ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   When you use a laughing smiley are you really laughing... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277970)

Ammi 24-05-2015 04:49 AM

When you use a laughing smiley are you really laughing...

..or just vaguely smiling or maybe not even at all...

..LMAO...are you really..?...or ROFLING round the floor etc...is that what you are doing when you post that you are..?...etc etc...

GLENN BILL BB7 24-05-2015 04:52 AM

In Reality ... No.

Ammi 24-05-2015 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLENN BILL BB7 (Post 7802692)
In Reality ... No.

..GLENN BILL exposes the laughing smiley cover up on TiBB...:laugh:...

Mokka 24-05-2015 05:09 AM

I use all three levels in an appropriate manner

:laugh: = lol - smiling to small chuckle
:laugh2: = lmao - actually paused while reading and then laughed out loud
:laugh3: = lmfao - slapping my knee, grasping my chest in hysterical laughter

:joker: I am making a joke, or am responding to your joke with laughter;I got your joke.
:hehe: I may or may not be having a cheeky chuckle at your or someone else's expense, even mine :hehe:

but I am a laugh out loud kinda person in life as well

Jay. 24-05-2015 06:16 AM

if i use three :joker::joker::joker: then i'm laughing out loud

Josy 24-05-2015 08:17 AM

A lot of the time I am laughing out loud, theres been more than a few occasions where I have had to try explaining to whoever else is in the room with me why I suddenly burst out laughing.

The other times is basically to say, I know it's a joke, I'm making a joke, I see what you did there etc.

Lots on here though I forget to post a smiley and then people take my posts as serious when I'm joking.

arista 24-05-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 7802691)
..or just vaguely smiling or maybe not even at all...

..LMAO...are you really..?...or ROFLING round the floor etc...is that what you are doing when you post that you are..?...etc etc...

Yes I am alot
but I never use smiles
as its not Professional

arista 24-05-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7802782)
A lot of the time I am laughing out loud, theres been more than a few occasions where I have had to try explaining to whoever else is in the room with me why I suddenly burst out laughing.

The other times is basically to say, I know it's a joke, I'm making a joke, I see what you did there etc.

Lots on here though I forget to post a smiley and then people take my posts as serious when I'm joking.

No you do need them
you are at a Higher Level

Feel The Force

Ammi 24-05-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7802782)

..Nathan..?..:laugh:...

..I know what you mean though about not using smileys/laughing smileys, it's only relatively recently that I've tried to use them more because otherwise it can sound as though I've really meant something that I've said in a light way...

Josy 24-05-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 7802793)
..Nathan..?..:laugh:...

..I know what you mean though about not using smileys/laughing smileys, it's only relatively recently that I've tried to use them more because otherwise it can sound as though I've really meant something that I've said in a light way...

Hhaha yeah it's true that it was Nathan mostly that made me really laugh out loud especially with his random posts and images.

MB. 24-05-2015 08:57 AM

When I use :elephant: I in fact turn into an elephant

lily. 24-05-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7802818)
Hhaha yeah it's true that it was Nathan mostly that made me really laugh out loud especially with his random posts and images.

Where did he go? I miss him.

Marsh. 24-05-2015 08:48 PM

Yes, if I post a few jokers at once.

If I'm not I'll use the grinning one.

If I use this one :laugh3: then I really am in hysterical laughter.

Calderyon 24-05-2015 09:07 PM

I´m not sure if i have ever used the laugh smilie tbh.

But outside, i´m quite stoic, but who knows what happens inside?

(Well, me obviously, but who else?)

Jamesy 24-05-2015 09:21 PM

:laugh: = A smile/small laugh
:joker: = I'm laughing, but not loads
:joker: :joker: = You've really made me laugh well done
:joker: :joker: :joker: = I'm laughing enough for my mum to think I'm having problems breathing
:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: = You've killed me, I'm in the back of an ambulance on my way to A&E

Although most of the time smilies are just used for the sake of it, sometimes it makes posts look more light hearted

Niamh. 25-05-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokkajava (Post 7802698)

:joker: I am making a joke, or am responding to your joke with laughter;I got your joke.
:hehe: I may or may not be having a cheeky chuckle at your or someone else's expense, even mine :hehe:

That's pretty accurate for me too

Vicky. 25-05-2015 09:26 AM

Not normally.

Its embarassing when you actually randomly burst out laughing when reading a forum. I SNORTED once while my mum was here and had to explain :S

kirklancaster 25-05-2015 12:10 PM

I regularly have others in my company looking at me as if I'm nuts when I'm reading posts on here and I burst out laughing (usually insane LeatherTrumpet) and sometimes I cannot then stop giggling for several minutes.

I only use Joker or Laugh emoticons if I truly find posts funny, though I have a broad sense of humour. Similarly, I only use clapping emoticons if I genuinely feel the post has merit.

MTVN 25-05-2015 12:12 PM

No but then I am not a big laugher in general :notimpressed:

Jessica. 25-05-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

I'm almost the same as this but replace :laugh: with :joker: on the first line.

LeatherTrumpet 25-05-2015 12:19 PM

yes I am actually laughing

some of the live Eurovision comments had me laughing like a drain

Kizzy 25-05-2015 12:23 PM

I'm very cynical I sometimes think posters use clapping and laughing smilies to be sarcastic or agree with sarcastic comments :suspect:

Suze 25-05-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

I'd pretty much go with that.

YourLAEx 25-05-2015 02:54 PM

:joker: I use this smiley to say 'you're wrong, I'm right'.

:laugh: This one is for laugh out loud.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 25-05-2015 03:14 PM

rarely