ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Ukip offers legal protection to Christians who oppose same-sex marriage (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276047)

LeatherTrumpet 28-04-2015 03:25 PM

Ukip offers legal protection to Christians who oppose same-sex marriage

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/im...9614168531.jpg

Ukip has released a mini-manifesto for Christians, saying it would extend protection to those who want to oppose gay marriage because of their religious beliefs.

The document is published on the websites of some candidates and the election page of Christian Concern, a group that is against abortion and same-sex marriage.

The manifesto for Christians says Ukip would not seek to reverse gay marriage, even though the party was opposed to it being introduced. However, it would offer special protection to those who wanted to object to gay marriage or express other matters of religious conscience in the course of carrying out their jobs.

The manifesto says: “We will not repeal the legislation, as it would be grossly unfair and unethical to ‘un-marry’ loving couples or restrict further marriages, but we will not require churches to marry same-sex couples. We will also extend the legal concept of ‘reasonable accommodation’ to give protection in law to those expressing a religious conscience in the workplace on this issue.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...e-sex-marriage

(good news for bakers and printers)

another Tibb vote winner?

Shaun 28-04-2015 03:55 PM

And you said it was just immigration policies that we disliked ;)

LeatherTrumpet 28-04-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 7724156)
And you said it was just immigration policies that we disliked ;)

:fist:

the truth 28-04-2015 03:58 PM

great policy fair play. the reverse bigotry is totally out of hand....death threats and violence for anyone who has a different opinion is bang out of order

Northern Monkey 28-04-2015 04:11 PM

Well it should be up to the particular churches if they want to offer gay marriage.

the truth 28-04-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeballPaul (Post 7724182)
Well it should be up to the particular churches if they want to offer gay marriage.

it should be but anyone who opposes gets death threats or attacked by these pro gay rights hypocrites who previously moaned about the violence against gay people

Niamh. 28-04-2015 04:28 PM

So UKIP was against legalising gay marriage then? I don't think any of the main political parties here are actually campaigning against it for the upcoming referendum, they're all in the Yes camp which is great

LeatherTrumpet 28-04-2015 04:30 PM

They are going after the older white haired church going vote before they die

Iceman 28-04-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 7724210)
So UKIP was against legalising gay marriage then? I don't think any of the main political parties here are actually campaigning against it for the upcoming referendum, they're all in the Yes camp which is great

The latest updates indicate a yes vote by the way. http://www.redcresearch.ie/blog/refe....1GsHvO8g.dpbs

the truth 28-04-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 7724213)

before they get murdered by radical gay activists

Tom4784 28-04-2015 04:56 PM

Just another reason not to vote for that backwards party.

Withano 28-04-2015 05:01 PM

Bring back homophobia. Got my vote.
Spoiler:

just kidding, I'm not a ****

Kyle 28-04-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 7724228)
before they get murdered by radical gay activists

It's historically Christians who murder anyone with opposing views.

the truth 28-04-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 7724258)
It's historically Christians who murder anyone with opposing views.

youre lying again:nono:

Kyle 28-04-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 7724266)
youre lying again:nono:

Oh you got me :fan:

arista 28-04-2015 05:27 PM

Farage is on STV

Doing the political broadcast
UK has fecking Labour

joeysteele 28-04-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 7724243)
Just another reason not to vote for that backwards party.

I am for sure glad I am not.

Nedusa 28-04-2015 05:51 PM

Oh here we go again , this subject has been debated to death on here but again I make the point what does "legalising Gay marriage" actually mean ?

In law both gay and straight couples can marry in any building they want as long as they obtain a marriage licence and observe all other legal requirements.

That is Marriage... That's it the rest is down to personal religious preference , so if you are a member of a church that at its core does not marry gay couples then that is that...!!!

Go find a church that marries gay couples or start one of your own, but you will not and can not force a group of like minded people to change their views because someone tells them to.

It won't work, won't wash never gonna happen so move on and let these backward thinking bigoted people carry on with their own church . Who wants to be in a church like that anyway.

That's it really in a nutshell , gay marriage is a meaningless term as all marriage is allowed in the UK .

Religious wedding ceremonies well that's another issue and one that is best left to individuals.

joeysteele 28-04-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedusa (Post 7724335)
Oh here we go again , this subject has been debated to death on here but again I make the point what does "legalising Gay marriage" actually mean ?

In law both gay and straight couples can marry in any building they want as long as they obtain a marriage licence and observe all other legal requirements.

That is Marriage... That's it the rest is down to personal religious preference , so if you are a member of a church that at its core does not marry gay couples then that is that...!!!

Go find a church that marries gay couples or start one of your own, but you will not and can not force a group of like minded people to change their views because someone tells them to.

It won't work, won't wash never gonna happen so move on and let these backward thinking bigoted people carry on with their own church . Who wants to be in a church like that anyway.

That's it really in a nutshell , gay marriage is a meaningless term as all marriage is allowed in the UK .

Religious wedding ceremonies well that's another issue and one that is best left to individuals.

It isn't just about churches however, they are talking about people exercising their christian,well whatever they are as to views,since christianity is really about no judging or condemning,in business and the workplace.

You have say a manager who thinks gay relationships are wrong,his views will be permitted to be 'used' against said individuals.
people in business, such as B&B's Hotels, would be then allowed to refuse the custom of said individuals.

That is very backward looking and unjust too in my view,such people, with such prejudices should not have authority over others or be allowed in a business either where they invite the public, as to custom.

LeatherTrumpet 28-04-2015 06:05 PM

Can gay couples get married in mosques?

Livia 28-04-2015 06:09 PM

So UKIP will protect Christians from being forced to marry gay couples. What's the problem with that? There are some Christians who will marry gay people but the church should not be forced. Otherwise you're also going to have to force the Jews, the Hindus, the Sikhs the Muslims et al. And good luck with that.

Nedusa 28-04-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 7724351)
It isn't just about churches however, they are talking about people exercising their christian,well whatever they are as to views,since christianity is really about no judging or condemning,in business and the workplace.

You have say a manager who thinks gay relationships are wrong,his views will be permitted to be 'used' against said individuals.
people in business, such as B&B's Hotels, would be then allowed to refuse the custom of said individuals.

That is very backward looking and unjust too in my view,such people, with such prejudices should not have authority over others or be allowed in a business either where they invite the public, as to custom.

I agree with you Joey, but my point was about the way the state tries to force a church to change its view through legislation it won't work , small minded bigoted prejudiced people will always find a way to protect their views using religious dogma when it suits them.

But I agree with your point gay relationships are just relationships like straight relationships , there should be no distinction and certainly no prejudice.

If there is then the law needs to come down heavily on the person or persons who are discriminating.

Nedusa 28-04-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 7724359)
So UKIP will protect Christians from being forced to marry gay couples. What's the problem with that? There are some Christians who will marry gay people but the church should not be forced. Otherwise you're also going to have to force the Jews, the Hindus, the Sikhs the Muslims et al. And good luck with that.

Christians are not forced to marry anybody.....!!!!

I don't really understand this whole UKIP episode, which upsets me a little as I do support UKIP ...??

Livia 28-04-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedusa (Post 7724386)
Christians are not forced to marry anybody.....!!!!

I don't really understand this whole UKIP episode, which upsets me a little as I do support UKIP ...??

No, I know they're not forced, but there are some quarters who think the next step is to allow gay people to marry in church. Like I said, some vicars will do it of their own volition and good for them. But the church should not be forced. I don't know why they're making it an issue right now, it'll lose them more votes than it'll get them, I think.

On the upside, I've been asked to be 'best woman' at my friend's marriage next year and I predict it will be an extravaganza!

Cherie 28-04-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 7724213)

I thought you weren't into the Church :suspect: