2015 03:39 PM

The whole point of life is to learn from your mistakes and come out of it as a better person. A few years back I ignored someone on Facebook I knew at school who was only reaching out for people to talk to because she was lonely. She committed suicide too.

The fact of the matter is you beat yourself up about it for a bit, dust yourself down and come back better and that starts with what you have done today by accepting responsibility.

I wasn't affected by what you all did so my opinion is worth squat I know but at least you came on and faced the music so I don't think personally you should hang your account up for good.

Sorry about your acquaintance as well. Being in the position of wanting to take your own life is a horrible place to be. I'm sad for her/him and their family.

Maybe a heartfelt personal PM to the people that were involved in your groups activities would be a good place to start.

All the best chief.

Pete. 23-02-2015 03:45 PM

So sorry to hear about your friend LeFreak :( I hope you are ok :love:

Jay. 23-02-2015 03:45 PM

That's awful! Sorry for your loss. Glad you've realised you were in the wrong though. Hope you're alright man.

susie q 23-02-2015 04:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend, but dont be to hasty to leave the forum though, its a good place to chat and let off steam if you feel the need.

AnnieK 23-02-2015 04:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend. It's awful when something like that hits so close to home. THE problem with the internet is it seems so anonymous but people are still affected terribly. You've Been the bigger person to acknowledge what you did was wrong, even by association but now you need to put it behind you and chalk it up to experience and learn from it.

Take care of you and your friends :love:

kirklancaster 23-02-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 7608608)
Everyone says or does things they regret. Great to see you put that behind you, and I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.

This forum, for all its faults, got me through the toughest time in my life, which I know sounds melodramatic. Think about staying, you'll need friends around you x

I second this.

armand.kay 23-02-2015 04:36 PM

Really sorry to hear about this Alex I hope you get through this ok :hug:

Ross. 23-02-2015 04:40 PM

I'm sorry for your loss Alex, I hope you're okay :hug:

Vicky. 23-02-2015 04:43 PM

Sorry for your loss.

I think sometimes people don't realize the effect words on the internet..even from strangers..can actually have on someone.

JoshBB 23-02-2015 04:46 PM

I hope you are okay, and your friend's family too. Good on you for apologising - though I don't see what you've posted that would upset anyone, it's mostly just harmless sass.

Samm 23-02-2015 04:49 PM

Hope you're okay Alex x

Gstar 23-02-2015 04:50 PM

Sorry for your loss Alex, you know you can talk to me anytime http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/smilies/hug.gif

Cal. 23-02-2015 04:52 PM

Goodbye sweet prince and sorry for your loss x

Headie 23-02-2015 05:17 PM

Sorry for your loss, I'm here to talk if you ever feel like you need to let off steam :(

Mystic Mock 23-02-2015 06:32 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

As I said a couple of days ago, Internet sites can be a place to learn how to mature, I feel that FB did it's job here, only it sadly took someone elses life in the midst of it all.

But you have any issues you should talk to me or one of the other members on here, I'm sure we would all hear you out.

Glenn. 23-02-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 7608621)
Well it's sad that something like this has to happen to make people realise, really sorry for your loss though and I'm sure your apology will go a long way

This really.

Sorry to hear about your friend.