ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Senior Labour MP Sadiq Khan has lashed calling Voters Bastards (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277796)

arista 22-05-2015 11:17 AM

Senior Labour MP Sadiq Khan has lashed calling Voters Bastards

Bastards ! thats no way to speak to Kizzy.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/a...1_2349293a.jpg

[In an impromptu speech to
local Labour Party members
in Battersea, South London,
one of the angry attacks
Mr Khan made on the
public was: “Voters are b*****ds”.
The former shadow justice
secretary’s bombshell remark
angered listening party activists.]

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-bastards.html

Feck You Khan - You are Pathetic

joeysteele 22-05-2015 11:24 AM

Extraordinary statement,that is 'if' it is the case,it is as printed.

Kizzy 22-05-2015 11:28 AM

I've bee called worse :idc:
I heard dave effing and jeffing during the election... big deal he swore, it's an emotive subject the future of the country isn't it?

MTVN 22-05-2015 12:12 PM

Sounds like an ill judged joke to me, probably didn't think it would go beyond the Labour gathering

bitontheslide 22-05-2015 12:21 PM

I was actually quite stunned on election night the way so many of the labour MP's stuck their head in the sand, they showed a complete lack of understanding of reality. Neil Kinnock for example called the voters deluded. While Ashdown made a fool of himself in the predictions stakes, I think party supporters can be forgiven for being blinkered in that respect, but I can't honestly remember an election previously where the losing parties criticised the will of the people. This seems to be a continuation of the same mind set, and I hope its stamped out now as it does democracy no favours at all.

Kizzy 22-05-2015 12:31 PM

The people WERE deluded though :/
Everyday there are things coming out that were somehow suppressed before the election which could have had an impact on the way the electorate voted.

LeatherTrumpet 22-05-2015 12:53 PM

well on his return from Ibiza failed leader Ed called labour voters lazy

Its a party in deep crisis

:idc:

arista 22-05-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 7794819)
well on his return from Ibiza failed leader Ed called labour voters lazy

Its a party in deep crisis

:idc:

Ed who?

LeatherTrumpet 22-05-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 7794821)
Ed who?

:joker:

Pete. 22-05-2015 01:12 PM

messss

MTVN 22-05-2015 01:30 PM

The Labour intelligentsia are not happy that the proles were too blind to obey Miliband's vanguard

Kizzy 22-05-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 7794872)
The Labour intelligentsia are not happy that the proles were too blind to obey Miliband's vanguard

Damn straight! :laugh:

empire 22-05-2015 11:05 PM

it show's that those mps are paid to much, to talk alot of crap, maybe it is time that the party get rid of useless, mps that lie their way through the voters,

kirklancaster 23-05-2015 08:14 AM

:laugh: Seems like UKIP are not the only party to have members who are guilty of 'operating mouth without engaging brain' - though we have yet to witness a backlash as widespread or passionate as in UKIP examples.

This cannot be anything to do with WHO controls the extensive media propaganda machine though - Can it? :hehe:

joeysteele 23-05-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 7797939)
:laugh: Seems like UKIP are not the only party to have members who are guilty of 'operating mouth without engaging brain' - though we have yet to witness a backlash as widespread or passionate as in UKIP examples.

This cannot be anything to do with WHO controls the extensive media propaganda machine though - Can it? :hehe:

I agree there, all parties have their loose cannons and people with ill advised or ill termed comments.

Gordon Brown stands almost head and shoulders above all of them for his 'bigot' rant as to the Rochdale Labour voter.

That is the 'Mother of them all' for me,especially in an election campaign and from a Prime Minister too.

kirklancaster 23-05-2015 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 7797953)
I agree there, all parties have their loose cannons and people with ill advised or ill termed comments.

Gordon Brown stands almost head and shoulders above all of them for his 'bigot' rant as to the Rochdale Labour voter.

That is the 'Mother of them all' for me,especially in an election campaign and from a Prime Minister too.

I also agree with your Gordon Brown remarks Joey. These 'incidents' - in ALL parties - actually make me wonder sometimes just if there are covert 'anti-party' members who are actually TRYING to sabotage their own party's prospects.

I mean, in some particular examples, the 'gaffe' is so PATENTLY going to be captured and made public, that it's beyond comprehension that it WAS committed without 'malice aforethought'.

I just wish they would ALL just become more honest, concentrate MORE on straightforward policy rather than assassinating other politicians - whether from INSIDE or OUTSIDE their own parties - and ALL stop lying.

Perhaps then, the rest of us lesser mortals will not only be more prone to follow their example, but also be able to make up our political minds based PURELY on POLICY and TRUTH rather than propaganda, spin and deception.

I am certain that when it comes down to it - whether Tory, Labour, Lib-Dem or UKIP - that ALL we ALL really desire, is what is BEST for this country and its people.

Realising those desires is not easy with the state of politics being what it has descended to.

Kizzy 23-05-2015 09:06 AM

I agreed with Brown and his comment was justified for me, she was being a bigot.
I also agree that the greasy con dems got away with effectively rigging the election with their stooges at hustings, plants at TV debates, invented 'lists' of supporters and media leaks of misinformation all fueling the negative propaganda media machine.

joeysteele 23-05-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 7797981)
I also agree with your Gordon Brown remarks Joey. These 'incidents' - in ALL parties - actually make me wonder sometimes just if there are covert 'anti-party' members who are actually TRYING to sabotage their own party's prospects.

I mean, in some particular examples, the 'gaffe' is so PATENTLY going to be captured and made public, that it's beyond comprehension that it WAS committed without 'malice aforethought'.

I just wish they would ALL just become more honest, concentrate MORE on straightforward policy rather than assassinating other politicians - whether from INSIDE or OUTSIDE their own parties - and ALL stop lying.

Perhaps then, the rest of us lesser mortals will not only be more prone to follow their example, but also be able to make up our political minds based PURELY on POLICY and TRUTH rather than propaganda, spin and deception.

I am certain that when it comes down to it - whether Tory, Labour, Lib-Dem or UKIP - that ALL we ALL really desire, is what is BEST for this country and its people.

Realising those desires is not easy with the state of politics being what it has descended to.

That is all true Kirk,I know too in addition to the opposing parties always trying to dig something out or seize on anything someone from another party may say that could be or is controversial.

You have too,those within the support elements of a party and attached to it, who have their own agendas and how they would like things to be,who then also look for any way to 'highlight' controversial comments or incidents to achieve the changes they want.

Sadly,politicians rarely know when to really keep their mouths shut and take more care.
There are far more than enough incidents of things getting into the media that needn't have been, had they just kept some of their thoughts to themselves.